• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Growing local produce for dash proposal

Agorist Bishop

I am both a newcomer to crypto-currency and DASH. What interested me about Dash was the Promotional system. I believe that is advantageous for a multitude of reasons. For one it is a platform to propel its own value. Which seems quite beneficial to all who use it.

It also seems like an extremely viable option for me. My goal is to build an aquaponic farm that operates using crytpocurrecy. Aquaponic is a highly efficient farming method that can produce large quantities of high quality food. A massive system can be built in a small space (that I already have), for relatively low cost. Operational costs are minimal. I believe there would be no better a platform to spread awareness and create a market for Dash. Especially since the replication of such a farm would be relatively easy to spread to other markets.

I would love all the help I can get.

Kind of off-topic but can you see this working as a tight loop system that basically turns energy into food? In principle that's a method of exploiting ideal renewable energy sources in remote locations (ie. lakes in the Himalayas), a relatively cheap process to turn energy into something easily transported over long distances.

On topic, if you have a definite plan and the means of making it happen then imo it's well worth supporting. However, other than some good PR I don't see how it fits in with Dash, it could certainly be a good cause but its relevance to "digital cash" is debatable.

Aquaponics converts fish waste to food energy. Your only inputs are: Water(10-20% Monthly water loss due to evaporation), Power for pumps, Fish food, seedlings, and minor maintenance. The main costs are the construction. A solar system, with a well, can be built to be 100% self sustaining, if you breed the fish and grow the fish food. It is ideal for food production in remote and harsh environments(with proper construction and planning). Aquaponics is about building a balanced ecosystem.

On topic. A currency that is not practical for everyday use is not a currency. If crypto's are to be taken mainstream, they must be able to be used for the basic necessities of life on a local level. They are suppose to be peer to peer. To be able to buy groceries from your peers on a local level would be instrumental in gaining widespread use. Not being able to do so makes its value questionable and would certainly elude to the fact the current crypto environment being bubbly. I choose to believe people are taking flight from fiat and are looking for an escape route. Gold is good but very difficult to trade with in todays circumstances. Cryptos are ideal, IMHO.

Back