• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evil masternode protection/detection

Comodore

How is the network protected from evil masternodes?
Besides the need for collateral, which I agree is good mechanism. Yet there are probably more mechanisms preventing this.

Evil masternode definition:
Every masternode that does not do something it is supossed to do or is intentionaly programed to do things diferently, that does e.g. log something it is not supposed to do, that does create bad superblocks etc. In Evolution there will be more importance to this issue.

You can't really stop MNs from logging things or doing any other local stuff differently. But they can't cheat on DS, IX, or budgets/superblocks voting (masternodes do not create superblocks btw, miners do) - wrong/unsigned messages will be rejected by network.

That's is definitely smth that is implemented... Some info about DS is in Dash paper, IX detailed info is in a separate one - there is a link at the end of Dash paper.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/wiki/Whitepaper
But I'm afraid that to learn specific rules and how things are verified you'd have to read actual code.

That's is definitely smth that is implemented... Some info about DS is in Dash paper, IX detailed info is in a separate one - there is a link at the end of Dash paper.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/wiki/Whitepaper
But I'm afraid that to learn specific rules and how things are verified you'd have to read actual code.

In some months I will start learning basic of programming. So I will definitely be exploring stuff inside dash repo.

I will just read white papers.

But tell me, is it as safe as mining? Because masternodes are very new concept.

What are threaths to masternodes?

In some months I will start learning basic of programming. So I will definitely be exploring stuff inside dash repo.

I will just read white papers.

But tell me, is it as safe as mining? Because masternodes are very new concept.

What are threaths to masternodes?

Security considerations and attack vectors (described in common) for both DS and IX are in corresponding papers.

Given you are a core developer. When I start evolution prototype. I can't connect to dapi. I thought whether there is not a PING issue because I live in Czech Republic and connection may be slower than the time allowed for that operation,

Given you are a core developer. When I start evolution prototype. I can't connect to dapi. I thought whether there is not a PING issue because I live in Czech Republic and connection may be slower than the time allowed for that operation,
1. This is completely off topic, don't make me :mad: :wink:
2. It's a demo, not even an alpha and it wasn't here for testing... so things will break all the time...

Back