• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Frail bitcoin startup management and Perez-Cycles

Sub-Ether

I know some of us like to do amateur market analysis, and I have a sense that way too many bitcoin companies have exuberantly hit the main drag recently, resulting in some predicted epic failures and big losses along the way. To my mind, we are at the cross roads leaving the headiness of the 'frenzy' stage and rapidly entering the 'maturity' takeup phase of the 'Perez Cycle' ...

Startups
  • Don’t hype what you are doing; under-promise and over-deliver
  • Think about how you’ll get users and customers, not just how you’ll develop the technology
  • Educate and teach what you have learned to others; we need more crypto-tech developers
http://startupmanagement.org/2015/0...-ecosystem-is-frail-beware-of-the-next-crash/

The Risks of Crowd-sales

The pre-mines, pre-sales and crowd-sales are just promises to deliver. Founders get money to develop stuff. This is like a big angel/seed round, but with no strings attached and loose diligence. These crowd-sales come with promises of self-accountability and transparency, but at much lower standards of scrutiny than in a traditional venture capital process.

perez-cycles-final.png

Back