• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Fiat Gateways Project - status updates

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Hello Community,

As the Fiat Gateways project is the most important project for us at the moment, we have established a regular call with our partners from Deginner (who is our vendor here) to discuss the project status and share an update with the community.

Here is the first update from 1st June:

Internal project management issues were resolved by the Vendor. New resources were engaged; the project team is stable and works on the code.
Due to the sourcing issues, there is a significant delay in timelines. New project timelines need to be set and new plan created.
Project is stable form the budget perspective.

Deginner works on the internal accounting process to distribute and approve funds with the customer involvement (to improve transparency measures). It will be done using the multi-signature wallet.

More detailed status report is available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Fiat+Gateways

Thanks for the update -- I am a little disappointed in Deginner for the delays at least in part due to project management/resources on their side, but at least it looks like the right steps are being taken now.

"The goal of this project is to building fiat gateways for Dash."

40k and nothing to deliver, not even a Github, just delays. "There were 2 bugs in the code." Lol do you even know how software programming works? So much for an open-source pronect.

Here comes the smear campaign: A bunch of fake accounts hired by a marketing company will quote my post and apply some positive spin on it, while also claiming to have no technical expertise whatsoever . Then a week from now a mod will edit my post to take out the bad stuff.

If Dash spent half the time and money trying to build its currency as it did trying to *look* like it was building its currency, it would not be down 25% to bitcoin and ether this month

40k and nothing to deliver, not even a Github, just delays. "There were 2 bugs in the code." Lol do you even know how software programming works? So much for an open-source pronect.

Here comes the smear campaign: A bunch of fake accounts hired by a marketing company will quote my post and apply some positive spin on it, while also claiming to have no technical expertise whatsoever . Then a week from now a mod will edit my post to take out the bad stuff.

If Dash spent half the time and money trying to build its currency as it did trying to *look* like it was building its currency, it would not be down 25% to bitcoin and ether this month

40k?

Whoa nelly. Thats crazy if true...

Relax there. No need to get offensive or bent out of shape.

Do you know how engineering works? Or project management?

Things happen, and delays are a normal part of the process. I don't think I've ever worked on a project that went 100% according to plan. That's because people are involved, and the more people involved, the higher likelihood of "something" coming up. People get sick, fail to deliver, etc. Normal part of life.

And 40K is nothing compared to most corporate budgets. Delays like this happen all the time with multi-million dollar projects. Just to put things into perspective.

Yep, delays are happening. This is the fact and my role as an assisting PM is to inform about this, identify risks and mitigate them with the vendor.
I am also disappointed with the fact that these issues exist. However my role is not to make miracles but help PM with reporting and find all possible ways to get back on track with the project.

Just to give some perspective. @nmarley is right - problems always happen. During last 15 years I led more than 50 projects with different budgets and scale (from 5k USD to 45M EUR, global and local) - I guess maybe 10-15% of them were delivered without any issues (and I am considered very effective PM (not by myself but by the others)).
This is usual thing in case of any project (not only IT) - problems, issues, delays simply happen in a real world. You cannot predict them (people got sick, leave projects, have different level of expertise, machines got broken, funding can be cancelled, priorities got changed, conflicts happen, estimates could be wrong, lack of control etc - literally thousands of things) - all you can do is to minimize these risks and get project delivered.

I wonder if trying to pay fiat-handlers to incorporate Dash isn't the wrong approach? Perhaps if the network were just to release Evolution faster, fiat-handlers would begin coming to us?

Case in point -- we paid Deginner to integrate Dash with Lamassu, and nothing has happened. While Ethereum stakeholders paid nothing to Lamassu, and have been integrated for free.

Perhaps we ought to spend money on becoming layperson-friendly digital cash as quickly as possible. Then wait for the fiat-handlers to come to us. Which they will.

It would seem to me that ETH was an effective/successful scheme to buy market share.
They have done well.

Everyone must respect the gorilla in the room !

DASH growth has been evidently substantial, yet lesser market share.

I am in agreement with ED's declaration that work be done to ramp up fiat access to DASH.
How that is accomplished is up to MN vote, is it not ?

YMMV
rc

Good morning Everyone,

Yesterday we have had a status update call with Deginner. Let me share the status update with you.

Overall status.
To mitigate scope and time issues more resources are getting engaged to the project. Currently 4 developers work on fiat gateways and 3 at Lamassu. Developers are still on-boarded, nevertheless they started coding almost immediately under supervision of Ira.
Project is stable form the budget perspective, time and scope creep is being mitigated by Deginner. Dash PM cooperates in the process.
Multi-signature wallet implemented – it will be used by Deginner and Dash PMs to sings payments for the completed tasks (no payments upfront – only for the job done and approved).

Progress and Achievements Since Last Reporting Period
  • Another developer engaged to the project (currently 4 developers on Fiat Gateways and 3 at Lamassu).
  • Code tests successfully delegated to the tester.
  • Broker software is in beta testing with an exchange partner.
  • Work on high level documentation of the bid system in progress.
  • On the Lamassu part, the code is being re-worked after the firmware changes published by Lamassu (ETH addition).
Steps Planned For The Next Reporting Period
  • High level documentation of the bid system - continuation.
  • Onboarding of the new developer to the team and project.
  • Technical work to be done this week:
    • Work on sending notifications.
    • Web socket servers.
    • WebHook service publication.
  • On the Lamassu part, the code is re-worked after the firmware changes published by Lamassu.
    • Two engineers work to merge the code prepared previously by Deginner with the Lamassu new updates (code and UI parts). This should be done in a week time. Next step is testing.

The detailed report is available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Fiat+Gateways

Lol. The same typo I called out is still there. "The goal of this project is to building fiat gateways for Dash." Right on the first flipping page

Unfortunately if I went on, I'd risk sounding like a troll. So instead i'll just sell my coins. Thanks kot and Dash team for listening & responding to community sentiment

I wonder if trying to pay fiat-handlers to incorporate Dash isn't the wrong approach? Perhaps if the network were just to release Evolution faster, fiat-handlers would begin coming to us?

Case in point -- we paid Deginner to integrate Dash with Lamassu, and nothing has happened. While Ethereum stakeholders paid nothing to Lamassu, and have been integrated for free.

Perhaps we ought to spend money on becoming layperson-friendly digital cash as quickly as possible. Then wait for the fiat-handlers to come to us. Which they will.

Agree with this statement completely.. We need to get evolution out ASAP.. 2 years is an eternity.

Guys, what bothers me is that the Dash reddit hasn't been growing in subscriber count, it's super slow. On top of that that PR company that Dash hired, from the beginning i knew it was a bad idea, wasted money. That money could have been used to give new users tips to subscribe to DASH reddit, twitter, and the forum. Here is a great example of a Giveaway that increases subscriber count: https://www.slrlounge.com/ultimate-camera-giveaway/

And not only do people receive DASH they have to learn how to use it!!! Where to buy on the internet things with their DASH, how to get a soda, etc. Show them that they can see money for free to anyone in the world in seconds.

Guys, what bothers me is that the Dash reddit hasn't been growing in subscriber count, it's super slow. On top of that that PR company that Dash hired, from the beginning i knew it was a bad idea, wasted money. That money could have been used to give new users tips to subscribe to DASH reddit, twitter, and the forum. Here is a great example of a Giveaway that increases subscriber count: https://www.slrlounge.com/ultimate-camera-giveaway/

And imagine how many more subscribers one would get if we would be giving Mercedes-Benz S-Class away, not only cameras :)

That gimmicky approach you're suggesting "That money could have been used to give new users tips to subscribe to DASH reddit, twitter, and the forum," is beyond ridiculous; like paying for the people to "protest" on a political rally and claiming they are real and will support your cause for years to come.

No need to "give away" a $5,999.00 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR camera to get irrelevant "followers;" I can get us 1,500 Reddit subscribers for €21.93 or 15,000 for €219.30 or 150,000 Reddit subscribers for €2,193.00 (minus bulk discount) and have as many irrelevant followers / subscribers / likes / tweets / forum members / mentions / links as anyone's heart wishes.

If you want gimmicks, just tell us.

And imagine how many more subscribers one would get if we would be giving Mercedes-Benz S-Class away, not only cameras :)

That gimmicky approach you're suggesting "That money could have been used to give new users tips to subscribe to DASH reddit, twitter, and the forum," is beyond ridiculous; like paying for the people to "protest" on a political rally and claiming they are real and will support your cause for years to come.

No need to "give away" a $5,999.00 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR camera to get irrelevant "followers;" I can get us 1,500 Reddit subscribers for €21.93 or 15,000 for €219.30 or 150,000 Reddit subscribers for €2,193.00 (minus bulk discount) and have as many irrelevant followers / subscribers / likes / tweets / forum members / mentions / links as anyone's heart wishes.

No you can't get that, those are mostly bots, if you want real people, you need to give them a few cent tips or $1, that is the only way to grow fast. Circle.com is good example, they gave away $5 worth of Bitcoin for newcomers at their events and online on their twitter for people that signup to their site.

This is getting a bit off topic, but rather than tips to a lot of people, doing things like occasional giveaways (where winners are selected randomly out of the entrants) can help raise decent awareness to a target audience at relatively low cost. Like if we gave away a couple trezors to coincide with a narrative about new trezor support for masternodes. It would attract interest from dashers and bitcoiners alike. A little gimmicky but just a thought -

I'm tempted to make koampapapa an offer and bid them an overdue farewell but what's the community etiquette here? Is it wise to buy whinger Dash?

Good morning Everyone,

Yesterday we have had a status update call with Deginner. Let me share the status update with you.

Overall status.
To mitigate scope and time issues more resources are getting engaged to the project. Currently 4 developers work on fiat gateways and 3 at Lamassu. Developers are still on-boarded, nevertheless they started coding almost immediately under supervision of Ira.
Project is stable form the budget perspective, time and scope creep is being mitigated by Deginner. Dash PM cooperates in the process.
Multi-signature wallet implemented – it will be used by Deginner and Dash PMs to sings payments for the completed tasks (no payments upfront – only for the job done and approved).

Progress and Achievements Since Last Reporting Period
  • Another developer engaged to the project (currently 4 developers on Fiat Gateways and 3 at Lamassu).
  • Code tests successfully delegated to the tester.
  • Broker software is in beta testing with an exchange partner.
  • Work on high level documentation of the bid system in progress.
  • On the Lamassu part, the code is being re-worked after the firmware changes published by Lamassu (ETH addition).
Steps Planned For The Next Reporting Period
  • High level documentation of the bid system - continuation.
  • Onboarding of the new developer to the team and project.
  • Technical work to be done this week:
    • Work on sending notifications.
    • Web socket servers.
    • WebHook service publication.
  • On the Lamassu part, the code is re-worked after the firmware changes published by Lamassu.
    • Two engineers work to merge the code prepared previously by Deginner with the Lamassu new updates (code and UI parts). This should be done in a week time. Next step is testing.

The detailed report is available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Fiat+Gateways

dam you are the B E S T report(er) I know :rolleyes:

lol
please no more 21 US$ for 1509 followers BS
I am breaking my fingers these days to clean that old mess up :D

Back