• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

ec2 multiple remote nothing MN(max 5)

I can't easily quote monthly figures because I have many instances doing many different things in my AWS account.

What I can say is that last month, the most that I was charged for a T2.medium with 6 masternodes was $1.58 per day. My monthly bandwidth fee was $7 (but that includes all manner of instances including several C3.large)

Take things one step further. Here is what the EC2 price calculator says for one fully utilised T2.medium with 5 EIP (you can run six masternodes with 5 EIP if you launch new instance), 10GB intra region traffic, 1 30GB SSD and 100GB internet traffic.

So roughly $55 a month instead of $130?

So roughly $55 a month instead of $130?

Probably, yes! It is quite hard for me to be exact about data usage as I have lots going on in AWS. I wish I could be definitive but I can't be any more definitive than telling you the few facts that I know and pointing you towards the AWS calculator.

To put it another way, $55 is somewhat lost in my total monthly AWS bill. I've got a lot going on at the moment :D

I will deffinitly move on it. Coud have. 90$ more in drk...ajjjj

If anybody is in doubt, why not look at their bill from last month and run it through the calculator to see what it would cost on a T2.medium?

Some observations.

1) Look out for the typos in his iptables...there are couple of whitespaces missing ;)

Do you happen to remember where the missing whitespaces were a problem? I'm rather new to this and am running into a binding error when I try to start darkcoind.

This won't be a whitespace issue...sounds to be like one of your darkcoin.conf files has a duplicate RPC Port...

Hello,
I did the entire configuration procedure, but I was unable to raise two instances of the daemon. Correct me if I'm wrong:

I'm placing each daemon in each user's home folder and configuring the .conf file as taught and then I'm trying to link the daemons separately in each directory, but I have the following error when placing the second daemon to run:
"Error: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /root/.lqxcore. Lqx Core is probably already running."
Should I not run a daemon for each user?
What am I doing wrong? Need help.

My t1.micro instances are starting to get CPU maxed out on a fairly regular basis so I'm having a play with a t2.medium with a view to running a few on it. I've got one mnode up and running and it is purring like a kitten.

Back