• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Forgot Masternode Passphrase

Roli

Hi guys,
I've been mining Darkcoin since the early GPU days and together with additional buying I was lucky enough to set up 3 masternodes.
This may sound insanely stupid, but I just cannot remember the passphrases for two of the masternodes (I noticed severel weeks ago, when I had to update). I remember the passphrase for the first masternode, then I am pretty sure I've used just added number to my "main passphrase" for the other masternodes.
I am running "Recoinvery", the developers added Darkcoin support recently but no luck until now.
Is there any chance, I will be able to run the masternodes without passphrase (maybe if cold wallet support is implemented?) until I get the passwords?
The wallets are on the server and I don't have an unencrypted copy of the wallet.dat file..

Thanks for any ideas!

This might not help you but ...
I always have local copies of the masternode private keys, in case of emergency I can always access my funds without needing to get into the servers.

How well have you secured your server?

Try typing in history and see what you get
also try
ps -ef | grep darkcoind

Well, I've tried these, but it seems like history is deleted after logging out from Amazon EC2 server, ps -ef | grep darkcoind is only showing the process, but not the start sequence for the masternode...

I am definitely going to have unencrypted copies of wallet.dat on a stick the next time! Just wanted to make it "extra secure"...

Since I know the exact passphrase it should be possible to bruteforce the added numbers/spaces. I am currently using a Ruby script and Recoinvery for that purpose, which is a free solution.
Walletrecoveryservices seems great, I will try them as my last resort :)

Back