• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

hello everyone

broeckie27

Hello everyone,
I m new to Dash and i have a few questions about the blockchain in Dash.
Google is my friend but it gives me so many different answers... starting from 2 GIG to 400 GIG hahaha
My question 1 :
What is the maximum size for the blockchain in Dash?
I have another 120 gig of space left in not sufficient i will have to find an alternative wallet.
Question 2 : What is a good software wallet that can maintain different kind of altcoin (including Dash) all together? Is Electrum the way to go for this or is Exodus a good alternative? Exodus looks like a really kewl toool. Anyone experience with this? I m new so i can t add links
Question 3 :
Does dash have an online blockchain to check transactions?
Last but not least : Have a great evening everyone
Happy to be here

The hard drive space requirements will increase slowly over time as more blocks of transactions are added, but right now, my dash folder is at 2.65GB. I have around 120GB free at the moment as well and I'm not the slightest bit worried about it.

yes dash has an "online blockchain" = open nlockchain
check the block explorers

blockchain size is posted above 2.5 GB i believe

exodus is great - no full blockchain needed

happy weekend

edit
electrum got pulled for now - having problems

Hello everyone,
I m new to Dash and i have a few questions about the blockchain in Dash.
Google is my friend but it gives me so many different answers... starting from 2 GIG to 400 GIG hahaha
My question 1 :
What is the maximum size for the blockchain in Dash?
I have another 120 gig of space left in not sufficient i will have to find an alternative wallet.
Question 2 : What is a good software wallet that can maintain different kind of altcoin (including Dash) all together? Is Electrum the way to go for this or is Exodus a good alternative? Exodus looks like a really kewl toool. Anyone experience with this? I m new so i can t add links
Question 3 :
Does dash have an online blockchain to check transactions?
Last but not least : Have a great evening everyone
Happy to be here

Hi :) There is no maximum block chain size, it will grow indefinitely, or until there is a solution, such as trimming to remove irrelevant info - say after 10 years or so? The nice thing is that Dash will have decentralized access to the blockchain, so users won't have to keep a copy on their computers or devices, yet won't have to trust a centralized service. The future Evolution wallet will allow for this. So basically, anybody who doesn't want to run a node/masternode will need to trade off security for ease of use / lightness of use until Evolution is rolled out.

I only know of "lite" wallets that combine different coins. Jaxx is probably the most popular. You can run it on your phone. I'm not familiar with Exodus??

Online blockchains are provided by the wallet service provider, such as Jaxx or probably Exodus? This is where you have to tap into a centralized service. It's a necessary evil for any coin ATM (you couldn't run any wallet on your phone otherwise) but like I said above, Dash will eventually have access to the network via Masternodes directly and in a random decentralized, trustless way. I find this very exciting!

Hi, everybody here
Thanks very much for the feedback.
True it is very exciting....I agree .... I installed Exodus a few days ago but i have no value in it. It looks very kewl but i don t trust it for longterm.

Back