• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Few questions about Dash and crypto in general

DynhoJ

Hey all,

I´ve been seen bitcoin like 4 or 5 years ago and kept an eye on it sometimes, but lately with all this new information around and impact it´s having these so called crypto's, which with quantum computers I feel dangerous, although other than that i got many other questions and i think Dash is perhaps a good path although lately I wonder and i think only one crypto is too risky to have worldwide, everything has 0days and if you put savings of people in something that can phisically disappear into thin air, I'm not saying i would ever but some people might and this is a very great tool but one that must not have flaws to sustain itself and bitcoin has so many hassles but it will probly stay for a long time since it will probly even be like the usd to euro and etc.. to other crypto's. Another thing i notice is all cryptos have poor marketeers no facebook work no google nr1 search page work no nothing and most crypto people on youtube dont really understand the average consumer i think they consider them too dumb honestly and its that consumer that will fuel a great technology like this to thriive but they are taken lightly in my perspective, the only thing im worried with dash is no airgap or atleast I didint read anything pointing towards it beside Wall of coins which uses it but then i wonder this Cold storage has to be centralised , also kraken has armed guys and stuff they say xD well any way my thoughts on this is atleast a trezor per user is mandatory or something alike I have noticed tresor has more options then other market ones but the fact that it uses usb worry's me also I think if Public could be asked to print a hard copy of a 3 hour period or somehing so gradually we would have a phisical decentralised database kept by users. incase a hack or something happpens, also why is dash more secure than bitcon? and why not use asics crippling the network maybe?

Greetings and pleasure
DynhoJ

I wouldn't say Dash is more secure than Bitcoin. I would say Dash is arguably as secure as Bitcoin (our network is nearly as large, and the difference is minuscule) Based on the intel we have right now, which may not be true, Quantum computers can't solve cryptographic problems that well yet. I assume they will, but we have a little time. The problem is, any new algorithm created will need time to be tested, and there might be back doors, etc...?? Who knows. But this is a problem the whole world faces right now. Everything is secured with encryption.

The good news with Dash is that we are the only project that is self funding (or the first, some people have cloned Dash as I understand??) anyway, Dash has the ability to take care of this as soon as a solution is found. There is a risk to all of this, but it's no different from the current Banking industry, because they also secure everyone's accounts with cryptography. It's a danger to almost every technology using product out there. That being the case, I feel secure in the thought that cryptographers are working on a solution and have access to current QCs via big industry, universities and government and the solution, when available, will be integrated into Dash.

I think crypto's cant reach the market until one crypto steps up and finds a way to make sure that there is a paper trail.air gapped copys every 24 hours, educate users in a way to not bet everything in crypto's since if one fails they loose everything, making it easy to introduce in merchants+users and giving them benefits i mean if you dont go explicitly telling the law like taxes have to be paid etc... because people say free decentralised but if it was freee tehre would be no % fee's ... because for some1 to earn money ofcourse they must be applied but then if you have to pay tax whats your minimum fee? almost the same or higher than the bank?

I think crypto's cant reach the market until one crypto steps up and finds a way to make sure that there is a paper trail.air gapped copys every 24 hours, educate users in a way to not bet everything in crypto's since if one fails they loose everything, making it easy to introduce in merchants+users and giving them benefits i mean if you dont go explicitly telling the law like taxes have to be paid etc... because people say free decentralised but if it was freee tehre would be no % fee's ... because for some1 to earn money ofcourse they must be applied but then if you have to pay tax whats your minimum fee? almost the same or higher than the bank?

Research for something along those lines was funded a while back and there will likely be more as need arises:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/legal-research-marco-santori-cooley-llp.12691/

The warnings on the dangers in cryptocurrency are repeated endlessly both by the community and by projects but it never seems to be enough, the legacy financial system wraps us up in an awful lot of cotton wool to protect us from ourselves (and make a profit in the bargain) and it's a big change of thinking when that cotton wool is taken away. Needles to say, the warning will need to be repeated a lot more before they're common knowledge.

Back