• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HardFork Series

Hello Dash Community!

HardFork team here, we are really excited to say we have launched our proposal on Dash Central!

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASHToSponsor-PremiereBlockchainSeries

Writer/Director Doug Karr wanted to introduce himself and the proposal to you all and made a little video that you can check out here:

We have received some initial feedback that we jumped a couple steps in posting our proposal. The reason we acted swiftly is simply because time is of the essence with our project. As you know, the crypto world changes rapidly and this makes it pivotal that we get started on the HardFork Series as soon as possible.

We hope you check out our trailer, and we look forward to your comments!

Yours in the chain,
The HardFork Team

Will Dash be exclusively represented as digital currency in the series? Have you made any offers/promises to other cryptocurrencies or blockchain tech?

So far we have not made any other offers. We felt that with DASH’s fantastic marketing proposal strategy it was the perfect fit to set out on our fundraising endeavors.
As our budget is in the multi-millions we aim to bring on more than one sponsor, but what we’re offering DASH in our proposal is a premiere level sponsorship bracket.
Thanks for your question Jim!

I'd like to introduce myself as well. I'm co-creator and writer of the HardFork Series project. I'm very grateful to be here and for your consideration of our project. Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions. We're looking forward to getting to know you all better and representing Dash in the best possible way!

we’re aiming to raise 1.3 - 1.6 million USD per episode, for 6-8 episodes.

How are you fundraising? Are you offering equity? How much have you secured to date? If Dash approves this proposal, but you are less successful in other fundraising, what then? Have you secured a distribution deal? What is your distribution plan?

Hey Jim,
We have comprehensive sponsorship proposals and are also putting forward an equity participation package to interested parties. We raised some initial seed money by posting on Steemit.com, enough to film the trailer and get the ball rolling. If Dash approves this proposal, but we are less successful in other fundraising we will still create a series, but the running time of each episode will be shortened. We don’t anticipate that happening and have many connections to potential investment. We aim to raise enough money to produce the first season ourselves and then sell it to an entity like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. I licensed my feature film Art Machine to Netflix and with Christopher James Baker’s involvement, the rest of our cast, crew, and the level of writing and production values we feel strongly that we’ll secure an excellent distribution deal.

What is the reason for the time crunch?

Good afternoon, Jim

We feel that we are very well positioned, based on our experience, to tell this story and we care enough about the blockchain/cryptocurrency sector, we want this told in the right way by people who really understand it. This is a pivotal time for the sector and we feel we can be a part of educating audiences to all the potential of this incredible decentralized technology.

we care enough about the blockchain/cryptocurrency sector

But do you care about Dash? That is what you are going to have to demonstrate if you want this proposal to pass. Luckily you are early in this cycle, so you have some time. If you are serious about this, it should be the number one priority of your whole team for the next 3 weeks. You are off to a bad start, but you can pull it off if you get serious about making this proposal about moving Dash forward.

But do you care about Dash? That is what you are going to have to demonstrate if you want this proposal to pass. Luckily you are early in this cycle, so you have some time. If you are serious about this, it should be the number one priority of your whole team for the next 3 weeks. You are off to a bad start, but you can pull it off if you get serious about making this proposal about moving Dash forward.

We certainly do care about Dash and we're serious about getting this film series in front of as many eyes as possible. We are willing to demonstrate our seriousness and want to showcase DASH’s unique qualities. Although we’re new to the community, we love what we’ve seen and learned so far. We also like, and respect, the passion we've seen. We want to tap into that passion and work with it to propel the HardFork narrative.

Finaly you did make a Pre proposal what is good news and makeing a step in the right direktion. Some thing i wanna point out, as one
of the Masternode Owners we are a DAO and for that we are living in different parts of the world and not everyone got english as his first language. so sayed you also need to do a Q&A or, and interview stiyle Video.
as for now i just see s sponsership for your series and not realy a benefit for the DASH network. but you still got time do convince me.
Cheers from Austria/Europe

Hey Schnuppdog,
Thanks so much for your comments and for helping to guide us in the right direction with our proposal! I'd be happy to do a Q&A video.
Do you want to write some questions here and we'll get to filming?
Thanks!
Doug

Back