• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum DASH LINUX client

BlueSky

Any news on the new version of the Electrum Dash Linux client? When will it be released? I need it urgently!

Thanks!

What the hell am I supposed to do to make this work? All I get is endless compile bullshit and apt-get failure. Windows and Mac get ready-made executables and Linux some computer science lab abortion - wtf?

Sigh... I've got buried down in operational details (not software, business operational) and got distracted from the project.

Which Linux distro you've got? I bet, the packaged solution is in the roadmap.

If you're in hurry - PM me and we'll solve the build issue.

Or, let's do it here in public, but you'll write the howto ;)

I tried on 64bit Ubuntu 16.04 and 17.04

If I can understand what I need to do, I'd be reasonably confident about writing a howto.

Hello all,
Is it possible to install the linux version of the electrum-dash wallet on a Raspberry Pi 3 with Rasbian? I would like to use it as my cold wallet, as for my LTC and BTC wallets.
I have tried downloading and unpacking the file "electrum-dash-2.6.4.tar.gz" from the site but I could not manage a way to install it on my Pi.
Thanks.

Follow Electrums instructions (replace with electrum-dash url ofc):
https://electrum.org/#download

I also needed:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev

EDIT: (Ubuntu 16.04 amd64)
Fwiw, I tried making a deb package, fairly simple, resulted in a separate package for each dependency though. Might be possible to bundle as a single package but we could probably do with a Dash repo.

Last edited:
Back