• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HaveOneOn.Me Pre + Budget proposal v.1

Do you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure, but sounds good for DASH.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EazyDay

HaveOnOn.Me, was originally conceived as a single purpose drink gifting app. Now it can be much more please comment?

Value proposition:

HaveOneOn.Me gives friends and family the way to gift an experience for life's occasions. We provide a mobile application [ powered by DASH] for you to send drinks and food, to anyone, anywhere, to celebrate, reward, invite or apologize. However, this value proposition failed and has many casualties. Can you figure out why?

HaveOneOn.Me is on the shelf because I felt we were too early in the market. The technology was not mature enough to allow for business models that would work that actually solve a problem I felt. Two notable competing companies have already failed or had to pivot?
  • gratafy . com
  • flowtab . com
The casualty list is extensive. I think a few had a solution that was still looking for a problem and others were looking to solve a problem that did not really exist? I found problems to solve but none the less, something was missing as evidenced by the causality rate of others with similar business models? How did they create false positives during validation and then fail? Also, the largest friction point or barrier to entry was and still is VISA/Mastercard and POS systems, until now maybe? Is evolution the answer?

Problems:
  1. The maintenance of modern relationships in a digitally connected (social media) but yet geographically dispersed world? State department/DOD and also a growing number of expats is 1M+ plus customers.
  2. Buying Liquor online is currently illegal except locally. Can we protect local tax revenue using geofencing? Details about discussions with Illinois and Massachusetts ABC authorities were positive in nature with some skepticism.
  3. How can we indemnify a company against the abuses of their employees when dealing with alcohol? For example can we restrict redemption on location, time of day, brand, or all three?
More questions:
  1. As a community, can we solve the VISA friction with DASH Evolution?
  2. Can we solve the POS integration that Bars/Restaurants/Hotels use?
  3. should this be white label platform compete with Sticky Streety gift card software, the 800lb gorilla in the room?
  4. Or should we be thinking about something like Incent the blockchain loyalty platform powered only powered by DASH?

1. Someone sent that screenshot from twitter to my sister, the idea is still in the public consciousness.
  2. screenshot - a very early prototype I made shortly after startup weekend.
  3. screenshot 2 - a different splash page that I made after going to a front end boot camp.

Attachments

• IMG_1536.PNG
    IMG_1536.PNG
    229.8 KB · Views: 94
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 93
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 92
Do you not need the bars/restaurants/hotels to first accept Dash as a form of payment before this is even an option?
Why would you need another app to send money?
The HaveOneOn.Me could serve better as a Directory of Bars that accept Dash as payment and maybe even intergrade a check-in, ordering option and checkout in the app.
You could eliminate the waiting for waitress to come around for ordering and refills and paying the bill. Call it simply "Drinks in a Dash" in the end Dash is what we are promoting right.
There a POS called Revel that has PayPal integrated in where you can check in and pay all through a app. Why not Dash instead?

• Do you not need the bars/restaurants/hotels to first accept Dash as a form of payment before this is even an option?
Yes and No, depends the app would have wallet functions in it, namely a fiat pair depending on your locale. For example usd/dash or chf/dash, dash is the global rails with instant send turned on by default.
  • Why would you need another app to send money?
We are not sending money I am buying you a drink, dinner, of a Jamba Juice smoothie. It is a smart contract that has various inputs.
  • The HaveOneOn.Me could serve better as a Directory of Bars that accept Dash as payment and maybe even intergrade a check-in, ordering option and checkout in the app.
It would have directory functions similar to groupon but with some tweaks.
  • There a POS called Revel that has PayPal integrated in where you can check in and pay all through a app. Why not Dash instead?
The Revel team would hopefully integrate DASH as an to their ecosystem they do function as a payment gateway, that would function outside of our app. However, we would publish our app for merchants in the Revel store for download and/or our smart contract only executes in dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back