• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"General" just about covers it.

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
Just reading on Bloomberg, quote from IMF head Christine Lagarde "“Virtual currencies and their underlying technologies can provide faster and cheaper financial services, and can become a powerful tool for deepening financial inclusion in the developing world,”

Nice to know she actually acknowledges this finally but:

"The challenge will be how to reap all these benefits and at the same time prevent illegal uses, such as money laundering, terror financing, fraud and even circumvention of capital controls.”

I say, how 'bout you not? It's not helping, and it's certainly hurting; all your interference. The IMF, because they control money so much, wants to control every aspect of life on earth, and they can't even see what they are doing, their heads are so far up their arses. This is unfortunately a belief system. Actually no different from any other gung ho over the top cult. If they can control the world, they'll make everything perfect. Yah, right.

Then further down:
“I will no longer be taking part in bitcoin development and have sold all my coins,” Mike Hearn, a high-profile developer, wrote in a post on Medium last week. Bitcoin “has failed because the community has failed.”

Suddenly in shock remembrance, reminded me of how Hitler blamed the German People for not winning the war. Don't know if this means anything, but sure rings a bell.....

Anyway, it doesn't matter so much. These are all old people and they will lose over time. Nothing to see here, move along....

Shit, I'm starting to sound like Tok, did Luke sound like Obi Wan in the last episode? Oh wait, he didn't talk, did he?

Don't know if this means anything, but sure rings a bell.....

As far as I can remember you have always sounded like you and long may that continue :wink:

As for Mrs Lagarde, if she's interested in fighting crime she's got her work cut out already with the mountain of unlaundered holdings sitting in the books of almost every mainstream bank in existence before she even gets to a bunch of bits and bytes sitting on a blockchain.

She should've stuck to synchronised swimming since she was better at it than comedy.

NBK1Hyl.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's really hard for people to understand that you can never make the world safe, secure and obedient without crushing the souls of the people. And you would still have no control, even then.

Back