• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashWallet.com - First Dash-Exclusive Web Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashWallet.com

DEVELOPMENT OF EXCLUSIVE DASH-ONLY WEB WALLET - DASHWALLET.COM

DASH needs and should have an exclusive, Dash-only web based wallet. In order for Dash to expand further and reach our goal of becoming the world-wide 'Digital Cash' we need a user-friendly, intuitive and secure web wallet that even the most tech-illiterate can easily use. Our two biggest competitors (Bitcoin and Ethereum) have had exclusive web wallets for their coins for 1-2 years now, while Dash has had to settle with non-exclusive integration into typical software multi-wallets. Our goal at DashWallet.com is to finally change this once and for all and fill the void we have been missing for years with our exclusive Dash-only web wallet.

Our Background and Experience:

My name is Logan, and I'm the Owner of DashWallet.com I'm also the Founder of the leading US-based Website Brokerage Firm, founded in 2011. We have brokered more premium web properties valued from $1,000,000 - $10,000,000 than any other company over the past six years. We have worked directly with Fortune 500 companies in both the US and Canada, and have hundreds of Buy and Sell side clients in Europe and Asia. We understand what makes a successful website tick; prior to brokering a website we complete deep reviews and valuations. Analyzing every possible metric from Google Analyics traffic, Profit/Loss statements, employee roles, marketing budgets and performance, YouTube channel metric analysis, social media pulse, etc. All websites we review, evaluate, and sell generate between 5,000,000 - 30,000,000 unique monthly visitors. If our proposal is approved we believe DashWallet.com can also generate these type of unique monthly visitors, which will greatly increase DASH awareness and help onboard new DASH users.

As I want to be as upfront and honest as possible in this proposal I will say that we have had many interested parties ask about acquiring DashWallet.com from us. These interested parties have ranged from Founders/Board Members of competing cryptocurrencies, early adopters and well known BTC holders, BCH holders, and many wealthy fiat investors. As I'm a long time DASH supporter myself I've decided we should develop DashWallet.com and make sure it strictly benefits our DASH currency. If a competing cryptocurrency or BTC holder got a hold of the domain there is no knowing what they would do with it.

DashWallet.com Design and Functionality:

Our goal is to make DashWallet.com very similar to other top-notch web wallets such as Coinbase. We believe Coinbase has found a perfect middle ground in terms of ease-of-use and security for new cryptocurrency users. We will implement similar tutorials and explanations to ensure new users are to able to quickly and securely begin receiving, sending, and (eventually) buying/selling DASH within DashWallet.

Development Proposal Stage 1/3 (8/4/17 - 9/4/17):

During our first stage of development we will begin work on the core of DashWallet.com; the web wallet itself. Our wallet will be in an 'Open-Beta' stage during this time using the testnet so anyone can test our wallet while development is progressing. All source code for the web wallet itself will be open source, and users will control their own private keys. Our web wallet development will be lead by one of the top blockchain cryptocurrency wallet developers in the world. This developer has personally been involved with crypto since 2012 and has lead the development teams on two of the top 5 most used Bitcoin wallets in the world. This developer is in the top 3% in terms of hourly cost at $110 per hour, however we believe that only the very best and most experienced developer should lead DashWallet.com. Our Lead Developer is based in Seattle and will be working alongside our front-end/UX designer and an additional Back-end developer/security expert, both of whom he personally recommended and has worked with before. We believe their vast experience working together will greatly increase development speed, overall user experience and most importantly; top of the line security.

Our development team will be creating DashWallet.com from the ground up, the wallet itself will be open source, users will always have access to their private keys, and proof-of-funds will always be available to review. The goal of this stage of development is to have a working and peer-reviewed web wallet that is ready to enter a live, user-ready Alpha build to begin on-boarding new users by the end of Stage 1/3 on 9/04/17.

Core Wallet Features to be completed during this Stage:

• Open Beta of intuitive, secure, and easy-to-use Dash web wallet
  • Web Wallet will be open source and peer reviewable
  • Mobile-friendly design/functionality allows users same access and features on Smart Phone as they have on Desktop
  • Easy and seamless user registration process to ensure even the most tech illiterate users can easily setup their first DASH Wallet and begin using DASH
  • Intuitive Send and Receive DASH ability from inside user wallets similar to this layout -
  • User ability to manage all of their wallet addresses
  • User ability to export their private keys if they wish to move to another wallet
  • User security features and options such as 2FA, Confirmation when signing into account from new IP address, etc. Additional user-selectable security features such as the users ability to set max Send/Withdrawal limit per-day, email confirmation before DASH Send/Withdrawal is finalized, re-enter password before Send/Withdrawal is processed, etc.

Budget Overview for this stage (8/4/17 - 9/4/17):

(Allocated funds will be available for live review and audit on our Quickbooks accounting page. 75% of all unused funds will be donated to DASH Foundation, the remaining 25% will be carried over for use on the next Development Stage the following month)

• Lead Developer $110 per hour - estimated 300 hours, willing to be paid 75% in DASH
  • Backend Developer/Security programmer $75 per hour - estimated 125 hours, willing to be paid 50% in DASH
  • Lead Frontend/UX Designer $65 per hour - estimated 150 hours, willing to be paid 50% in DASH
  • Logan, DashWallet.com Founder and Project Manager - 25 DASH
  • Security Analysis and penetration testing provided by Synack or other large security firm $250 per hour - estimated 30 hours
  • DashWallet.com Bug-Bounty Program - 35 DASH
  • 5 Press Releases - $400 each

Twice-Weekly Project Updates:

One of our biggest strong suits is communication. We believe communication is key to a successful project, and we have used this strength of ours to run an extremely successful start-up over the past six years. Our work has taught us that timely and consistent project updates are key to a happy client and a healthy project. We will provide twice-weekly development reports for DashWallet.com here on Dash Central as well as on our development blog on DashWallet.com. We will answer all forum, comments, and Reddit replies within 1-2 hours.

Last edited:
Are you related to the scam site dash-wallet dot com ?

Sorry, but dash is going to get ultimate web wallet soon, it's called Dash Evolution.

Yes, with Evolution coming, a web wallet will be obsolete before it's even completed. And I certainly wouldn't consider using a URL so similar to that of a known scam site.

Are you related to the scam site dash-wallet dot com ?

Sorry, but dash is going to get ultimate web wallet soon, it's called Dash Evolution.

No, but we have seen the damage they have done to Dash which is one of the reasons we created DashWallet.com. It's a shame they have ripped so many people off, and is one of the main reasons it's important the DashWallet.com budget proposal is approved so we can secure the #1 spot on Google for 'Dash Wallet'. It certainly can't fill new users with much confidence when they search for 'Dash Wallet' for the first time and currently see a random leather wallet company completely unrelated to Dash showing up #1 on Google. Fixing this issue along with our extreme simplicity, user friendly UX, & top notch security features will allow every new Dash user to immediately jump in and begin sending/receiving coins. Our mission is to specifically cater to new users who are unfamiliar with Dash & Crypto in general, while also providing more advanced features for long time Dash guys such as ourselves.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you. We're nearly done adding the final part of our proposal which gives a long term picture of DashWallet.com. We think the long term view is the most exciting part!

EDIT: Here is our web brokerage company site, this should help ease everyones nerves on our reputable identity within the industry.

Logan, DashWallet.com

Last edited:
Yes, with Evolution coming, a web wallet will be obsolete before it's even completed. And I certainly wouldn't consider using a URL so similar to that of a known scam site.

I have to disagree on both fronts. Bitcoin and ETH both have multiple web-wallets, each provides similar functions, but at the same time they each have different features which benefit users. Additionally the main goal is to further expand Dash to as many users as possible - the more wallet services, the faster and easier this becomes. We all win.

One example of future development of DashWallet.com will be the ability to hold both Dash & Fiat in your wallet. This will of course include the ability to Buy & Sell Dash within the Wallet, something we will be able to quickly implement because of our experience brokering premium web properties. We currently have three clients of ours who are willing to sell us their FinCen MSB license which will instantly allow us to legally implement buy/sell Dash within DashWallet.com. It typically takes anywhere from 9-18 months to recieve approval for a FinCen MSB license if you go through the standard approval route. If Dash Evolution hasn't already filed for their license then there is going to be a very, very long wait before any sort of buy/sell features such as this come to Dash Evolution. We are confident we will be the first Dash Wallet to market with these features, and these are just the tip of the ice berg in terms of future features we have planned. More details on that will be added to the original post above.

Regarding our domain name, there simply isn't a better name than DashWallet.com for a Dash Wallet. Shapeshift owns EthereumWallet.com, a large crypto investor owns BitcoinWallet.com. Sorry, don't want to sound rude but there isn't a better domain for a Dash Wallet than ours.

Logan, DashWallet.com

Last edited:
As I want to be as upfront and honest as possible in this proposal I will say that we have had many interested parties ask about acquiring DashWallet.com from us. These interested parties have ranged from Founders/Board Members of competing cryptocurrencies, early adopters and well known BTC holders, BCH holders, and many wealthy fiat investors. As I'm a long time DASH supporter myself I've decided we should develop DashWallet.com and make sure it strictly benefits our DASH currency. If a competing cryptocurrency or BTC holder got a hold of the domain there is no knowing what they would do with it...

This isn't a proposal, it's an extortion letter.

Definite no on this 350,000 USD blackmail attempt. You're trying to use your control over that domain name as leverage to rip us off, but by all means, do what you please with that domain. I assure you, it won't see the time of day on any of the Dash channels I am administrating.

Curious timing btw. This prop appears around the same time the old scam wallet mysteriously disappeared. Crazy coincidence when you think about how much trouble tungfa, me and others had trying to get it delisted/blacklisted/shut down.

This isn't a proposal, it's an extortion letter.

Definite no on this 350,000 USD blackmail attempt. You're trying to use your control over that domain name as leverage to rip us off, but by all means, do what you please with that domain. I assure you, it won't see the time of day on any of the Dash channels I am administrating.

Curious timing btw. This prop appears around the same time the old scam wallet mysteriously disappeared. Crazy coincidence when you think about how much trouble tungfa, me and others had trying to get it delisted/blacklisted/shut down.

As mentioned I'm being completely honest about the other interested parties in this domain name. If you read my background you would see I founded & have managed the largest web brokerage company in the US for premium web properties valued from $1mm-$10mm since 2011. I even linked my company URL which is linked to my name and my reputation...not something one would risk if they were truly trying to scam the community. I actually didn't consider that the majority of people here (or anywhere for the matter) aren't familiar with the valuation of domain and web properties. It's my fault obviously, it's just second nature to me at this point as it's been my life for so long. Comparing a domain name like DashWallet.com that is valued between $400k-$500k, and that we paid a very substantial amount to acquire, with a scam website like dash-wallet is kind of insulting. However, I understand how it can look this way as 99% of people aren't familiar with valuations or the inner workings of web properties and it's something I overlooked when creating this proposal.

Just to clarify, this proposal is for Stage 1/3, and is for 489 Dash which is $95,000...not $350,000. The 489 Dash cover everything highlighted in this proposal. I was under the impression that the next steps/milestone details were to be posted after the first milestone was approved. This first stage is to get the web wallet running and online, make sure it is easy to use and intuitive for newcomers to Dash, and make it open source so it can be vetted by the community.

To give some basic ideas on the 2nd and 3rd stage of our proposal: The 2nd stage is to implement a Dash marketplace where users can post services and items for sale in exchange for Dash. Similar to an Ebay or Freelancer.com, but only in exchange for Dash. There are also several other features for Stage 2 such as user reviews for product & service delivery, custom Dash wallet profiles for each user to easily share their Dash profile with others, etc.

Stage 3 is to to acquire and implement the FinCen MSB through one of our brokerage clients who we have already discussed this with. This will allow DashWallet.com users to Buy/Sell Dash directly within DashWallet.com as well as hold Fiat in their wallet if they wish. Funds for Stage 3 will be nearly fully allocated on the acquisition of the MSB, but any remaining funds will be used to begin the creation of our DashWallet.com Exchange which will be the first Dash exclusive exchange.

Hopefully these additional details shine a little more light on what we have planned for DashWallet.com. If you think it's best we include the full Stage 2 and Stage 3 proposal details in our original budget proposal we will do so now.

- Logan, DashWallet.com

If you read my background you would see I founded & have managed the largest web brokerage company in the US for premium web properties valued from $1mm-$10mm since 2011.
We have brokered more premium web properties valued from $1,000,000 - $10,000,000 than any other company over the past six years.
Is there some way to verify this claim? Even if true, your company seems to be pretty much a one-man show, so it seems like you are majorly over-representing your company's status here. You said yourself in this interview that you are in a niche market and you aren't really aware of many/any other companies who do this at all.

This will of course include the ability to Buy & Sell Dash within the Wallet, something we will be able to quickly implement because of our experience brokering premium web properties. We currently have three clients of ours who are willing to sell us their FinCen MSB license which will instantly allow us to legally implement buy/sell Dash within DashWallet.com.
How does that follow logically? If you own a successful web brokerage company, then the only thing you have demonstrated is that you are good at trading or selling websites. Not developing them, working with cryptocurrencies, offering a marketplace and financial services. Do you have any experience in these areas?

As I want to be as upfront and honest as possible in this proposal I will say that we have had many interested parties ask about acquiring DashWallet.com from us. These interested parties have ranged from Founders/Board Members of competing cryptocurrencies, early adopters and well known BTC holders, BCH holders, and many wealthy fiat investors. As I'm a long time DASH supporter myself I've decided we should develop DashWallet.com and make sure it strictly benefits our DASH currency. If a competing cryptocurrency or BTC holder got a hold of the domain there is no knowing what they would do with it...
As mentioned I'm being completely honest about the other interested parties in this domain name.
It sounds very much like you're trying to sell DashWallet.com.
Also can you demonstrate that you are a long time DASH supporter, or are we to take your word for it?

a domain name like DashWallet.com that is valued between $400k-$500k
I was under the impression that your company brokers established websites that already have traffic (which is what you advertise on your site) to connect site owners with potential buyers. Not squat on domain names?

During our first stage of development we will begin work on the core of DashWallet.com; the web wallet itself. Our wallet will be in an 'Open-Beta' stage during this time using the testnet so anyone can test our wallet while development is progressing. All source code for the web wallet itself will be open source, and users will control their own private keys. Our web wallet development will be lead by one of the top blockchain cryptocurrency wallet developers in the world. This developer has personally been involved with crypto since 2012 and has lead the development teams on two of the top 5 most used Bitcoin wallets in the world. This developer is in the top 3% in terms of hourly cost at $110 per hour, however we believe that only the very best and most experienced developer should lead DashWallet.com. Our Lead Developer is based in Seattle and will be working alongside our front-end/UX designer and an additional Back-end developer/security expert, both of whom he personally recommended and has worked with before. We believe their vast experience working together will greatly increase development speed, overall user experience and most importantly; top of the line security.
Who is it?

Ordinarily I would not be so skeptical of somebody but you are making a lot of claims here and the reputation you say you have, I'm not really seeing it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back