• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Debug Console won't open.

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
Wallet opens as normal, but when I click Tools>Debug Conlsole. Nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

Edit: Info, Debug Console and Network Monitor all do nothing when clicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows 8.1

no entries in log i don't think. just some stuff about mnw - masternode winner out of range.

when i click it, the border of the wallet changes colour, as if it is losing focus to the debug console window, but i can't see it.

Windows 8.1

no entries in log i don't think. just some stuff about mnw - masternode winner out of range.

when i click it, the border of the wallet changes colour, as if it is losing focus to the debug console window, but i can't see it.

I'm on Win7, but I'll set up a Win 8.1 box next weekend and try to reproduce this.

Do you have any unusual Windows UI-settings (different theme, changes to System Properties -> Advanced -> Visual Effects, or even third party tools) ?

I'm on Win7, but I'll set up a Win 8.1 box next weekend and try to reproduce this.

Do you have any unusual Windows UI-settings (different theme, changes to System Properties -> Advanced -> Visual Effects, or even third party tools) ?
Thanks crowning. No, pretty boring on that front. Nothing like that.

I did set my monitor to 1440 from 4k and thought maybe it was off screen, but I've set it back, tried cascading windows, gone full screen, apt+tab, but still can't see it.

I did set my monitor to 1440 from 4k and thought maybe it was off screen, but I've set it back, tried cascading windows, gone full screen, apt+tab, but still can't see it.

Then the wallet's "Reset Options" button should do the trick. Qt can be a bit nasty when you change your screen resolution.

Then the wallet's "Reset Options" button should do the trick. Qt can be a bit nasty when you change your screen resolution.
No good. I tried it under a few different resolutions and reset and restarted wallet, but it eludes me still!

Hi Moli, it's 32bit

Just had a look crowning, it's HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dash\Dash-Qt (no testnet). Still ok to delete?
It's odd that the 32bit gives you trouble, normally i've heard complaints about the 64bit.
I haven't used win8.1 but it should be fine for you to delete the Dash folder from there. I've done it all the time with win vista. I've deleted the whole folders "Dash" and "Dash Core", it's safe to do it.

No, those are your non-testnet settings. Does a registry-search for "Dash-Qt-testnet" find anything?

He didn't mention testnet btw :wink:
If this happens on mainnet then this should be the right branch.
I would start with verifying/deleting nRPCConsoleWindowPos and nRPCConsoleWindowSize strings first.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!. Deleted nRPCConsoleWindowPos and nRPCConsoleWindowSize and started it up, worked straight away.

Thank you loads, all three of you. :grin:

He didn't mention testnet btw :wink:
If this happens on mainnet then this should be the right branch.
I would start with verifying/deleting nRPCConsoleWindowPos and nRPCConsoleWindowSize strings first.
Ok, Udjin, please explain why these two? I am learning something new here.. :)
Normally I don't know what causes what so i would just delete the whole folder.. lol

Ok, Udjin, please explain why these two? I am learning something new here.. :)
Normally I don't know what causes what so i would just delete the whole folder.. lol
Well, basically these two say where it (RPC Console window, that's how it's called) should be positioned (...Pos) and how it should be sized (...Size)

EDIT: if there are no values wallet just calculate/use defaults

Back