• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evan's InstantX Demo on YouTube

That was pretty amazing, my only question is what would the "real world" time be? The MNs were local (same LAN) so would a "real world" situation be that fast? Or would it be closer to ~10 seconds? (Which is amazing in itself, anyway.)

That was pretty amazing, my only question is what would the "real world" time be? The MNs were local (same LAN) so would a "real world" situation be that fast? Or would it be closer to ~10 seconds? (Which is amazing in itself, anyway.)
Evan said earlier it is about 20-30 sec in real world, but we will see it when testing begins.

From my experience with the delay of Masternodes talking to each other it's closer to 30 seconds, which is still amazing.

Of course this depends which Masternodes are actually selected for voting, if all happen to be well connected it'll be much faster

Edit: if you would like to have to look for yourself, check the Masternode log for how long it takes for the current masternode-voting to finish.

InstantX should more or less need the same time.

Well done!

Evan, next time please turn off the heater :grin:
My take on the video:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/TaoOfSatoshi/TheDark/

I'm promoting this site run by the Darkcoin Chameleon as a one stop shop for Darkcoin news, opinion and creativity! Tweets (From anyone) with the hashtags #GetIntoTheDark, #BuildTheDarkness, or #DarkcoinChameleon will go to their respective sections on my site automatically!

Check it out, and spread the word!

eduffield Great job, Evan! Don't forget I still need an answer about the Bitcoin Rush episode: interview or monologue, and when could you have it done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan said earlier it is about 20-30 sec in real world, but we will see it when testing begins.

Ah, I must have missed that. I found it on BCT here:
eduffield said:
2 seconds was in a very small local environment! It should be 20-30 seconds in production, 10 if we're lucky.

From my experience with the delay of Masternodes talking to each other it's closer to 30 seconds, which is still amazing.
Of course this depends which Masternodes are actually selected for voting, if all happen to be well connected it'll be much faster

Edit: if you would like to have to look for yourself, check the Masternode log for how long it takes for the current masternode-voting to finish.

InstantX should more or less need the same time.

Gotcha, it sounds like the process goes like this:
- InstantX transaction is sent.
- Ten Masternodes confirm the payment is legitimate and going only where it says it is (i.e. no double-spending).
- Based on this the payment is confirmed and processed in ~10-30 seconds.
- This payment also "shows up" in the next block.

If I do an InstanTX with a tx lock of x blocks, is that viewable somehow by someone else on the network? eg, can I prove to someone that the input(s) are locked for x blocks?

eg. can funds be verifiably (by a 3rd party, via the txid or something) locked for an extended duration?

We should keep this code proprietary for at least six months so that the other coins don't steal DRK's Thunder !!!

def keep the instanx code secret if possible, atm nothing to be gained in making it public
plus hope the developers can somehow leverage the current momentum and further develop darksend

Wtf? Open source except when its not? Sure, keep it quiet until happy releasing it but eyes on the code is what makes it solid and helps it evolve. Sorry for the rant but there's a lot of stuff popping up on the financial services end of cryptos making a big deal about their propitiatory code and it really gets my goat, secrets hinder innovation.

Back