• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"DCG and DIF are requesting ~500 dash per month for the next 6 months for dash platform marketing warchest. Thank you."

One could argue that all the operational costs for the DIF are for legal expenses.

Partners have layers also. I feel like I've got lawyers coming out my ears.

The DIF is also exploring securing accounting help. I made the financials, and then I get questions, and no one knows the answer because none of us are accountants.

Best,

Darren

I don't think it's correct to say that the DIF is seeking funding for marketing. There are some investments that the DIF has made that involve marketing. However, that's incidental and not the main reason for the investment.

If anything, the DIF should be a net consumer of marketing. After launch of the Dash/CrayPay app the DIF will have an interest in promoting $6M of sales with the app over the next two years. I also believe this aligns with Dash/CrayPay user interest. DCG will also have this interest. The way the agreement is worded DCG “owns” the task of promoting these sales.

$6M of sales over 2 years. This happens if just 3,000 people spend $100 of dash a month for 20 months.

So DAO, there is a very specific goal for marketing. The real spirit of this thread is: How?

An expert in marketing (not me) should be the one to answer this question. There are several ways this could be set up.

1) DCG acquire marketing assets.
1a) Hire someone
1b) Pay a firm
2) DAO funds separate marketing group
3) DAO funds nothing and DIF partners promote their products.
4) I’m sure many multi party agreements are possible.

1 & 2 above could be done in conjunction. Benefit of competition with the drawback of duplication of resources.

I expect 3 will happen organically, with no further DAO outlay. We have said there is a new unannounced partner brought into the DIF. Call them Partner X. Now, of course, Partner X has a dash focused product. Partner X is currently building their own internal marketing resources. So if Partner X has earned media about their Dash product, they could mention advantages provided by Dash/CrayPay as a way to promote their own Dash product.

That is why I believe the DIF is the right escrow fund to handle the funds, public outreach is an investment in Dash' future.
That is what I see the DIF as, we have elected reps, just need to pay volunteer staff, none of this is easy work.

Last edited:
Yes Darren. Please get whatever help you need. Accounting is important. Maybe you can get informal help from one of your colleagues at ASU in the short term.

From Discord which has 100% support from Andy Freer

"No more airplanes, celebrity endorsements or paying for road trips etc.

The marketing budget in my opinion should be to fund hackathons, build community involvement, advertise professionally in specific channels, showcase platform and dapps using very high quality videos. This costs money and why a warchest is needed."

Hi guys, i'm new here but i just wanted that i really think marketing is extremely important. From what i understand the dash platform is in its final stages before release.
Considering the new request i was wondering what has been done so far in terms of marketing preparations?
What is the remaining work which the new funds will be used for?

I'm an IT project manager so i approach this as that. I like to see a plan with tasks, timeline and status. This is maybe available somewhere so i apologies beforehand.
And we do need to be organized and prepared to make a buzz when the platform goes out. This is a opportunity for Dash to show its muscles!

From Discord which has 100% support from Andy Freer

"No more airplanes, celebrity endorsements or paying for road trips etc.

The marketing budget in my opinion should be to fund hackathons, build community involvement, advertise professionally in specific channels, showcase platform and dapps using very high quality videos. This costs money and why a warchest is needed."

Targeted marketing delivers the most bang for your buck, we can't afford shotgun approaches that only drop enough birds for one supper.

Back