• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help with setting up p2pool on Ubuntu 12.04

yidakee

Foundation Member
Following this tutorial by miner_n00b

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/1zg2c8/tutorial_how_to_set_up_a_darkcoin_p2pool_server/

Been able to fix a few errors compiling darkcoind, but I'm stuck on this one

Code:
dark@dark-A7F:~/darkcoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix darkcoind
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/dark/darkcoin/src -I/home/dark/darkcoin/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/dark/darkcoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/dark/darkcoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/alert.d -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
alert.cpp:6:53: fatal error: boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1
dark@dark-A7F:~/darkcoin/src$

tried googling, it, can't figure it out. Any ideas?

It sure did !! Thank you!. I'd love to get this done today for the RC2 test net, then off to masternode.

Now stuck on another step. Could be because I closed the lid to go to sleep, tried opening laptop lid but Ubuntu did not wake up. Had to hard-reset. Upon boot, when I try to "make" the pool I get this error, suggesting info got cached and can't retrieve? Tried git clone p2pool-drk again and make, same error

Code:
dark@dark-A7F:~/p2pool-drk$ make
mkdir -p /home/dark/p2pool-drk/.cache/virtualenv
sh -c "cd /home/dark/p2pool-drk/.cache/virtualenv && curl -O https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/v/virtualenv/virtualenv-1.10.1.tar.gz"
sh: 1: curl: not found
make: *** [/home/dark/p2pool-drk/.cache/virtualenv/virtualenv-1.10.1.tar.gz] Error 127
dark@dark-A7F:~/p2pool-drk$

EDIT: ok... I've downloaded virtualenv-1.10.1.tar.gz, trying to copy to the .cache/

EDIT: Didnt wor, tried manually copying the contents of virtualenv-1-10-1-tar-gz into /.cache/virtualenv, but I'm gettin erro 127 in terminal, and "Specified location not supported" using drag-n--drop

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure did !! Thank you!. I'd love to get this done today for the RC2 test net, then off to masternode.

Now stuck on another step. Could be because I closed the lid to go to sleep, tried opening laptop lid but Ubuntu did not wake up. Had to hard-reset. Upon boot, when I try to "make" the pool I get this error, suggesting info got cached and can't retrieve? Tried git clone p2pool-drk again and make, same error

Code:
dark@dark-A7F:~/p2pool-drk$ make
mkdir -p /home/dark/p2pool-drk/.cache/virtualenv
sh -c "cd /home/dark/p2pool-drk/.cache/virtualenv && curl -O https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/v/virtualenv/virtualenv-1.10.1.tar.gz"
sh: 1: curl: not found
make: *** [/home/dark/p2pool-drk/.cache/virtualenv/virtualenv-1.10.1.tar.gz] Error 127
dark@dark-A7F:~/p2pool-drk$

EDIT: ok... I've downloaded virtualenv-1.10.1.tar.gz, trying to copy to the .cache/

EDIT: Didnt wor, tried manually copying the contents of virtualenv-1-10-1-tar-gz into /.cache/virtualenv, but I'm gettin erro 127 in terminal, and "Specified location not supported" using drag-n--drop

I haven't checked and used virtualenv.

Then I am completely stuck. Just following the directions from miner_n00b. Time to go find other tutorials and adapt to DRK

What OS are you using? With Ubuntu it should work with the right dependencies. Make the wallet. Start it with the -server and -daemon flag.

If you've gotten that far all you need is the p2pool dependencies.
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-zope.interface python-twisted python-twisted-web python-dev libncurses5-dev

Code:
~/p2pool-drk/ sudo make

Then download the subsidiary and the hash function (Reddit guide has the links.)
Install them with going into the folder/directory and typing.
Code:
sudo python setup.py install

Finally run ./start-darkpool. or whatever it's called. to see it running type in
Code:
screen -r

(TO EXIT)

CTRL A, CTRL D

Thanks Propulsion, that would be Ubuntu 12.04.04 32bit laptop, updated and upgraded. Its only intended to get my feet wet with linux and RC2 testnet. I'll give it a shot when I get back home

Back