• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hey community, Let's invent a name for Milli-Dash

Technologov

Hey community, Let's invent a name for Milli-Dash

Dash is quickly becoming expensive coin, over $90 already, and merchats need a new unit.

For now we have:

1 DASH

1 dot = 0.000'001 DASH (one millionth)

1 duff = 0.000'000'01 DASH (one hundred-millionth)

We need to invent a name for milli-dash, or 0.001 DASH, preferably starting with a D.

=====

So far we have three good candidates:

Dosh, Doin and Dilly -- all are very nice :)

We need milla dash and we need to split up Dash into centadash or milldash. Price is over $100. Would be better for price to be $1 or 10cents. More likely to go up.

Many people I know won't buy Bitcoin because "its too expensive and don't have $1000 to buy". When you explain they can buy half a Bitcoin, I had one guy say, "why would I want half a bitcoin"

They do NOT get it. That's why smaller units are better.

I partly disagree.

You have to be able to buy a food and things with your current money.
The money in dollar, euro, yen or other local currency, you earned by working.
You know exacly how much you can spend each month.
We want the price of things to fit on the label and be human readable.
Consumers must be able to easilly understand and interpret the price. Is it cheap or expensive?
So in this world we don't need to know how much 1 dash is.
If everybody converted to local currency, than there is no problem.
Everybody can receive it, use it and spend it, like "real" money.

If Dash is so big it can overtake local currencies then we need to price articles in Dash.
I think by then in µDash.

In the end I think everybody feels the most comfortable with their own local currency.

BTW: Dash is brand of washpowder here in the Nederlands from the firm Procter & Gamble.
So i can buy then, Dash washpowder with Dash money. Then you can really do money laundering. ;-)

Back