• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hold on to your chair guys. This is HUGE!

Christine LaGarde seems to be telling this lady from the African republic of the Congo that remittances and technology is going to change and that some people should be worried about the disrupters in that particular field. Who could she be talking about except Bitcoin?

I suspect that the articles i've been reading that seem to imply that she has dismissed Bitcoin were misinterpreted :)

I think you're 100% accurate in this assessment. I strongly believe Bitcoin is being taken over by banksters *was taken over actually. This deserves a whole new thread because it's a very big topic.

I'd come to the same conclusion, the vampire squids tentacles have been worming their way through it and now they appear to have it in a stranglehold. Part of the way they operate is to appear all-powerful though and that's often an illusion, their seemingly iron grip on the markets slipped recently so they're not invincible and there's plenty of scenarios that could result in their hold slipping on the Bitcoin blockchain but that's just one side of the story, the tentacles are still worming their way in elsewhere. The obvious sign of the takeover was banking getting friendly with Bitcoin, they simply don't do that with anything they can't control and now IBM and Microsoft are getting friendly and they'll be a little more difficult to out-evolve in the tech race.

Our biggest opponent in all this isn't the banks, it's not the tech giants, it's ourselves. "If there was hope, it MUST lie in the proles", and we can see why that statement was clearly false, our resilience to change is incalculable, we can easily be diverted into squabbling over trivialities and we're satisfied with crumbs from the cake and ignore who's getting the slices. I'd never realised it before Dash but that cake might be the key, bitcoin started handing out slices and it took great effort by those who consider the cake their own to turn that back into crumbs but a genie was let out of another bottle, incentivisation is a very powerful tool.

You may be right, but I do see Bitcoin being more secure than anything the banks can come up with, and it's speed (compared to banks, it's super fast) will draw them in. That's not even taking into account it's cost, which is minimal especially at the amounts they trade daily.

Bitcoin may be faster than wire transfers which can take a few business days. BUT Bitcoin is slower than Paypal which is instant and has zero fees when transferred between Paypal accounts and Bitcoin is slower than Mastercard or Visa who have instant transactions and can be used for day to day shopping.

DASH with InstantX cancels out the advantage of hipster banks like Paypal and payment options like Visa/Mastercard.

So maybe Bitcoin is "playing by the rules" of AML and KYC, it only effects small time users. You're right that Satoshi's hope for bringing down the the world banking organization has failed. But lets face it, total chaos isn't in anyone's interest. I still see all this as being extremely empowering to the people.

Not the small users are the problem but the big money actually. Banks under the umbrella of AML/KYC launder huge amounts of money for certain groups and they get away with it. They only apply nasty KYC/AML to small people who are not worth messing around with due to poor risk/reward ratio. :) One such example is HSBC laundering huge amounts of drug money or UBS bankers moving money in and out for clients using clever tactics like putting diamonds in toothpaste tubes. HSBC is biggest bank in the UK, one of the biggest in the world and so is UBS, the Swiss banking giant.

You speak about total chaos....well if you believe that central banks cause boom and bust cycles and trigger economic crises as a result, than removing central banks from the equation would create a much more stable financial system and much more order, the very opposite of chaos. The central banks create the chaos. This was Satoshi's point of view and I believe it's totally accurate.

In other words DASH not Bitcoin is the best bet at this point to move the vision of Bitcoin forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what, Banks and Governments, who are in bed together, are extremely powerful. They don't even teach economics in grade school, and for a very good reason. The most they will teach is basic accounting and how to balance a checkbook (I don't think they even do that anymore, do they?) Anyway, I agree that Dash is the only crypto currency that can act as cash, but the entire world needs to be converted over. That's actually easiest in the lowest economic tiered countries. For the top tier, man, it's going to take a lot of time. I can't see cryptos taking over finances in less that 20 years. I can, however, see them take big bites out in as soon as 5 years.

If you listen to Christine LaGarde in the clip above, you can see that she believes in social engineering as well as Environmental and Economical. The people at the top want to do good, but feel they can do it artificially by imposing taxes, and forcing their will (which is RIGHT) on all people of the world, etc... And of course it's always from the point of view of Westerners, what is good, what is bad. I'm sure that if they help people at all, they actually do it at an exorbitant cost, which is of course well justified from their point of view.

Their beliefs and ours are different but still beliefs. Beliefs are deeply rooted in our souls. Somewhere we have to come together. Because, frankly, they have more people on their side in the world than we do. If the point of Bitcoin is to rain in large governments, war and increase the reach of funding to the far corners of the world, we will have to work together. There is no black, no white, only grey.

To win this conversion, it will take time. It'll take at minimum a generation. Those hippies have to die off, man. I'm at the tail end of that era, and I see their point of view. But I see it having warped into being exactly the same thing as what they fought in the first place. The whole structure of how governments are paid and what banks do has to change. They won't disappear entirely, but they will have to eventually fundamentally change.

Anyway, I think we must at least think along these lines if we want to evaluate how cryptos might fair in the world of tomorrow. We also must think about how to subvert an agressive international governmental/bankster coalition to stamp out cryptos. I really feel that won't happen though.

I am new here can anyone detail me what is Dash bitcoin?
It's best you first of all read up on the whitepaper, and then perhaps have a go at our FAQ. DASH is the future, but you must first understand it before you partake of it!!

Back