• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Have questions for Amanda B. Johnson? Send 'em over for inclusion in a future episode!

trust_thyself

At the end of the last DASH: Detailed episode, Soft/Hard Forks vs. 'Sporks': Evan Duffield Explains How Dash is Different, I outlined my idea for a future episode titled, "Ask A.B.J", that'd feature questions posed to host Amanda B. Johnson about Dash or cryptocurrency.

If you have questions for Amanda, send 'em my way: [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

[my pitch starts at 33:31 in the video below if you care to view]

Always good to see Amanda with Evan, and it was a small surprise to see you at the end of the vid ! :)

I would like to ask if Amanda could add yet another word to the verbotten list... cheat

Evan gets a whack-a-mole for using that word around the project... I think I would have edited it out ? Bleep ?

Some people will take such a word and run with it, to the extreme... there are examples from devs of other coins...

Do you conduct such interviews from a schedule of 'talking points' or will they all be unexpected ?

Best
rc

Rusty, thanks for sharing your questions -- I'll ask them of Amanda when we record the "Ask A.B.J." episode in the near future.

I agree with your sentiment -- the use of the word "cheat" could carry with it some baggage. It may be an easy go-to for folks who try to critique Dash, but for those intellectually honest, Evan's meaning -- that this bit of code deftness allows them to accomplish an otherwise complex task, is easy to glean. That's not to discount the importance of language but I don't foresee Dash devs doing lots of interviews boasting about their ability to "cheat" -- I think Evan just found that a useful word at the time.

Be well.

Instead of asking amanda, why dont you ask someone who writes code?
Amanda is an actor, a media person, and her answers are meaningless because she is unable to turn her words and her thoughts into something real that can run in a computer.

Back