Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

GUI tool for running Masternode with Trezor

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Bertrand256, Mar 20, 2017.

1. FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian New Member

Hello again Bertrand256, as always thanks for the great product and support. I've run into a snag restarting masternode after updating. Updated dash on the server to 0.12.3.2. Updated DMT to 0.9.20. Plugged in trezor, tested connection, got status on node, hit "Start Masternode using hardware wallet". Clicked the confirm button on Trezor and DMT pops up "Trezor address signature mismatch."

Any ideas?

2. Bertrand256

Bertrand256 Active Member

Dash Address:
    XwZzf7yqYoUBnDFqE7r3zuNmpwKo1CYLMC
    First of all, check if you have no spaces or other illegal characters in the collateral address. Second thing: make sure you do not have the Trezor online wallet running when signing the start message - it happens often, that another app connected to the same device distorts the data exchanged between DMT and the hardware wallet.

If it does not help, let me know via DM.

3. Bertrand256

Dash Address:
    As tomorrow the declared 3-month period of implementation of my proposal related to the development of the DMT application will end, I wanted to reassure everyone that the work is under way. However, the number of changes that I started turned out to be too large to be closed by the end of August, which is why the proposal will be implemented until they are all finished, i.e. probably by the end of September.

The changes being implemented concern the areas most expected by users, reported to me by various channels:
    - improvements and fixes related to the payment/proposal windows
    - transaction history focusing on tax purposes
    - support for a new signature format (SPORK 6)
    - support for new functionalities provided by the Trezor One firmware version 1.6.2
    - masternode list in the main window

• Like Like x 6
  4. jeffh

jeffh Member

Keep up the good work @Bertrand256!!

Looking forward to the upcoming features. I pinged you on Discord as well to offer some help implementing the tx history for tax purposes as well, I have some code that already does this which I'm happy to share.

• Like Like x 1
  5. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

@Bertrand256

Do you have any information regarding support for Ledger Blue ? Is it in the pipeline ?

6. Bertrand256

Dash Address:
    I'm sorry, unfortunately not. Access to a physical device of this type would be needed to add the support for it, but unfortunately I do not have one.

The good news is that after migrating Dash to v0.13, using DMT will no longer be needed to start MN if collateral is controlled by the hardware wallet: https://github.com/dashpay/dips/pull/28.

• Informative Informative x 1