• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Feature-request: Add tx index by default, allow ElectrumX RPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technologov

Hello,

Today a server guy needs to install Linux, then Dash Core node, then configure txindex=1 , then Install ElectrumX to allow any light wallet Electrum users to connect.

I would recommend to save the last 2 steps:

*. Ship Dash Core software with tx index enabled by default. This is required for SPV wallets, so that they can quickly get account balance by address.

*. Add the necessary RPC calls, so that Electrum software (and other SPV wallets) could connect to any Dash node directly by default (bypassing ElectrumX layer on top).

*. This will slightly increase local disk usage, but will make the whole network more censorship resistant, even for (SPV) light wallet users.

What do you think?

-Technologov

While dissing ElectrumX would make my life easier, I don't think this is a good move from architecture viewpoint. In this case, having an extra layer with the explicit goal to provide interface for Electrum wallet is good.

For example, we can introduce changes in ElectrumX w/o core team efforts.

Today a server guy needs to install Linux, then Dash Core node, then configure txindex=1 , then Install ElectrumX to allow any light wallet Electrum users to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back