• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evolution Marketing Campaign

Marketing is essential to make the general public aware of what dash has to offer.

My understanding is that a significant marketing campaign will accompany the release of evolution and work has already commenced.

I have no doubt all will be revealed in time. Patience.

Evolution is currently an unfulfilled promise and nothing more. When the promise is fulfilled (or at least in alpha), then perhaps advertising would be an appropriate use of funds. Until then it is premature and irresponsible (pumping) to expend funds on advertising.
I'm relatively new to Dash, so I'm wondering... Why do you say this? Has the Core team not met their scheduled deliveries in the past? According to the roadmap below, Evolution will be released January 2018. Also I've heard people mention this summer, but have no idea where they got that info.

https://github.com/dashpay/dash-roadmap

Depending on what kind of marketing/advertising is being planned for, wouldn't it be better to start preparing early? After all, we only have a finite budget each month. What if, for instance, we wanted to prepare for a Super Bowl commercial. We would need to start a fund early for this to cover the costs...

I'm relatively new to Dash, so I'm wondering... Why do you say this?
It reflects reality.
Depending on what kind of marketing/advertising is being planned for
There's nothing to sell. So babbling about marketing & advertising is only done for nefarious reasons.
What if, for instance, we wanted to prepare for a Super Bowl commercial. We would need to start a fund early for this to cover the costs...
Trolls always want us to throw dash around like it's worth nothing.

Why do you say this? Has the Core team not met their scheduled deliveries in the past?

I am very confident that the Core Team will fulfill the promise of Evolution on time. I just meant to say that it is a promise not-yet-fulfilled.

We're all here, I hope, because we're interested in seeing Dash do well.
Raising issues which are already being dealt with in secret ("all will be revealed in time") is just showing that interest.
We can't all be ahead of the curve; someone has to be first with any idea.
The patience is required by those already in the know towards those that are not.

Marketing is essential to make the general public aware of what dash has to offer.

My understanding is that a significant marketing campaign will accompany the release of evolution and work has already commenced.

I have no doubt all will be revealed in time. Patience.

This "The patience is required by those already in the know towards those that are not." also applies to those who were early birds to the MN worm towards those, through no fault of their own, were not.

There is Dash to promote.
I, for one, think that planning ahead, maybe including building a war chest as suggested, is not automatically a frivolous waste of Dash.
Why so touchy about this?

We're here to get involved in the community, aren't we?
So why complain when people do just that?

It reflects reality.

There's nothing to sell. So babbling about marketing & advertising is only done for nefarious reasons.

Trolls always want us to throw dash around like it's worth nothing.

There is Dash to promote.
I, for one, think that planning ahead, maybe including building a war chest as suggested, is not automatically a frivolous waste of Dash.
Why so touchy about this?

We're here to get involved in the community, aren't we?
So why complain when people do just that?

I concur. I think not spending money that could be used to promote the currency, in this raging crypto gold rush time, is practically suicidal. It's not like our circulation entry rate is going to go all compound interest or something just because we spend all of our 10% every month. Of course we still need to be smart aboot it, which is why I'm very glad to see the work Biltong and others are doing to improve our spending decision making process.

Have a look at existing proposals - in the Proposal thread and once you get an idea what you would like to do/offer go and check how to put in a proposal yourself
https://goo.gl/RgIlEq How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal

Back