• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Designers! I need your help/input — iOS Dash Wallet

nmarley

Administrator
Dash Core Group
I'm a developer looking into the iOS Dash Wallet, and noticed that the colour schemes just aren't working at all. I can't really see the address text very well on one of the main screens, and really can't read it at all on the receive screen, like below. (Do you see the Dash address underneath the QR code? Yeah, I don't either.)

ss-dw2.png

Here's the other screen with a similar colours conflict:

ss-dw1.png

Now I'm no designer at all, but I think that the issue here is called 'contrast', and what we need is to fix up the colour scheme so that the colours don't clash/blend together so much. And while keeping within the recommended Dash branding colours as much as possible.

Maybe a light grey background with darker text/logo? That's just an idea I had.

I we have some really good designers out there in the community (*cough* @TheDashGuy, *cough*), and I'm wondering if any of you guys and gals could offer some input as to what could be done to make these screens a little easier on the eyes. Any input or designs off the top of your heads?

As a temporary decision - we may use white font for addresses.

As a redesign - yes, IMO common corporate style:
grey background + blue for information may be great.

@darkwing designed this version and is working on a 'light' one that fits the current corporate identity :rolleyes:

Its great you are working on this @nmarley!!! I hope you succeed getting this app approved by Apple before Dash Evolution arrives.

I just don't see myself ditching my iPhone to get a Dash wallet. I know there's a way around this, but most common users will never be able to set up a wallet on an iPhone without an approved app.

Can do. Hit me on slack. Starting to lean more on freelancing instead of full-time gig, as I despise the employer, so I should have time to get my "dash to-do list" completed. Currently juggling like 4-5 projects but I think I can manage some UI updates for you guys as long as you can translate a PSD or HTML/CSS into iOS code for me :D

Its great you are working on this @nmarley!!! I hope you succeed getting this app approved by Apple before Dash Evolution arrives.

I just don't see myself ditching my iPhone to get a Dash wallet. I know there's a way around this, but most common users will never be able to set up a wallet on an iPhone without an approved app.
Thanks. To be honest, it's not my app, I'm just trying to help out with it. But I'm looking forward to having solid, functional (and interoperable) Dash wallet app on the App Store, if we can get the bugs and kinks ironed out.

Can do. Hit me on slack. Starting to lean more on freelancing instead of full-time gig, as I despise the employer, so I should have time to get my "dash to-do list" completed. Currently juggling like 4-5 projects but I think I can manage some UI updates for you guys as long as you can translate a PSD or HTML/CSS into iOS code for me :D

Awesome, sounds good. I'll contact you over there. There's not really any iOS "code" for the background, it's just some .png images really. Actually, the images are here: http://imgur.com/a/cFVhd

Thanks!

Thanks. To be honest, it's not my app, I'm just trying to help out with it. But I'm looking forward to having solid, functional (and interoperable) Dash wallet app on the App Store, if we can get the bugs and kinks ironed out.

Awesome, sounds good. I'll contact you over there. There's not really any iOS "code" for the background, it's just some .png images really. Actually, the images are here: http://imgur.com/a/cFVhd

Thanks!

Might I suggest some font and background colors for some specific screens too?

Wow, that's a lot easier to see. Much better. Thanks for sharing, glad to see you have something in the works.

Jaxx got accepted (BTC,Eth)
i am in touch with them and try to work some thing out for Dash
It would be great if we could get listed on Jaxx. I just downloaded it a couple days ago and it's a great app. We could submit a proposal to pay for integration if development costs are the reason that we are not on there?

Back