• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Free SMUT! (Simple Masternode Update Tool)

Oh, then you followed the guide. So you aren't actually setting up a second one on windows, but rather ubuntu. Just rename your wallet.dat on local and follow the guide from the beginning again. When you get to the config part of things, name it something other than the name of the other conf file (ex, mn1.conf, mn2.conf). Then when you launch just remember to rename the appropriate wallet file back to wallet.dat and launch using the appropriate config. You could also create multiple data directories and create shortcuts using the -datadir argument. Looks like the -wallet argument will be added back in according to github.

Okay I am setting up another on my Windows pc with an Ubuntu Vultr instance, is this how I would set it up:
Create second directory: ./darkcoin2
Create Windows .bat file that resides in the original ./darkcoin folder and will force darkcoin-qt to open a new wallet in the ./darkcoin2 folder (I can just open up the original by )
Follow Tao's guide for remaining setup of MN with slight altercations to the commands to match the new ./darkcoin2 folder
Rinse and repeat for more masternodes.
When Updating: I can use this tool on my local Windows pc? Or do I just need to use Tao's updating guide?
For creating more MN: Is there an easier way?

What exactly is this -wallet argument, could you elaborate?

./darkcoin is a format on linux, not windows. Further, you need a new ip address for each masternode, you can't put a second daemon on the same ip, regardless if it is in a different folder. The wallet argument allows you to run the client specifying the name of the wallet you want to use. So you could use something like wallet2.dat and reference it in your shortcut with -wallet=C:\Darkcoin\wallet2.dat

./darkcoin is a format on linux, not windows. Further, you need a new ip address for each masternode, you can't put a second daemon on the same ip, regardless if it is in a different folder. The wallet argument allows you to run the client specifying the name of the wallet you want to use. So you could use something like wallet2.dat and reference it in your shortcut with -wallet=C:\Darkcoin\wallet2.dat
Slight correction:
-wallet option allows only wallets that reside in datadir folder
Code:
-wallet=<file>         Specify wallet file (within data directory) (default: wallet.dat)
So usage will be
Code:
-datadir=C:\Darkcoin\ -wallet=wallet2.dat
or simply
Code:
-wallet=wallet2.dat
if you use default folder and wallet2.dat is sitting there

Back