• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Has anyone ordered miners from pinidea.io?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Smith

Hi guys. I'd like to ask if anybody has ordered miners from pinidea.io. Are they a reputable company? Has anyone experienced any problem with their purchase? How reliable are the miners? TIA.

Hi,

I have ordered yes. Seems ok so far - but I am concerned since I read a few things about scams - but then, there seem to be a lot of panicky people who shout scam and then the kit arrives. So I paid yesterday and they previously told me 10 September delivery. Waiting patiently - I will surely let everyone know my experiences.

Hi,

I have ordered yes. Seems ok so far - but I am concerned since I read a few things about scams - but then, there seem to be a lot of panicky people who shout scam and then the kit arrives. So I paid yesterday and they previously told me 10 September delivery. Waiting patiently - I will surely let everyone know my experiences.

Thank you for the feedback. Did you get the buy 5 get 1 free deal? Did you pay with BTC or Dash? Per their web site. they prefer Dash, saying that BTC order can take a long time to be confirmed, which might lead to order cancellation.

I am also concerned about the quality of the miners. According to their terms and conditions, they basically do not offer any kind of warranty. and whatever happens to your order once it's shipped is none of their responsibilities. Bitmain at least offers a 180-day warranty for their D3. An order is worth over 9 BTC at a minimum, which seems to be a big risk. I just want to find out if any people here in this forum can share their actual purchase experience in the past before I plunk down 9-10 BTC.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback. Did you get the buy 5 get 1 free deal? Did you pay with BTC or Dash? Per their web site. they prefer Dash, saying that BTC order can take a long time to be confirmed, which might lead to order cancellation.

I am also concerned about the quality of the miners. According to their terms and conditions, they basically do not offer any kind of warranty. and whatever happens to your order once it's shipped is none of their responsibilities. Bitmain at least offers a 180-day warranty for their D3. An order is worth over 9 BTC at a minimum, which seems to be a big risk. I just want to find out if any people here in this forum can share their actual purchase experience in the past before I plunk down 9-10 BTC.

Yes - that is what I ordered. Chatted to a chap called Alex Li over there and arranged to pay BTC. Paying in Dash was another step - my order is now listed as processing and appears to have been accepted as paid. But your question is do I spend the cash!? So on the one hand you could lose out and they sell out, on the other it is a big amount of money to spend in one go. I have not heard from them since I arranged payment which is un-nerving to say the least. I can't say if you should or should not buy because it is the risk we take to get the newest kit. I missed out twice on the D3s from Antminer so I took a risk - I hope it pans out.

I did read that the original D1's were not very well made but that the guys at Pinidea were really helpful in getting it up and running so that gave me some faith, and I also read that somebody (on this forum) shouted Scam and then later retracted it because it was Chinese New Year and the order was delayed.

So..... I will try to keep people up to date - if it is above board it is good for people to know - if not then the site should definitely be listed as dodgy!

Cheers

I ordered 2 DR3 miners back in February. Both miners have had no issues and have been running continuously for nearly 7 months now. I also have DR100's on order, paid in BTC and had the same experience as teknick described.

Thank you for your input. Did you get the buy 5 get 1 free deal? I assume your DR3 order was shipped from China. Which carrier did they use? Did you have to deal customs and duties? I have never ordered any miners from China so I am very unfamiliar with the whole process and feel a bit nervous about the prospect of dealing with customs. I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys can share your whole shopping experience with pinidea.io. By the way, do they offer any kind of warranty with your DR3 or are you on your own once they ship them out. Thanks again.

Thank you for your input. Did you get the buy 5 get 1 free deal? I assume your DR3 order was shipped from China. Which carrier did they use? Did you have to deal customs and duties? I have never ordered any miners from China so I am very unfamiliar with the whole process and feel a bit nervous about the prospect of dealing with customs. I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys can share your whole shopping experience with pinidea.io. By the way, do they offer any kind of warranty with your DR3 or are you on your own once they ship them out. Thanks again.

Yes, I did the buy 5 get 1 free.

The DR3 order was shipped through 4px, wich is a China e-commerce export service. The shipping carrier ended up being DHL from Nanjing,China. I did not have to do anything regarding customs/duties. I ordered on 1/31, they shipped on 2/6, I received them on 2/13. The language on the site was the same as for the dr100 saying there is no warranty. I never had any issue though, so I don't know what they would do if a miner showed up not working.

I ordered 2 DR3 miners back in February. Both miners have had no issues and have been running continuously for nearly 7 months now. I also have DR100's on order, paid in BTC and had the same experience as teknick described.

Really glad to know that you actually have some Pinidea equipment. Did you order the DR3s direct from them? What sort of instruction manual did it come with?

Really glad to know that you actually have some Pinidea equipment. Did you order the DR3s direct from them? What sort of instruction manual did it come with?
Yes, ordered direct from pinidea. There was only an online manual. Alex responded reasonably quickly to all the questions I had though. The setup was pretty simple.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, they were supposed to arrive tomorrow or monday according to my first conversation with Alex. I have been trying to get hold of them for a week now and have met with a wall of silence....

Unfortunately I think this is normal for them. There are some similar older threads where people say they can't get any response to emails or forum posts, but then just get a shipment notification and everything works out. Probably not enough people to respond to emails and get orders out the door at the same time.

Well, I am not going to shout scam and then have to retract the comment. So I am waiting patiently for the moment :)

@teknick, can you please give an update whether you have received your order and or any correspondence? I am considering placing an order as well.

Thank you,
Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back