• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help on Jaxx wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

trungtrung11

I am writing to you today in the hope that someone can help me get through to the Jaxx people. If you feel you are not the best person, then please forward this message to the best person.

I set up the Jaxx wallet to store bitcoin and Dash. My first experiment was to import some bitcoin from a paper wallet which had been accumulating some mining pool earnings. I input the private key to the Jaxx wallet, but could not understand why so little bitcoin arrived in the wallet. On investigating I found that 80%, yes 80%, had been given to transaction fee. Now this was not a trivial amount of bitcoin, 0.10151676 BTC (over £200), and all I received was 0.01285896 BTC. At no point was I able to review the transaction fee.

Now I realise this has little to do with Dash, but Dash is using the Jaxx wallet on IOS so may be affected in the same way.

My main problem is that Jaxx support are not replying to my support request and again I am concerned that they may behave the same way to Dash users.

So I would be most grateful if you can forward this message on to the Jaxx team or whoever you think might be able to help.

If this cannot be rectified, I fear for the success of crypto currencies in general because this behaviour is unacceptable and once the general public hears more stories of this kind, there is every risk that they will loose faith in crypto currencies.

I did not make any mistakes. The Jaxx wallet a) did not make me aware of the transaction fee, b) allowed the software or 3rd party to calculate a ridiculous transaction fee c) appear to have washed their hands of any responsibility for this error.

I have substantially more funds in Dash (over 100 Dash). I am not currently disposed to commit any of those fund to the Jaxx wallet until this problem is resolved because I fear the same thing will happen again.

Thank you so much for reading this far. If there is anything you can do to help, I would greatly appreciate it. I think that the rest of the Dash team should know about this.

Kind regards,

Jaxx is listed on the Dash.org website, but I have not found them to be reliable, but you would need to reach out directly to their support
team, we do not have any means of contacting them ourselves, as far as your Dash, I hope you have that on a hardware wallet, I would not
trust any multicoin wallet with more than I would trust a mobile wallet.

If you are going to trust a multicoin wallet with any funds, I would use Exodus, I use it myself, but larger amounts either go into
a coin's core wallet or a hardware wallet for me.

+ transaction fee is propably more bitcoin related than Jaxx i imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back