• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"Frozen Transaction" using Jaxx Wallet

Amazing

Yesterday I tried to send a small amount of Dash to an address I was given by a friend through a Jaxx wallet I was holding dash.

You can find the transaction here:

This transaction has never been confirmed. You can see on the blockexplorer that there is an Unknown Hash.
I am 99% sure the address I sent to was valid. My friend has sent me a screenshot and QR code of the receiving address.

I thought maybe the transaction was frozen so I have followed this explanation here

So, when I do
getrawtransaction 7ff8a07015cb767e578809364d20b2ac06be1b9c9fd9039c6710433f50b32569
in my QT wallet I get a message that there is no information available about transaction (code -5).

Has anybody experienced a similar error, or know a solution to the problem?

and I've just tried sending to another address (this time one generated by my own QT wallet) and I am having the same issue. The block confirmation in the Jaxx wallet is listed as

@Amazing got a word from jaxx wallet devs, that's what the say:
"seems like there was a network issue, jaxx obviously tries to keep a local copy of the transaction in the cache, our settings->reset cache option will reset and resynch the tx info, at which point they can try again."

and btw "we have a good, responsive support system at jaxx.io"
so you should probably try to ask at their website if cache reset won't help for some reason.

Yesterday I tried to send a small amount of Dash to an address I was given by a friend through a Jaxx wallet I was holding dash.

This transaction has never been confirmed. You can see on the blockexplorer that there is an Unknown Hash.
I am 99% sure the address I sent to was valid. My friend has sent me a screenshot and QR code of the receiving address.

I thought maybe the transaction was frozen so I have followed this explanation here

So, when I do in my QT wallet I get a message that there is no information available about transaction (code -5).

So, when I do in my QT wallet I get a message that there is no information available about transaction (code -5).

Hey @Amazing
I asked Chris from Jaxx about this, might have been a network issue:

"seems like there was a network issue, jaxx obviously tries to keep a local copy of the transaction in the cache, our settings->reset cache option will reset and resynch the tx info, at which point they can try again."

If the hash isn't on the chain the the funds never left your wallet so must just be a generated hash that never got broadcast which is why it's 'not found' on the explorer.

If you need more support from Jaxx they have a really good support system here: https://decentral.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/202644577-Jaxx-FAQ

cheers
A

EDIT: @UdjinM6 beat me to it :)

I finally got a chance to reset the cache and then I sent the transaction again, but I get the same problem. so I guess I need to contact Jaxx support.

I finally got a chance to reset the cache and then I sent the transaction again, but I get the same problem. so I guess I need to contact Jaxx support.
Did you get sorted on this issue? Same thing happened to me today. Reset the cache now I see nothing under my Dash view.

I am having a similar issue wondering if anyone has an insight
1. shapeshifted dash to btc
2. waited about an hour and saw block confirmation #-1
3. emptied cache on jaxx wallet
4. now the shapeshift transaction is not in my history BUT the dash wallet balance reflects as if it the amt attempted to shapeshift is not in the all wallet

not sure how to proceed

I am having a similar issue wondering if anyone has an insight
1. shapeshifted dash to btc
2. waited about an hour and saw block confirmation #-1
3. emptied cache on jaxx wallet
4. now the shapeshift transaction is not in my history BUT the dash wallet balance reflects as if it the amt attempted to shapeshift is not in the all wallet

not sure how to proceed

UPDATE: updated wallet on machine and all is fixed

Back