• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help getting started please

gravitate

So I have read a bit about Darkcoin and cashed in some BTC in order to get 1000. I am using the latest mac wallet. What do I do next? I want to send anonymously obviously and also is there some kind of POS? I am really terrible when it comes to denominations so please talk to me like a baby. Thanks!

Are you trying to setup a masternode or are you simply interested in mixing your 1,000 Dash? If it is the former, check out https://node40.com. We can get you up and running with a masternode in a matter of minutes.

You're quick guys ;)
Yes I would suggest to check TaoOfSatoshis guide or simpler to use one of the pro services you can find that @wiki. @tunhfa can you put a link there as I'm @ work now. Thnx.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if those services hold your 1000 Dash or if you hold them in your own wallet but I'd imagine its the latter and if you're not familiar with securing cryptos that's an awful lot to risk, if you're in any doubt I'd strongly suggest reading up on it before moving those D's onto your PC. The procedures for Bitcoin are the same and there's a link below but you can't be too careful and if you're in any doubts its better to continue researching until you're confident all is backed up and secure.

https://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Just reading up on the node hosting:
Single-owner Remote-start
You supply and hold your 1,000 Dash. Node40 manages the remote masternode and we notify you if a remote-start is needed. Login or register now and you can use our Masternode Setup Wizard BETA to commission a node in a matter of minutes.

This means that I don't risk losing my coins unless I lose my private keys by myself?

Just reading up on the node hosting:
Single-owner Remote-start
You supply and hold your 1,000 Dash. Node40 manages the remote masternode and we notify you if a remote-start is needed. Login or register now and you can use our Masternode Setup Wizard BETA to commission a node in a matter of minutes.

This means that I don't risk losing my coins unless I lose my private keys by myself?

Yes, or your PC gets hacked etc. It sounds like the coins stay in your control and you just do the 1000 coin transaction to yourself and provide a few details from the client. You've used cryptos before?

Yes, the coins stay in your control.

They masternode wizard creates you .conf file: you stick that in your wallet folder, run "masternode start-many" and you're good to go.

Pablo.

Yes, the coins stay in your control.

They masternode wizard creates you .conf file: you stick that in your wallet folder, run "masternode start-many" and you're good to go.

Pablo.

We don't hold your Dash. It remains in your control.

I should also note that Node40 is my full-time gig and it's more than just me working there. I'm generally around to answer questions in real time so feel free to DM me with specific questions.

Yes, or your PC gets hacked etc. It sounds like the coins stay in your control and you just do the 1000 coin transaction to yourself and provide a few details from the client. You've used cryptos before?
Yes for a while now. I know how to back up etc Having to keep the wallet un locked is a little bit worrying though. Do you have to keep the wallet running 24/7?

Yes for a while now. I know how to back up etc Having to keep the wallet un locked is a little bit worrying though. Do you have to keep the wallet running 24/7?

After you issue the remote start, you can shut down your wallet. No need to keep it running.

gravitate I would recommend you to use the service like node40.com as there is some work to be done on the remote side.
The remote side keeps working 7/24 so once you start the command: masternode start-many your_password (for the wallet on your PC) you simply can wait another 10 seconds and close your local client and take out of your PC the file wallet.dat which has your 1000 coins.....

From time to time when there are some updates on the level of protocol change you`ll need to load the wallet on your PC, update your local wallet by downloading the actual client from official site - do not use links from other pages - and hit again the same command to start the masternode. Often there are some updates you do not have to do as the update will be done by the service.

Once you do that, all the work is being made on the HOT wallet which is driven on the server worked by the service like node40.com

You keep your coins, if the service ask you for 1000 coins, well, consider it triple times before sending them. Different thing is when you do not have 1000 and want to partecipate in pooling masternode service like node40.com offer or so do I too - check my signature.

Ufff hope it helps and clears a lot in your mind :cool:

Cheers.

splawik21

Last edited by a moderator:
Back