• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Error "Failed to load masternode cache from mncache.dat" at the opening of the wallet

Adam El Jaouhari

Hello,

I need help in this issue. My Dash-Qt wallet doesn't open and says :
"Failed to load masternode cache from mncache.dat"
I just installed a new version 0.12.2.3 and it is still with the same problem. I'm on OS High sierra, but the problem was even on my previews OS.

Can you help, please ?

Adam

Hi Adam!

Make sure Dash is not running, then open Finder and go to ~/Library/Application Support and find your DashCore folder. In that folder, delete mncache.dat and see if Dash starts properly. If not, you can also safely delete all the other .dat files EXCEPT for wallet.dat. Restarting Dash should cause it to recreate these files based off new information retrieved from the blockchain. Let us know how it goes!

Hi Adam!

Make sure Dash is not running, then open Finder and go to ~/Library/Application Support and find your DashCore folder. In that folder, delete mncache.dat and see if Dash starts properly. If not, you can also safely delete all the other .dat files EXCEPT for wallet.dat. Restarting Dash should cause it to recreate these files based off new information retrieved from the blockchain. Let us know how it goes!

Thank you a lot strophy !! Amazing, it worked. It didn't work by deleting mncache.dat alone so I deleted all the others EXCEPT wallet.dat as you said :)
Now it is synchronising.

Yaaay I have my coins back :D

Hi @Moondancer great to have you here! In the future, please start your own thread instead of posting abuse on other people's already resolved threads. You are responsible for keeping your own wallet backups and private keys safe, particularly if you are receiving mining rewards! The Dash community provides free support and is not responsible for your security practices.

That said, your mining rewards are probably safe. Can you provide more details about what version of Dash Core you are using and what you were doing when you saw the error message? It sounds like basic file corruption caused by not shutting down Dash Core correctly. Luckily, mncache.dat can easily be regenerated by resynchronising with the network.

You should first shut down Dash Core and make a backup of your wallet by copying the "%APPDATA%/DashCore/wallet.dat" file and the "backups" folder to a separate location, ideally on a USB stick. You can then safely delete all of the .dat files in that folder EXCEPT for wallet.dat. Make sure you have the latest version of Dash Core installed (currently 12.2.3), start it up and give it some time to completely sync. Your funds should appear again.

I double clicked on it and ......crash!! dash wallet .........Running windows 10 64 bit installed newest version 12.2.3 uninstalled it completely reinstalled it doesn't work found another wallet don't bother c:\Users\User\Appdata\Roaming\Dashcore\mncache.dat error

Did you read what I wrote? You need to delete mncache.dat and the other .dat files, except wallet.dat

Back