• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GUI tool for running Masternode with Trezor

As you probably know, migration to v12.2 has already begun.
DMT is prepared for it, but there is a small nuance: "start masternode" message format requires passing the masternode's current protocol version into it. In the current DMT version (0.9.12) this value is taken from the RPC node DMT is connected to, not from the masternode. So, if you are going to send the "start masternode" message, you have to connect to a RPC node based on the same version as your masternode.

If you are going to start your v12.2 masternode with DMT you don't need to do anything unless you changed the default configuration, which should look as below:
upload_2017-11-8_9-54-51.png

Note: node "alice" will be skipped while connecting from DMT, as it currently runs v12.1 (it has public RPC port changed to invalidate that particular connection).

Those of you, who for some reason want to start old (v12.1) masternode with DMT+public RPC cfg, have to change the configuration to look like this:
upload_2017-11-8_9-55-47.png

In short: disable "luna" and "test" nodes and change "alice's" RPC port to 8081

Next DMT version (which I plan to release today) reads protocol version from the user's masternode, not from RPC node.

Last edited:
DashMasternodeTool v0.9.13 released
  • Full support for Ledger Nano S hardware wallets (including earnings transfer)
  • Consider the masternode protocol version when sending the 'start masternode' message
  • Fix: 'invalid password' message for RPC over SSH connection before even asking the user for a password
  • Fix of #2: reconnect froblem for RPC over SSH connection type
  • Fix of #3: AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'replace'
Binaries: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/releases/tag/v0.9.13

Hi Bertrand,
issue starting 12.2 mn.
DMT 0.9.13 linux_x64 reports mn as protocol 70206, should be 70208.
tried via connected to local dash-qt 2.12 and alice on 8081, same result : watchdog_expired v.70206

any thoughts? thanks.

Oh, dashninja says my protocol is 70206 (not 70208) even though I updated and enabled to 12.2.

DMT status doesn't seem to show me the protocol number (or I've missed it)

Hi Bertrand,
issue starting 12.2 mn.
DMT 0.9.13 linux_x64 reports mn as protocol 70206, should be 70208.
tried via connected to local dash-qt 2.12 and alice on 8081, same result : watchdog_expired v.70206

any thoughts? thanks.

I would like to inform you and others about potential problems you may have with starting masternode using DMT 0.9.13. As I mentioned earlier, v0.9.13 reads the protocol version of your masternode from the Dash network.

The problem is that it reads this value from the RPC node to which it is connected, so if you try to start your mn just after its upgrade, that RPC node may still keep the old version of your mn, because of non-zero propagation time in the Dash network.

Therefore, to start masternode after its upgrade to v12.2 I recommend using DMT 0.9.12, that sets the protocol version to 70208 (if using the "standard" RPC configuration).
Sorry for the confusion, but I did not foresee this.

The problem is that it reads this value from the RPC node to which it is connected, so if you try to start your mn just after its upgrade, that RPC node may still keep the old version of your mn, because of non-zero propagation time in the Dash network.
Problem is temporary and will be resolved after propagation of the information on the Dash network, but I have to consider more reliable method of determining the version of the masternode protocol before next "big update" :)

On the server, dash-cli getinfo says my version is 120105 and protocolversion is 70206, why? I had done the updates and started the masternode 16 hours ago.

On the server, dash-cli getinfo says my version is 120105 and protocolversion is 70206, why? I had done the updates and started the masternode 16 hours ago.
It looks like in fact you did not have a new version. You may have unpacked the `dashd` and `dash-cli` files into the `.dashcore` subfolder as suggested one of the documents which I've seen today. Anyway, on my server both files are located above the `.dashcore` directory and node runs v12.2 as expected.

It looks like in fact you did not have a new version. You may have unpacked the `dashd` and `dash-cli` files into the `.dashcore` subfolder as suggested one of the documents which I've seen today. Anyway, on my server both files are located above the `.dashcore` directory and node runs v12.2 as expected.

Nope, dash-cli --version outputs "Dash Core RPC client version v0.12.2.0"

Yes, it's in the .dashcore directory but the version number returned from dashd and dash-cli says 12.2.0.

".dashcore/dashd (deleted)" what does that mean?
Maybe something went wrong during the upgrade. I suppose that you had `dashd` executable inside the `.dashcore` directory (as I wrote earlier) and deleted it after the execution.
I suggest you to stop the process and after making sure it's really not running, run it again, making sure, that it's located in the directory above the `.dashcore` folder.

Maybe something went wrong during the upgrade. I suppose that you had `dashd` executable inside the `.dashcore` directory (as I wrote earlier) and deleted it after the execution.
I suggest you to stop the process and after making sure it's really not running, run it again, making sure, that it's located in the directory above the `.dashcore` folder.

Okay, I killed the process and started it again and getinfo is correct now. I suspect, during the update process, dashd was re-started automatically because of my crontab. Maybe that should go into the documentation.

I went against your advice and started it from .dashcore/, I'm not sure what difference it makes.

Back