• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Getting a window alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiane

I just had a break-in in my home a few days back. It was a Saturday, the house was pretty empty except for me. Everybody else went out. I was just too lazy to go out so I decided to have a quiet weekend at home. The burglar thinking that the house was empty broke in by smashing the front room windows. After scurrying about the living room for awhile he noticed me sitting frozen on the dining room chair(I was having breakfast). Thankfully he took off at that point without taking anything. I believe he was a novice in this sort of thing. The window was smashed and I had to get it replaced and have a film over it to reinforce the glass. We are thinking of getting this done to all the windows. While doing a bit of research online I came across a blog ( http://cspalarms.ca/blog/windows-break-ins/tips-to-prevent-break-ins-through-your-windows/ ) that mentioned getting a window alarm. I did shortlist some online like stalwart and GE but I am not sure whether they are good enough.Has anybody ever installed them before? Are they efficient and worth the price? Any suggestions on this would be great.

aiahhh
get a big f..xxing DOG !

no idea about alarms - sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back