GPU + CPU Mining - still profitable?

FearEquity

Jul 9, 2016
Since the launch of ZCash, the difficulty looks to have decreased a little.
So I wanted to try and mine some dash with my GTX 970 on windows. Unfortunatelly all the links are broken.

Does anyone have a good guide to mine Dash on Windows with working links?
Also do you think it is still profitable?

Thanks

Bbrico

Nov 1, 2016
You can use: minergate v6.6
Search on google and you will find.
Easy to use.

Can't say how much prof. you will make.

FearEquity

Jul 9, 2016
Yeah, easy to use and easily a scam. I searched on google and found that, too.

Anyone else, that has an account older than one day? Thanks.

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
There is just Not a lot of enthusiasm or helpful information about mining DASH except the Baikal page and the Pineda page.
HUGE volumes of information to mine eth !
Also Monero, and recently, zcash.
rc

BobDamage

Feb 28, 2017
There is just Not a lot of enthusiasm or helpful information about mining DASH except the Baikal page and the Pineda page.
HUGE volumes of information to mine eth !
Also Monero, and recently, zcash.
rc
True Story! Is mining DASH a secret society or something? If the idea of DASH is to be used, how is there so little useful info and so little newer than 2014??

Reactions: rustycase

Al_WaySlate

Feb 6, 2017
Cpu-Mining: Is it profitable...probably not (anymore) ...I dunno about GPU -mining. I tried it, but my Geforce780 just gets to hot to quickly in my iMac.....and I don’t like to fry it...
Minergate software won’t let you mine Dash btw....

For Cpu-mining I’d suggest running on Linux (seems I get better hash rate), and play around with the some different mining software. But don’t expect profit from it, unless you have a lot cpu’s you can cook.

Sometimes I use Miningrigrentals.com: Basically you can rent a miner for a specific algorithm and point it at a pool of your choice. The hardware is owned by users, not the site-owners. If there are issues, you can get refund etc, they have their own pool too but I never use it.
But for mining Dash it is not profitable either or you should find a person offering his gear for an extended amount of time at a low low (probably a typo) price.

Hate to say that in a Decentralized Crypto-world the mining is centralized by the peeps that could afford it, before there even was cryptocurrency...(Real world cliche: the rich get richer, the poor.......blablablabla...)

BUT:

You can however mine some shitcoin for a while, go to exchange site, wait for a whale to pump that not-so-useless-coin to higher regions....surf the wave! Get out of the tube BEFORE the whale makes a dump and dives back to the depths of the crypto-ocean.
By that I mean: Sell those coins for a high price before they get even more useless

With the PROFIT you made >>> BUY DASH or whatever coin you like!!! (Notice how I used the word “profit” without a negative word in front of it :p)

This probably is not a lot of help, but at least you got some sort of an answer. If you can afford it, buy a Baikal miner or some other piece of hardware....dunno what all the brands are......

...Good Luck...

Last edited:
Reactions: rustycase

FMTDASH

Mar 1, 2017
SO what's the most efficient GPU card to mine with? And how much more efficient are the ASICs in comparison

Al_WaySlate

Feb 6, 2017
Here is a hardware comparison list for mining.
I believe there is another one of these more all-round on the net somewhere...
It also has some more info on optimized settings and such....but that kinda depends on your entire configuration,
cause when I tried the one for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GDDR 5, computer said: “no”...

:)