Development Update, Whitepaper and Other News

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
It's on github now https://github.com/dashpay/dash/wiki/Whitepaper :)
Changes overview:
1) done
2) done
3) not done - I'm not good enough at English so can't really see the difference, didn't apply
4) done
5) done
6) done
7) not done - I'm not good enough at English so can't really see the difference, didn't apply
8) done
9) not done - I'm not sure we need this. CoinJoin is a method that can be implemented by any other coin, problem is not with bitcoin but with original CoinJoin method itself.
10) not done - same as #9
11) not done - same as #9
12) done in text only, I have no source for graphics
13) not done - same as #9
14) done
15) done
16) not done - I'm not good enough at English so can't really see the difference, didn't apply
17. done
18. not done - I'm not good enough at English so can't really see the difference, didn't apply
19. done
20. not done - Do not need this for wiki version
21. not done - why?
22. not done - I'm not sure where to get estimates from
23. need to be done
24. done
25. could be done
26. not done - Foundation has nothing to do with coin tech specs imo

EDIT: "done" / "not done" / .. etc statuses :)
Wow. And you still find time to code? :tongue:

Wow! I've said this before and I'll say it again... You are amazing!
He is a machine...glad he's on our team! :cool:

Reactions: calnaughtonjnr

Dunedoo

Foundation Member
Feb 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
Dash Address
XyoSz4xviVGfks1pLhaXw2Baqmhfw5k7MG
Hello Everyone,

We just wanted to give everyone an update on the project and what we are focusing on right now. Currently the team is working on many different projects for development, marketing and outreach. We’ve made some great progress with marketing & outreach, we’ll have more about that in the coming weeks/months. We know it’s been quiet for a couple weeks and there’s good reason for that.

Development Update - v0.12.0.0

• Udjin has merged all upstream changes from Bitcoin 10 into the project. This means we’ll support much faster syncing via headers-first blocks and various other changes to the core software.
  • I’ve been working on re-implementing the Masternode Broadcast/Pinging classes to be much easier to read and more efficient. This will allow us to finally use inventory messages for updates to the Masternode network, reducing bandwidth by as much as 80%!
  • The code is getting very close to the point where we will no longer require the reference node. The reference node was created in order to solve a problem dash has had since the beginning, unfair masternode payments. With the reference node, the network has round robin masternode payments, but this node is centralized and our goal is to decentralize all components of the network. In the v0.12.0.0 version, we’re going to run the network in a hybrid state where the reference node can be turned off and the network will enforce masternode payments in a round-robin fashion just like it does now, except with no centralization. This hybrid state will allow us to still use the reference node as a backup if needed.
  • Udjin has been working on improved language support for the the Darksend process, which means users mixing coins in other languages will no longer see english errors messages.

Mobile Wallets Capable of DS and IX

• We’re happy to announce that we have developers working on Darksend/InstantX implementations for mobile. This is very exciting because it will allow person-2-person instant transfer of value just like cash in a completely decentralized way, involving no third party. This is important because it brings us very close to our goal of providing a real medium of digital cash.
  • We also want to take the opportunity to welcome our new developer QuantumExplorer who is handling the development of our iPhone wallet.

Decentralized Cryptocurrency Management Proposal
  • We’ve been working on a plan for months now to fully decentralize the projects funding and management going forward. This is a brand new concept in crypto and goes beyond the foundation model. We’re very excited, as we believe it solves some long standing issues that Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies have faced. We’ll be releasing a detailed whitepaper about this concept on Wednesday this week.

Dash Whitepaper V1
  • The old whitepaper was very out of date, we’ve updated it and detailed all technology that we’re using within Dash. Click here to read the new whitepaper!
iPhone wallet, oh yeah

jsp3cs15

Masternode Owner/Operator
Jun 21, 2014
credit to Evan and the team u guys are awesome, exciting times​

David

Dash Support Group
Jun 21, 2014
eduffield

A couple of questions Evan:

1) You mentioned that a stable implementation was needed for work to be completed on the mobile wallets. Are will still waiting for this work to be completed before x.12.x is released?

2) Will masternode blinding be a part of x.12.x? Has it been moved to the back burner?

Reactions: bhkien

coindup

Aug 25, 2016
Dash Address
Xc3NZEcWwEv1MecVxP4NC3ATPnrKxE3NG1
Hello Everyone,

We just wanted to give everyone an update on the project and what we are focusing on right now. Currently the team is working on many different projects for development, marketing and outreach. We’ve made some great progress with marketing & outreach, we’ll have more about that in the coming weeks/months. We know it’s been quiet for a couple weeks and there’s good reason for that.

Development Update - v0.12.0.0

• Udjin has merged all upstream changes from Bitcoin 10 into the project. This means we’ll support much faster syncing via headers-first blocks and various other changes to the core software.
  • I’ve been working on re-implementing the Masternode Broadcast/Pinging classes to be much easier to read and more efficient. This will allow us to finally use inventory messages for updates to the Masternode network, reducing bandwidth by as much as 80%!
  • The code is getting very close to the point where we will no longer require the reference node. The reference node was created in order to solve a problem dash has had since the beginning, unfair masternode payments. With the reference node, the network has round robin masternode payments, but this node is centralized and our goal is to decentralize all components of the network. In the v0.12.0.0 version, we’re going to run the network in a hybrid state where the reference node can be turned off and the network will enforce masternode payments in a round-robin fashion just like it does now, except with no centralization. This hybrid state will allow us to still use the reference node as a backup if needed.
  • Udjin has been working on improved language support for the the Darksend process, which means users mixing coins in other languages will no longer see english errors messages.

Mobile Wallets Capable of DS and IX

• We’re happy to announce that we have developers working on Darksend/InstantX implementations for mobile. This is very exciting because it will allow person-2-person instant transfer of value just like cash in a completely decentralized way, involving no third party. This is important because it brings us very close to our goal of providing a real medium of digital cash.
  • We also want to take the opportunity to welcome our new developer QuantumExplorer who is handling the development of our iPhone wallet.

Decentralized Cryptocurrency Management Proposal
  • We’ve been working on a plan for months now to fully decentralize the projects funding and management going forward. This is a brand new concept in crypto and goes beyond the foundation model. We’re very excited, as we believe it solves some long standing issues that Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies have faced. We’ll be releasing a detailed whitepaper about this concept on Wednesday this week.

Dash Whitepaper V1
  • The old whitepaper was very out of date, we’ve updated it and detailed all technology that we’re using within Dash. Click here to read the new whitepaper!
Don't you guys think you should get South Africa on board. I am fluent in Afrikaans and English. Give me a shot, I will go talk DASH Masternodes in South Africa. Been States side past 10 years (Long Island, New York) currently unemployed but making it happen with several endeavors.
I have been obsessed with blockchain technology for the past two and half years now, and all I do is just read and read and read. Made some stupid investments (HASHOCEAN) and some good ones (STEEM). It's time to take action. I am building up DASH to get Masternode and am currently running Dash Core on Microsoft 10 machine and another Dash Core node on an Ubuntu 16.04 machine. I do not mine extensively but do know how to setup a rig. I am also running 2 ethereum nodes (geth) and I keep Electrum updated so that console in Python is always available. My latest craze has been MONERO (XMS), destracting me from leaning deeper into DASH Evolution.
I can also introduce the Legal Cannabis Market to DASH here in New York. If you did not know, banks are not allowed to open accounts to cannabis businesses because it will be a federal of offense, if they do. Until the DEA changes their song on this, it remains a cash industry.....
I am public on the following platforms:
Openledger: https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=coindup-hasho
Steemit: https://steemit.com/@coindup
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nybiltong
Facebook: Stephan du Plessis

I will do Africa for you if you let me. Not scared of a challenge.

Reactions: flare

Comodore

Nov 8, 2015
Don't you guys think you should get South Africa on board. I am fluent in Afrikaans and English. Give me a shot, I will go talk DASH Masternodes in South Africa. Been States side past 10 years (Long Island, New York) currently unemployed but making it happen with several endeavors.
I have been obsessed with blockchain technology for the past two and half years now, and all I do is just read and read and read. Made some stupid investments (HASHOCEAN) and some good ones (STEEM). It's time to take action. I am building up DASH to get Masternode and am currently running Dash Core on Microsoft 10 machine and another Dash Core node on an Ubuntu 16.04 machine. I do not mine extensively but do know how to setup a rig. I am also running 2 ethereum nodes (geth) and I keep Electrum updated so that console in Python is always available. My latest craze has been MONERO (XMS), destracting me from leaning deeper into DASH Evolution.
I can also introduce the Legal Cannabis Market to DASH here in New York. If you did not know, banks are not allowed to open accounts to cannabis businesses because it will be a federal of offense, if they do. Until the DEA changes their song on this, it remains a cash industry.....
I am public on the following platforms:
Openledger: https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=coindup-hasho
Steemit: https://steemit.com/@coindup
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nybiltong
Facebook: Stephan du Plessis

I will do Africa for you if you let me. Not scared of a challenge.
Okay, Sir,
then do a pre-proposal and state the way you want to spend the money and achieve goals. Since we do not know you, tell us something about your background.

And leave this section as this is offtopic now

wonderwoman201

Jun 2, 2017
wonder-woman.net

Reactions: halso