• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Fighting Trolls Is Hard Work... And That's a Good Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Mason

Fighting Trolls Is Hard Work... And That's a Good Thing

Over the past many months I’ve spent countless hours on every online forum imaginable, fighting online trolls seeking to malign Dash. Let me tell you, it has rarely been fun, and has sometimes been downright exhausting and disheartening. There’s no way around it: fighting trolls is unpleasant and difficult work. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. The very nature of that struggle is why the defender will always win against the troll in the end.

Trolling is the easy way out

The very decision to employ a trolling strategy is an indicator of poor long-term viability. Why? Because it represents the easy path. Building a cryptocurrency from the ground up, creating its community member by member, is long and hard work. The choice to use trolling to malign the competition instead of beating them fair and square represents a decision to “cheat.” That mindset won’t be a winning one when the going gets rough, as it invariably will.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back