• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Grassroots advertising campaign (it's not what you think)

Megahashman

Just spit balling an idea:. Currently, when people start researching cryptos, dash tends to be one of the last stops on the train for most folks. We are looked at after litecoin, and even xmr at this point. I'll grant that most are pleasantly surprised by what they see with dash, but we have a problem with visibility. However the dash community is spread out. I was thinking maybe a grassroots, street team type effort. Something to get the dash image out there to lots of people. I think the money could be way better spent than an overpriced Superbowl ad. I'd like to see some proposals for small community advertising, sponsorships and stuff like that. I'm talking little league and stock car racing, county fairs and things. let's get a van with a dash banner in every small town parade we can, perhaps a whole float if you're really motivated. I think this is an effort that could get the dash brand into the hearts and minds of a large number of end users, and is something that will have a larger impact on their minds. the other cryptos I doubt could accomplish this. Let's think outside the box a bit, and get things moving. The second act of the (coinwars) is here. If we want to stay relevant and beat the competition, I think we need to have more of a physical presence.

Marketing is everything, i love that we are thinking about marketing heavily

First thing first currency is nothing unless its widely accepted , so unless something is widely accepted it obviously cant be a currency per se

right now most cryptos are focused on adding some kick ass new feature and hoping that markets would take it up just like that , the good thing about dash is we have budget allocated for marketing which is a great thing if you ask me , but we obviously cant rest on this laurel , currency is a winner takes all game.

the ten commandments for success

winner takes all in the currency game , so marketing is everything

unless you have 100 million users and 100 billion market cap , no body gives a shit about your fancy new feature

we need a solid super strong marketing team , we need a marketing team is that is 10x more powerful than the dev team right now we have marketing team is 10x weaker

the whales of dash should give up some of their wealth to hire super strong marketing , hire people from microsoft , amazon , and even amway :)

create a new separate entity for marketing and fund it heavily with monthly budgets and donations from the whales , this new entity will promote the dash evolution wallet and will pay $10 to everyone who downloads it verifty their phone number , verifies their face using facial recognition ( cough ..check humaniq) , give $5 for those who refer others , we need 100 million downloads asap like in 1 year max

once we have 100 million users all the other things will fall in place , krakens and coinbase and hell even big bitcoiners will come to us instead of other way around

masternode are essentially board of directors , what missing is executive board
Hire a CEO who is good with things , instead of fooling around without proper organisational structure and without clarity for masternodes

be scared of other coins , the day bitcoin hits 100 billion in market cap , its almost too late , so we don't have too long

why not donate million dollar per year for wikipedia, if they put pay with dash on their yearly donation donation thing, this alone would give us super super marketing coverage

decrease the payout to miners slowly and increase the payout to the marketing teams

Marketing is everything, i love that we are thinking about marketing heavily

First thing first currency is nothing unless its widely accepted , so unless something is widely accepted it obviously cant be a currency per se

right now most cryptos are focused on adding some kick ass new feature and hoping that markets would take it up just like that , the good thing about dash is we have budget allocated for marketing which is a great thing if you ask me , but we obviously cant rest on this laurel , currency is a winner takes all game.

the ten commandments for success

winner takes all in the currency game , so marketing is everything

unless you have 100 million users and 100 billion market cap , no body gives a shit about your fancy new feature

we need a solid super strong marketing team , we need a marketing team is that is 10x more powerful than the dev team right now we have marketing team is 10x weaker

the whales of dash should give up some of their wealth to hire super strong marketing , hire people from microsoft , amazon , and even amway :)

create a new separate entity for marketing and fund it heavily with monthly budgets and donations from the whales , this new entity will promote the dash evolution wallet and will pay $10 to everyone who downloads it verifty their phone number , verifies their face using facial recognition ( cough ..check humaniq) , give $5 for those who refer others , we need 100 million downloads asap like in 1 year max

once we have 100 million users all the other things will fall in place , krakens and coinbase and hell even big bitcoiners will come to us instead of other way around

masternode are essentially board of directors , what missing is executive board
Hire a CEO who is good with things , instead of fooling around without proper organisational structure and without clarity for masternodes

be scared of other coins , the day bitcoin hits 100 billion in market cap , its almost too late , so we don't have too long

why not donate million dollar per year for wikipedia, if they put pay with dash on their yearly donation donation thing, this alone would give us super super marketing coverage

decrease the payout to miners slowly and increase the payout to the marketing teams
I don't think that plan will pass, these folks are going for dao, what you are talking about is more towards centralization, and would probably be voted down, just my opinion, but you make a good point about marketing being very important.

Hold your horses! Just wait a little bit before going overkill with the marketing. We need an easily marketable product like Dash Evolution to be deployed and ready for adoption. We have a few more barriers to use/entry before things like commercials, sponsoring festivals, and more. It's close you are right, but just not yet.

Marketing vaporware is pointless. Stop worrying about the pump and worry about broken IX.

Hold your horses! Just wait a little bit before going overkill with the marketing. We need an easily marketable product like Dash Evolution to be deployed and ready for adoption. We have a few more barriers to use/entry before things like commercials, sponsoring festivals, and more. It's close you are right, but just not yet.
yes I totally agree, this could be done after evolution comes out. But couldn't something more be done to inform people of the product that will soon be available. IDk, just thinking of ways to increase visibility. Dash may be great, but nobody would know, because they've never heard if it.

I told my brother about Dash he said he googled it and there was nothing on it. And he nearly got sold on onecoin instead which is a known scam. So from that laymans pespective Dash doesnt look good. The word Dash doesnt help either because its not unique when searching. The dash reddit is also pretty poor with only a few subs would be nice if we could aquire /r/dash and do some reddit advertising just to improve there. Straight up google ads budget directing people to dash.org would be good.

I told my brother about Dash he said he googled it and there was nothing on it. And he nearly got sold on onecoin instead which is a known scam. So from that laymans pespective Dash doesnt look good. The word Dash doesnt help either because its not unique when searching. The dash reddit is also pretty poor with only a few subs would be nice if we could aquire /r/dash and do some reddit advertising just to improve there. Straight up google ads budget directing people to dash.org would be good.
Yeah that google search thing is an issue because you currently need to add search terms like "cryptocurrency", or "altcoin" and even that gets just a handful of better results.

Back