• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Downloaded the new 12.1 wallet how do I import my old wallet?

Leadarrow

Wish there was a simple update option. I don't see anything addressing this in the instructions. I backed up my old wallet before downloading the new one but I can't find any wallet.dat file. am I missing something simple? I have no balance or history on the new wallet. I'm really hoping this isn't serious. Mac OSX

easy there
as suggested and posted all around
follow the guides

on a mac
(secure your full (coins inside) dash wallet.dat somewhere - USB stick or so)

• step 1) shut down your wallet. allow it to completely shut down. wait 30-60 seconds.
  • step 2) check you have about 3 Gigabytes of free disk space.
  • step 3) open the folder containing your dash folder
  • step 4) duplicate your dash folder and rename the copy to dashcore
  • step 5) open your dashcore folder and delete the cache files
  • step 5) download and install dash 12.1
  • step 6) launch the wallet, choose "YES" I want to rebuild the block index
  • step 7) take a break, grab a sandwich, enjoy some sun
  • step 8) after wallet is finished
  • quite wallet - replace new/empty wallet.dat with old/full wallet.dat
  • start wallet
  • and :D
if you have problems finding your user - library - ... dash folder (hidden by Mac default)
ping me again and i tell u what to do

Wallet.dat is located
KYXIN3h.jpg

if this is hidden (Apple default)
use:
To unhide (that it is visible and can actually be used):
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications - Utilities - Terminal
- Double Click Terminal
- Type the following command into terminal without the quotation marks
“chflags nohidden ~/Library”
- Press “return/enter” to run the command this will unhide the users library folder.
- Quit Terminal and done.

no need
are you on Skype or telegram to chat ?

quit wallet
  • step 2) check you have about 3 Gigabytes of free disk space.
  • step 3) open the folder containing your dash folder (pic above)
  • step 4) duplicate your dash folder and rename the copy to dashcore
  • step 5) open your dashcore folder and delete the cache files
it should look like this then (+ probably old Dash folder above / missing in my pic) + i deleted suggested things from above before but visible now as i started wallet after (they replace themselves then automatic)

oH3rbkG.png

start wallet (ether with the full wallet.dat - i would start with NO wallet.dat - let wallet get back on track - when finished - quite wallet - put full wallet.dat in dashcode - start wallet and bingo

Last edited:
DST fan, but I know nothing aboiut MAC/iOS other than I can't stand it... Hope @tungfa is getting you squared away. This appears to be an entirely fixable problem, as nothing has actually gone wrong yet from what I see. I just don't don't know how to MAC.

DST fan, but I know nothing aboiut MAC/iOS other than I can't stand it... Hope @tungfa is getting you squared away. This appears to be an entirely fixable problem, as nothing has actually gone wrong yet from what I see. I just don't don't know how to MAC.

on it

Back