• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Error in DashCentral.org Updater Version 5

ec1warc1

I am on Debian, pretty basic Masternode install, and I am getting an error when attempting to use the DashCentral.org Updater:

perl /home/dash/dashcentral-updater/dcupdater.pl
Can't locate JSON/RPC/Client.pm in @INC (you may need to install the JSON::RPC::Client module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.20.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.20.2 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl5/5.20 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.20 /usr/share/perl/5.20 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /home/dash/dashcentral-updater/dcupdater.pl line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/dash/dashcentral-updater/dcupdater.pl line 16.

Ok, there seems to be some Legacy stuff going on (directory named Legacy is a hint!) or something, so I can find the file Client.pm and I can create a symbolic link to "fix" the file not found issue:
sudo ln -s /usr/share/perl5/JSON/RPC/Legacy/Client.pm /usr/share/perl5/JSON/RPC/

but then, I get this error:
perl /home/dash/dashcentral-updater/dcupdater.pl
Can't locate object method "new" via package "JSON::RPC::Client" (perhaps you forgot to load "JSON::RPC::Client"?) at /home/dash/dashcentral-updater/dcupdater.pl line 23.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quite literally, I copied and pasted the text from here http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/MAKAMAKA/JSON-RPC-0.96/lib/JSON/RPC/Client.pm to the file /usr/share/perl5/JSON/RPC/Client.pm and tried it again, and it works... just gives me a different issue to sort out...

############################################################
# DashCentral server data transfer results (Version 5):

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(some other random stuff): error (Masternode is not registered with this account)

Update status: error

Quite literally, I copied and pasted the text from here http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/MAKAMAKA/JSON-RPC-0.96/lib/JSON/RPC/Client.pm to the file /usr/share/perl5/JSON/RPC/Client.pm and tried it again, and it works... just gives me a different issue to sort out...

# DashCentral server data transfer results (Version 5):

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(some other random stuff): error (Masternode is not registered with this account)

Update status: error
I am getting the same error. What was your solution to (masternode not registered with this account) ? Thanks

I think I had copied the dashcentral.conf from a different server and had forgotten to edit it for that master node. So, the solution was to verify the file dashcentral.conf.

I think I had copied the dashcentral.conf from a different server and had forgotten to edit it for that master node. So, the solution was to verify the file dashcentral.conf.
Thank you for your response. This is my first one to set up and I cant seem to get it going. my dashcentral.conf file looks like this

################
# dashcentral-updater configuration
################

our %settings = (
# Enter your DashCentral api key here
'api_key' => '6697c******************************************a1df9fgh'
);

our %masternodes = (
'X**** my masternode public address********x' => {
'rpc_host' => 'localhost',
'rpc_port' => 9998,
'rpc_user' => 'same as in my dash.conf',
'rpc_password' => 'same as in my dash .conf',
'daemon_autorestart' => 'disabled',
'daemon_binary' => '/usr/bin/dashd',
'daemon_datadir' => '/root/.dash'
}
);

#

any suggestions. Thanks again

FYI, if you REALLY don't want to disclose the identity of your Masternode you would have to completely (!) overpaint the address, funding transaction, last payment and the balance.
And the hostname in dashman and your shell-prompt wouldn't be a bad idea either...

in reality, all of that stuff is public knowledge. I don't think there is anything listed in the image that you couldn't find on the ninja website. Or am I wrong?

Goto https://www.dashninja.pl/ scroll down to the list. Click on the SHOW dialog, show ALL. The third column shows the IP and port of all the Master Nodes, including mine. It is public knowledge, and there are at least two lists that I know of.

Goto https://www.dashninja.pl/ scroll down to the list. Click on the SHOW dialog, show ALL. The third column shows the IP and port of all the Master Nodes, including mine. It is public knowledge, and there are at least two lists that I know of.

I know all this.

Show me were on Dashninja is the link that those Masternodes belong to ec1warc1. Even when your name here is an alias this is still a valuable information.

I suppose if someone wants to single me out and attack my node, they could. But, for what? Just because I am me? So far, the internet isn't really that interested in me. I can't even get trolls to go after me on YouTube. I am that boring. LOL!

Thank you for your help. I mis typed my public address. on to my final step.
* 8. Enable automatic masternode restart on crash or hang

Edit dashcentral.conf and set the value "daemon_autorestart" to "enabled". Also make sure that the path to the DASH daemon binary "daemon_binary" and the path to your DASH datadir "daemon_datadir" match your system configuration.

The example in the how to does not work for me. I guess my location of install is not standard. I download the zip file and extract it then I move the dashd file to my users root directory. I cant seem to direct the updater to the correct path. When I do teh ls command I can see dashd and .dash directory. Any help would still be very appreciated.

Thanks

The dash install files can go pretty much anywhere. Going back to my first question, have you installed the dashman scripts and used them to verify that the node is working and registered on the Dash network? You should do this before you install dashcentral.org software.

The dash install files can go pretty much anywhere. Going back to my first question, have you installed the dashman scripts and used them to verify that the node is working and registered on the Dash network? You should do this before you install dashcentral.org software.
sorry I did not replay to that question. No i did not install the scripts. I did the firewall check that you suggested and it is open.I have a couple masternodes that I have been operating for over a year. They are functional and I use dash central to watch for when they drop off the active list. Then I mannualy go and restart the client on the server and restart the masternode on my cold wallet. If you still feel that running the scripts would help I will but my nodes are active on the dash network and getting paid. My biggest hang up is not being very familiar with linux OS. I got the updater succesfully installed and running. It is only when I changee auto restart to enabled that I encounter the error. I cant seem to get these 2 settings correct in my dashcentral.conf

*EDIT*

Ok I kept playing and it was that I needed it to look like this

'daemon_binary' => './dashd',
'daemon_datadir' => './.dash'

I was missing the period in front of the first /

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Back