• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evolution Security

mrearthbound

Hello,

I've seen the videos where Amanda says that Evolution is going to be like PayPal, as in, the user will only need a user name and password. And that you'd be able to access your account and send funds from multiple devices.

How do these credentials relate to the public and private key of a regular Dash wallet? I'd assume that the credentials would be stored in somewhere in the network (hot wallet), and therefore, have my keys stored in the network or a server (MasterNode?) somewhere, as opposed to having them with me. How secure is this?

Slightly unrelated, I know that Apple has given Dash a hard time by not letting basically any wallet into the App Store. Do you see Evolution having the same challenges? What's being done to solve the App Store issue?

Hello,
How do these credentials relate to the public and private key of a regular Dash wallet? I'd assume that the credentials would be stored in somewhere in the network (hot wallet), and therefore, have my keys stored in the network or a server (MasterNode?) somewhere, as opposed to having them with me. How secure is this?
Hehe, storing on the network? That would be highly unsecure. No private keys will ever leave your wallet (client side). The credentials do relate to the public and private key of a regular Dash wallet, but are hierarchical deterministic. Look into BIP32, BIP44 and BIP39.

Back