• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Development - Proposal Progress - Integration

Acedian

I would like to suggest a clear and concise approach for Dash.

As it stands people interested in how Dash is developing have to look in many places and even then, might not find all the relevant information.

An example; I wanted to know where the DashPayCard was in its development. I searched forums, Slack, DashCentral, etc and couldn't find anything. I asked on the Dash Talk Slack and was informed that a message was posted by Charlie Shrem a few days ago. I searched and eventually found it. It was a short, unhelpful comment and a waste of my time.

So, I would like to see a new website that presents all of the information about Dash.
Development - Proposal Progress - Integration and not much else.

There are already too many news and social incarnations of Dash, but very few fact driven repositories of information. The current sources of information just aren't good enough. To name a few; the Slack is great for technical issues but sucks if something happened two weeks ago. The forum is a great place for public interaction but if you want to see fact driven information, not all that helpful.

Dash is starting to feel like a cluster-fuck because there are a lot of sources with very little substance and too much opinion. I just want a place of fact and nothing else!

Totally agree with you though there is no easy solution.

Creating another site to be the one place for all the info is just going make things worse.
What might work is a team of people that searches for all that scatter information and put's it together in one place.

Totally agree with you though there is no easy solution.

Creating another site to be the one place for all the info is just going make things worse.
What might work is a team of people that searches for all that scatter information and put's it together in one place.

No, it won't make it worse. This is because the new site will have purpose and direction. The problem with the current offering is lack of these things.

The atlassian wiki is the official documentation for Dash.

I know that Core tries to keep up to date but they are, as everybody knows, swamped.

I'm not sure if it's the best place to answer what you need but it might be.

Pinging @tungfa that will be able to tell us more about the atlassian and the direction it could take.

Again, this is a good resource but in its current form is limited. It lacks curtain up-to-date information and doesn't have proposal progression.
A wiki layout is nice however as most people are familiar with it.

I know that Core tries to keep up to date but they are, as everybody knows, swamped.

I'm not sure if it's the best place to answer what you need but it might be.

Pinging @tungfa that will be able to tell us more about the atlassian and the direction it could take.

hmmmm
atlassian is the wiki (on one side) and a lot of Jira and whatever on the other
people (who really wanna know ) can always follow GitHub and see what goes on (even though Evo Github is private )
there is a new roadmap coming soon and that should lay out a good plan and direction (what is going on /what is coming and when)
as u guys can see with the monthly reports already, kot is always behind, as the whole team has to participate and that accross all timezones + busy schedules and private live on tip makes it hard to keep on track.
i agree the Dev's have to be more communicative (we talked about this already internally ) but starting another page .... i would not go there (we are too spread)
i believe the thing would be to get 'better' and more updates from the Dev Teams (what is going on , what they accomplished, and what is next)
working on it :rolleyes:

hmmmm
atlassian is the wiki (on one side) and a lot of Jira and whatever on the other
people (who really wanna know ) can always follow GitHub and see what goes on (even though Evo Github is private )
there is a new roadmap coming soon and that should lay out a good plan and direction (what is going on /what is coming and when)
as u guys can see with the monthly reports already, kot is always behind, as the whole team has to participate and that accross all timezones + busy schedules and private live on tip makes it hard to keep on track.
i agree the Dev's have to be more communicative (we talked about this already internally ) but starting another page .... i would not go there (we are too spread)
i believe the thing would be to get 'better' and more updates from the Dev Teams (what is going on , what they accomplished, and what is next)
working on it :rolleyes:
Any news on the roadmap? @AndyDark mentioned it would be released last week.

This is what we need to do...

We need to get all the Proposal Assistance Groups to come together and submit a formal proposal. That proposal would pay for the development of a website that allows all the PAGs to co-exist in one place.

For example, someone wants to submit a proposal, so they go to this one site and they can see all these groups offering help. One PAG is offering a fee discount for certain types of charities. Another PAG is offering to evaluate and give a 1 dash discount. Yet another PAG is offering a free / cheap translation service. And so on.

The system would be flexible enough that each PAG can customize their data collection and reporting. Areas seeking feedback would be restricted to MNOs and to people that have successfully received funding.

Dash Central might be the best place to make this happen because right now it's run on charity alone.

EDIT: "Proposal Assistance Group" or "Proposal Services Group", take your pick

Last edited:
Any news on the roadmap? @AndyDark mentioned it would be released last week.

Yep sorry, Evan came to Hong Kong last week and spent the week going through everything and syncing everything to the bigger picture including lot of new scaling plans. The final roadmap for everything Dash over the next 5+ years basically is done, it's pretty awesome, I guess Evan is collating everything and will post himself i think soon (not sure which day).

cheers,
Andy

I do hope Evan has a very comprehensive plan. We really need a clear roadmap that everyone can get on board with and do what we can to achieve it.

Hi guys,
Im agreeing we have to many platforms were get news and updates, Slack, Dash Forums, DashCentral, Twitter, Dashforcenews, and so on.
Right now i got time for this madness but its about time to fix that no one can keep up with that.

To get a roadmap plan for the next ~5 years will also help were we hadding.

But for this also a production schedule would be great from core Team!!! not everyone (me includet) understand all the tech side but lets say:

Evolution first step is 75% or 85% complete everyone would be understanding what that means.
That would symplify things to the publice and also to the Mn owners
I know its more complicated like that but keep it simple.

Sorry for misspelling things my english is limited.
Cheers from Austria

Hi guys,
Im agreeing we have to many platforms were get news and updates, Slack, Dash Forums, DashCentral, Twitter, Dashforcenews, and so on.
Right now i got time for this madness but its about time to fix that no one can keep up with that.

To get a roadmap plan for the next ~5 years will also help were we hadding.

But for this also a production schedule would be great from core Team!!! not everyone (me includet) understand all the tech side but lets say:

Evolution first step is 75% or 85% complete everyone would be understanding what that means.
That would symplify things to the publice and also to the Mn owners
I know its more complicated like that but keep it simple.

Sorry for misspelling things my english is limited.
Cheers from Austria
We are in agreement then. We need one place to get all the factual information about Dash. Not 5+ places where you find some factual information and a load of opinion and story telling.

Back