• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Decision Time

oaxaca

Foundation Member
OK masternode owners. It's time to step up. There are 2,600 Dash UNALLOCATED in the current budget cycle. It's time to approve the HempSweet proposal. For the very few who voted NO, it's time to switch your vote to YES. For the overwhelming majority who have not voted yet, vote YES. Do you want to help create a circle or real world Dash adoption or do you want the funds to be burnt?

Will it be this:
circle%20of%20friends.JPG

or will it be this:

cigar_money_burn.jpg

gobject vote-many 737ad8e7b92deb51af5a12f63e4e948f87759056ac5c4ca9154108e3138465d0 funding yes

The hempsweet proposal is too long threat to make up my mind to be honest. However from the conversations I have seen on the forum, they have been very active, and even thought I have my doubts because they broke 2 carnal rules in the budget (more than 3 months and a heavy load of money). I am also not excited about most of the money will go to lawyers for getting a patent (I personally dont support patents). I wont tell them how to do their business, but I am also not sure I support that way.

The proposal is for a single month.

This is all you need to know:

Dash Gets:
  • A loop of commerce transacted in Dash within the hemp industry: Processor to farmer, processor to employees, farmer to suppliers, farmer to farm workers, manufacturers (who use processor's output) to processor, then to packing, wholesale, retail, consumer.

EDIT: I skipped that one, but will take another look at it.

Last edited:
a
The proposal is for a single month.

This is all you need to know:

Dash Gets:
  • A loop of commerce transacted in Dash within the hemp industry: Processor to farmer, processor to employees, farmer to suppliers, farmer to farm workers, manufacturers (who use processor's output) to processor, then to packing, wholesale, retail, consumer.
Ah you are right... most have confuse it with another proposal, I thought this was for 12month, but I am mistaken. Well one payment proposals also give me an issue of cash out and run. Is there any reason why will these guys stick around in the community after they get payed? Maybe I think this is a Business development, daniel diaz, lets have some contract between businesses, like wall of coins did. But yes, this is becoming a more viable proposal in my mind now.

TLDR Summary

DASH Gives:

• Dash blockchain/community pays a hemp biomass processor directly to complete development of the best specific biologic pathway and practices for industrial scale conversion of hemp xylose syrup to healthy xylitol sugar, becoming the first blockchain to directly fund a bio/mechanical engineering project in developing an open-source process for the public good. The full potentials of this are expounded in linked supporting materials. The results of this research will be open-sourced to the world (after an initial development period wherein only direct partners will have access) so it is not just to the benefit of HempSweet, but in the interest of putting this type of product into use worldwide, whether associated with HempSweet or not. Such payment could be viewed as paying a company to perform a charitable activity, since HempSweet is not the sole beneficiary, because the data will be open-sourced. The specifics of this activity are covered in the draft Hempsweet whitepaper http://bit.ly/hempsweet
  • Dash temporarily pays salaries and expenses of two HempSweet principals to shepherd and promote the project and Dash to the multi-billion dollar (and just getting started) hemp industry.
  • Attention and oversight of how the Dash contributed is spent vs the value the project gives.
Dash Gets:
  • Immediate demand for further on/of ramps to Dash, largely provided by the mutual alliance with BlockPay, OpenLedger, etc., as part of the plan. Also DASH ATMs have the opportunity and incentive to get up and running in related areas.
  • Dash gets rapidly positioned as the leading cryptocurrency enabling industrial (as opposed to consumer) commerce in an industry that is having severe pain points surrounding the use of fiat, though everything they are doing is completely legal in both US federal and state governments.
  • Dash will be a default store of value even when it is not preferred as a currency. Some will prefer to receive and give bitUSD (USD-pegged token) for accounting purpose. Through other agreements already in place with others, Dash will be a well-supported trading pair for bitUSD, allowing liquidity between the two.
  • Active, incentivized promotion of Dash within the industrial hemp community by HempSweet principals. This will be ongoing, of course, even after the Dash support for them ends.
  • Dash will have shown that it can go where no other cryptocurrency can, due to its governance model and the incredible community it encourages and incentivizes.
  • Dash will benefit hugely by supporting the alliance with the BitShares blockchain community as part of separate agreements already reached with BitShares market makers, as well OpenLedger and BlockPay.
  • There is intent to vest the Dash community or Masternodes in the future success of HempSweet by way of a separate profit-sharing token system, which should start to payout quickly as we are ramping up a pre-sale. This is not explicitly part of this agreement at this time because details are not finalized, but it is intended and will be provided.
  • We are quite sure there are more points that could be isolated, but these cover the most obvious ones.

That proposal has improved significantly since I last looked at it. I mean, a LOT. Not that the proposal itself is substantially different, it is just explained better and has even more information (ha! like it wasn't long enough already!).

Anyways, I'll keep reading, but now I'm inclined to vote for it.

simplicity is key - proposals which are too complicate written and not understandable in the first 5 min will have problems
(i still do not get it :rolleyes: and talking to others who feel the same - even after talking to them direct))

Last edited:
This is kind of an important decision for masternode owners. Either we give these folks a chance or burn the funds. It's probably worth spending more than 5 minutes. Being a masternode owner comes with responsibilities.

I have spent a couple hours reviewing it and still don't feel adequately informed. This is a proposal that could have benefited from a few extra weeks of pre-proposal/discussion, regardless of whatever happens here.

I just want to point out that burning funds is not a waste. Dash is a closed economy, so even if you destroyed 50% of all DASH the market cap would stay the same, the remaining DASH would just double in value. Same applies here. In burning the DASH we remove DASH from supply basically increasing the worth of our existing DASH.

The reason to fund proposals is basically to invest in things that will increase your DASH more than burning would.

Ah you are right... most have confuse it with another proposal, I thought this was for 12month, but I am mistaken. Well one payment proposals also give me an issue of cash out and run. Is there any reason why will these guys stick around in the community after they get payed? Maybe I think this is a Business development, daniel diaz, lets have some contract between businesses, like wall of coins did. But yes, this is becoming a more viable proposal in my mind now.

The larger proposals we first posted on the forum and Slack, and all referenced stuff, was to try to lay out the whole, big picture and get feedback from some who saw enough merit to dig in. With that we were able to isolate the best way to communicate the proposal, and indeed what to ask for.

We are definitely looking for a longer term than one month, but we understand that that would be a HUGE request that I know I wouldn't commit to if I were a MN. So the actual proposal is the place to start, then dig into the background if needed.

As for running off, this is something I just wrote on another thread on a broader subject, but it answers that part:

2. This is a funding request, based upon what we represent that we will do with the funds and what we hope that will achieve. If any recipients receive funding from a proposal and do not deliver or even "runs off with" the resulting Dash, there is little if anything the MNs could do about it except refuse to fund further, and the community would undoubtedly take action against the reputation of such a miscreant by speaking the truth, shunning, etc. It is possible that we will fail to live up to what we hope, but we also have documented reputations in play, worth far more than what we could hope do gain by behaving unethically. I believe in what we're trying to do and don't think it's frivolous. But I'm nervous as hell about this, honestly. I should be. I have skin in the game big time.
Hope this helps

I just want to point out that burning funds is not a waste. Dash is a closed economy, so even if you destroyed 50% of all DASH the market cap would stay the same, the remaining DASH would just double in value. Same applies here. In burning the DASH we remove DASH from supply basically increasing the worth of our existing DASH.

The reason to fund proposals is basically to invest in things that will increase your DASH more than burning would.

Having been in and out of the community a couple of time, my biggest struggle has been the instamine; obviously this doesn't need to be discussed ---I get it, you get, we all get it.......But follow my logic. In the end what finally convinced me that Dash really has something special and valuable to me, personally, is the undeniable fact that it is positively effecting lives on the human level. We have a great community that supports the core team with effort by many and also financially with the treasury budget. We have a way to measure the level of commitment of stake holders through the MN count. What we also have is a vehicle to fund projects that obviously will bring value to DASH at least on a subjective level, but are so ahead of their time or a novel idea that no traditional algorithm is going to be able to properly analyse. There are humans on the end of those masternodes and if we are decentralized as we say we are then we can use the most powerful computers on the planet, our brains/heart/gut, to judge the merits of these proposals and use free will to choose.

Sure the 0.014% inflation that will occur if you vote yes is a fact, but do you think it is a worthy cost to see if we (everyone in the crypto-ecosystem) can harness some of its power to cause a positive shift in the trajectory of our species. I believe without a doubt that we can and I would love Dash to be able to take the bulk of the credit for it. The lists of value HempSweet can bring back to Dash has been listed and it is long because everyone is going to judge value differently. I am going to share my specific goal for HempSweet, which is to clean our food supply of unhealthy sugars and in doing so will also wipe out 75% of all chronic disease in the world. I have been trying for years through all traditional routes to at least make a dent in this problem and it only continues to get worse. If you are interested in proof on whether it really is that big of a problem or how we actually can fix it without the help of governments or corporations.......then you have to read our whitepaper.

Another way to look at this is do you want a week from now, when we get the unrelenting FUD troll that goes on about the damn instamine crap, to be able to say hey the Dash community is diluting the number of DASH, which not only makes the ~1.9 million DASH less of an impact on the grand scheme of things but we are also putting it directly into the hands of real people who are tirelessly working to make a positive difference in the world where legacy systems have completely failed? Or do we want to hear instamine, instamine and also they rather selfishly burn coins then cure human suffering and death. I know it is a lot more complicated than that, but I use the most extreme sides of the same coin to hopefully paint a picture of where I'm coming from and a lack of decision is still a decision that is not without risk of its own.

I have spent a couple hours reviewing it and still don't feel adequately informed. This is a proposal that could have benefited from a few extra weeks of pre-proposal/discussion, regardless of whatever happens here.

I am so honored and overwhelmingly appreciative for the time you have invested reviewing our documentation, which really is a culmination of several lifetimes worth of work and experience. PM me and I'm happy to give you my cell phone number and provide all I can to fill in the blanks. There are a lot of things we can improve on, but based on the immediate valuable input we received and the improvements already made, the community has already shown it is up to the task. What we are proposing is just a chance, a first step down a long road together. No contracts, coercion, force is being applied here with this proposal ---because if we cannot successfully galvanize a majority in this community that is united by a technology that has the potential to solve a massive problem of how we store/share value (money) and improve the quality of life for everyone......then HempSweet will definitely fail in our symbiotic effort to solve an equally challenging problem for humans. It is okay to think of these as two problems, health and money, as separate and maybe go as far to say we need one solved before the other, but I propose that the world will fail with both if they are not solved together.

The hempsweet proposal is too long threat to make up my mind to be honest. However from the conversations I have seen on the forum, they have been very active, and even thought I have my doubts because they broke 2 carnal rules in the budget (more than 3 months and a heavy load of money). I am also not excited about most of the money will go to lawyers for getting a patent (I personally dont support patents). I wont tell them how to do their business, but I am also not sure I support that way.

The first rule has been addressed and solved. Second rule.......no money from this payout will go to an attorney (Although several have demanded it) and I make a promise that I will pursue all possible alternative avenues, before looking to attorneys for assistance that ensures the availability, access and adoption of the world changing inventions that come out of this project. My personal feeling is patents/IP/TM/copyright are what separate the creators from our creations and at the same time separate us from the value we create. Plus every successful patented idea/knowledge/tool further perpetuates this myth that they are necessary. The only way to give a patent power is through enforcement. Enforcement ultimately always leads to violence, which I am totally against. My thinking is the only way to ensure the created inventions from this collaboration and maybe all future human inventions is to have no direct human ownership of them. It seems logical to me that having a blockchain "pay for the creation" would by default make the blockchain the only true "owner" and it will be very hard to figure out a way for someone to logically explain why they think they are the new sole exclusive owner of that created knowledge.

Either way though, if this proposal is approved then all data, findings, inventions for the following payout cycle will be made public as it is created.

PureHemp Tech, just like every other company of inventors (scientists/engineers), have a set protocol that allows for the simultaneous development of needed documentation for patents (since they are currently their currency) so no added cost will be needed for awhile or if ever.

While I agree in principle with what you say I'm against any proposal that could have negative legal aspects until we refine the current system. I understand that you want to make a positive difference in the world but it's too soon for this kind of proposal in my opinion. Masternode operators need legal protection if funds are diverted to an illegal activity, and hemp is illegal in many jurisdictions, so basically no.

Also why do you think switching to hemp would wipe out 75% of all chronic disease? That seems like such an outlandish claim.

Thanks for addressing my point @mranderson010 you make some good points, and agree the blockchain should be the true owner. I have since done a podcast about CreativeChain which is a blockchain solution to ownership/copyright etc.
I wonder how legally viable could this be, even with an arbitration clause, this could still have some resistance on the ownership matter. However is a start and maybe something that might help clear the ownership issue.

While I agree in principle with what you say I'm against any proposal that could have negative legal aspects until we refine the current system. I understand that you want to make a positive difference in the world but it's too soon for this kind of proposal in my opinion. Masternode operators need legal protection if funds are diverted to an illegal activity, and hemp is illegal in many jurisdictions, so basically no.

Also why do you think switching to hemp would wipe out 75% of all chronic disease? That seems like such an outlandish claim.
Please note we have modified the language in the formal proposal to further reduce any risk of liability to masternodes. We are only interested in bringing further value to the Dash ecosystem and limiting the risk to masternodes is an important aspect of succeeding with our project.

All PureHemp Tech and both John and I are in the United States. No part of the hemp plant has ever been illegal. The only law that had existed was the restriction of cultivation of hemp, which was changed in 2014 by the federal government with the US Farm Act https://www.agriculture.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Farm_Bill_Final.pdf , which basically deregulated and delegated the cultivation and US-based commercialization of hemp to the individual state's agriculture departments. Thus far 31 states have revised their state legislation to reflect the the US government's guidelines.

To answer your question completely I would have to post the bulk of the whitepaper. The short answer is the majority of people all over the world have adapted to requiring food to have sweetness to it. It is a DNA human instinct type thing that the sweetener corps figured out about 50+ years ago and have been perfecting ever since. Xylitol has the exact sweetness of sugar cane, but none of the toxic effects (Also has several health benefits http://hempxylitol.com/health.html ). The reason why it has not replaced current market dominating sweeteners is complicated, but the easiest to understand and applicable to this project is that current sources (corn/birch tree) are not scalable enough to make it economically competitive. Hemp changes that equation completely.

Why could hemp wipe out 75% of all chronic disease? Also in the whitepaper, but basically 75% of all chronic diseases are inflammatory mediated. Meaning whatever causes systemic inflammation is causing the disease and harmful sugars have been identified as the leading (really only) source causing this systemic inflammatory reaction long enough and persistent enough to result in 75% of all chronic diseases we have today.

That is without mentioning the other whole body of data about another part of the hemp plant, which this project has no connection with. You can go to https://hempsweet.net and at the bottom of the landing page shows the list of diseases/illnesses that hemp has been proven to treat or cure. If you click on a specific medical problem then the links to specific research articles that support the indication can be found. The epilepsy category and the video included is quite emotionally moving. The thing most people don't know is THC actually lowers the seizure threshold so it is not used treat seizures, but the other 117+ cannabinoids (all the same for bother plants) and specifically CBD (there are more) is the effective cannabinoid for seizures. The marijuana folks, the big pharma folks, and of course the banking folks who are all profiting by the lack of education of the public about the differences (legal, biological and medical) between hemp and non-hemp cannabis, all are providing road blocks to slow the progress down although they are quickly fading. They really cannot do much to slow down progress because the whole thing that started cannabis prohibition was the mind altering effect of THC and the scary reefer madness, which hemp never fit that category and now we have the technology to quickly determine the difference between the two plants......there is no legal standing for them to successfully use to stop the progress of hemp. The DEA tried and failed. They not only were quickly shut down on the topic of hemp and forced to correct their errors, but are actively being sued for damages by the industrial hemp industry. Needless to say, things have already changed. What side of the future do we want to be on? Does DASH want to be the standard currency for exchange of value for an industry that will without doubt heal this planet or be left behind with all the other parts of society that are no longer serving the people.

Last edited:
Thanks for addressing my point @mranderson010 you make some good points, and agree the blockchain should be the true owner. I have since done a podcast about CreativeChain which is a blockchain solution to ownership/copyright etc.

I wonder how legally viable could this be, even with an arbitration clause, this could still have some resistance on the ownership matter. However is a start and maybe something that might help clear the ownership issue.

Absolutely brilliant and you bringing up CreativeChain is a perfect example of why this community has the ability to bring good to the world. We are harnessing the power of communication, learning how to working together in adaptive new ways and providing real solutions to some of human's biggest challenges that have always been considered impossible to fix. The focus right now is on getting the needed capital to kickstart HempSweet's journey, but as soon as its not the most urgent matter our plan is to harness other powers available in crowd sourced development. Before open-sourced decentralized computer networks I lived in the medical world and there everything you touch or see has a billion dollar legal team dictating who/what/when/where/how for everything you do.....it is easy to sell more regulation when "people's lives are at stake." After seeing what is possible when knowledge is let free I have never been able to look at patents the same.

This is why HempSweet is so complex. We have to challenge all ways of traditional thinking to find solutions to the problems traditional thinking caused in the first place. Each of us see the vision differently, but there is not a day that goes by I do not interact with someone who knows what the problems are and also have some interesting ways of solving them.

Back