• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Deep Dive on Marketing effectiveness

Dashmaximalist

we have funded 100s of proposals however only a handful have had reasonable success, many even though executed as per the proposal have failed to deliver the reach that we deserve

One of the fundamental reasons have been a lack of result oriented marketing that is widely practiced in today's marketing

Given that dash is a digital product at the core, we should fully utilize the power of digital marketing and analytics driven marketing.

how does it matter if 100,000 people see the dash logo on the air for a min or two, what's the point if they simply do not take any action after that ?

when we have no measurable action following a campagin, we are destined to fail or get extremely poor results.

Lets make sure we keep some sort of result in the end like say dash wallet downloads, transactions something

without a proper framework for measuring Marketing effectiveness , we would be draining massive amounts of precious dash.

here are my 2 cents, i am very happy to hear your views on improving effectiveness of our marketing

You can't measure marketing success very well IMHO. That's why its such a profitable business. You can't hope to get very many people on your first impression. They all say it takes 3 impressions at minimum before someone starts to become open to your product. Luckily you get a idea with some of this internet stuff. But you have no idea if 1 impression caused a guy to buy $3 dollars or $3 million in dash.

Business is not cheap, its not pretty, there is lots of waste. Having a DAO gets to so show all that dirt everywhere. On top of that you get people who are working for the DAO that are now wealthy because of the value change. Their time is now market rate if they even want to work at all.

Most companies would argue that their marketcap is a direct result of their marketing and brand value but they could just be lucky. By that measurement we are doing very well. The core team has not been sharing the type of numbers of downloads and other stats. Not sure if that is good or not.

To me people already are having a hard time stomaching some numbers. Are we ready to pay a data analysts 8k a month to monitor all our success rates closely and plan accordingly when our marketing budget is not really much yet.

very well said , in such a case we should devote only a certain portion of our funds to the high risk / long term marketing which where we cant measure the outcomes effectively, the big portion should be spent on campaigns that can give a reasonable sense of goal oriented success.

throwing darts in the dark and hoping that they will hit the target is a very unprofessional thing.

There are tons of marketing tools that can combine the dots for example online/ offline / TV and give us some sense of overall picture.

when you are talking about the big fish, we should may be start up a HNI financial advisor team and let them do the fishing for us.

over all we need to bring strong professionalism into marketing, which is not really difficult to be honest with you.

I agree with your point about using analytics and actual data, but to imply the Dash Aerosports proposal as marketing by only having people see the dash logo in the air for a minute or two, is a mischaracterization.

I'm fairly sure there are websites that do a pass-through for ad campaigns that will give you a report on clicks. If core is not willing to help track inbound analytics on dash.org perhaps we should make a site for that purpose. dash.org is not the best landing site for new people anyway and its hard to mix both together. Ideally dash would have different landing pages available for each advertising campaign.

I agree that marketing campaigns should be goal driven. However, I would also like to state the importance of just seeing the logo. Subliminal advertising is everywhere and it takes hold without anyone realizing it. it's truly a powerful source of branding. I'm currently working on a proposal myself for marketing in Houston, TX. I have been working on a presentation to deliver to individuals and businesses alike. Is it the global game changer for DASH? Probably not, but if there were many of these small projects it could be. IMO it is better to have a small team dedicated to a certain area for marketing than it is to have a large team for marketing on a global scale. Yes, the internet does provide us with the opportunities to advertise globally but we are aiming for the little guys too because they are going to make or break crypto as a whole. If we can't convince the average joe to use crypto then big businesses will find it hard to make the switch as none of their customer base will be privy to using it. Just saying that we are going for Digital CASH, which means we need the masses using this system as often and continuously as they can. But if we don't have little guys in the field making that possible there is no way DASH or crypto will make it.

Back