• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[dashninja.pl] Dash Masternode Ninja - Free Masternode Monitoring

Reporting I2P is now working on the new server (same address as before).

Still not working :
- Port scanner : waiting for dedicated IPv4 to be delivered (it was ordered on 25/12...).
- Explorer : not the final certificate nor IPv4.

Finally got the IPs.
Explorer is now with correct certificate and final IPv4 (IPv6 is unchanged).
It displays an error :
Code:
Can't connect to dashd to get live updates from the p2p network. (Tried connecting to dashd at : and failed.)
No idea why but is seems to work anyway.

Next step is to bring up the port checker.

Portchecker is back online and should be much quicker than before. :)
Still only checks every hour to avoid spamming.
You can whitelist portchecker.dashninja.pl if you want.
It only sends a version packet and reads the reply.

Side changes :
The protx json file should be as fresh as possible everytime it is generated now (it bypasses cache).
Hopefully this will not overload the server. It is more than fine atm.

Next for Dash Ninja :
I still need to do some stuff on the server admin side, but it is pretty good now (albeit the weird error message in Insight).
Then I will start working on the improvements of the code.
I have spend between 2 and 3 days of work already this month setting up the server and migrating Dash Ninja there.
But that still give some time for code improvements.
The small fixes I did here and there are not yet submitted to Github, I will do that asap.

Fixes:
Governance votes are working again (retrieved in database and shown).
Triggers should also be fixed and this should fix the payment detection for governance objects but I need to check on next superblock.
Protocol description updated.

Github status:
All code changes are on github repositories.

Little end of the first month update :
The server is running smoothly.
I am currently working on the protx (deterministic masternode) detail page. It isn't ready for production yet, I hope to have it for next month.
It is taking more time because I am also using this new page to learn the new Bootstrap version (the current pages uses v3).

Thanks again ! It is good to be able to work on Dash Ninja without fears for my family income. :)

End of February 2021 update :
I used only 2 days of work this month, mainly for maintenance on the server and still learning the Bootstrap new version (my front-end stuff is rusty).
I won't be asking for funding yet because I can still maintain another month with the Q1 funding.

Plan :
For March/April I still got 6 days (dev/maintenance) + server (rental fee).
I might add a testnet server (much smaller) so I can test the new Dash versions beforehand.

End of Mars 2021 update :
I couldn't work at all on Dash Ninja in March.
My work as CIO on my company took all my time, sorry for that (for me too, I love working on DN).
And I seem to be having some sort of allergy since 2 months that prevent me from doing anything past 6pm (strong headaches).
I am sure my time will be more free on the coming months.
Hopefully as soon as this month (France decisions regarding Covid are not helping me).
That means the only budget used this month was for the server rental fee.

Plan :
Next budget will therefore probably be for Q3 in May or June.
Still 6 days of dev in budget. Should cover the next months.

Is there any chance you could squish the right frame a bit, maybe make the mn address a shorter link? Scrolling left and right is "teh suck".

Not sure why you are posting that without a word.
My initial proposal for Q1 was fulfilled almost completely. I was able to reach most of the goals ahead of budget :
Dash Ninja works with current version has a standalone server that works much better and faster.
It's true I was not able to improve the code for 2 months (strong IRL changes that were not anticipated) and that's still something I want to do, but I haven't spend the budget. It is still there and I will not ask for more budget until it is done. I am using part of the dev time to pay for the rental of the server that's all that was spent during April and for May.
I am very transparent, the code is open source and published. I don't like to bullshit that's why I told it as it was.
I too would have prefered to be working part time on Dash Ninja, but that did not work as expected. I know I will be able in May.

If you want to implement the changes expected, go ahead, send a pull request. We can discuss before the estimated time and you will get part of the budget.
If anyone send me a pull request for the features I will be glad to send them part of the budget as long as there is still available, honestly. Go ahead.

End of Mai 2021 update :
The new ProTx Masternode detail page is live. For ex : https://www.dashninja.pl/protx.html...d658d91c6a64c85e34411b72b309fcd0477bc271283cd
Using Bootstrap v5 with the new design I want to use for the whole site and better responsive tables.
Updated the monitoring nodes to 0.17.0.2.

Plan :
Next budget will therefore probably be for Q3 in July.
Still 3 days of dev in budget. Should cover the next 2 months.

So, I don't know who all is aware of the freenode IRC drama (I'm certainly not up to speed on both sides of the situation myself). Bottom line is though, the DashNinja bot didn't manage to arrive when the network switched over. Given I have extensive experience with eggdrop, I'm offering to help keep this part of DashNinja alive. I realize most use Discord these days, but I really would like to keep our IRC presence.

Freenode switched ircd's, so different services, and no automatic migration for channels/users. I managed to get them to make an exception for #dashpay given Evan (the # founder) hasn't been on IRC in forever and I was one of the only remaining active operators. As a side note, I would like to give some other trusted community members power there, so we don't risk another situation similar to this in the future.

End of June 2021 update :
Updated the monitoring nodes to 0.17.0.3.

Plan :
June was much busier than I thought... IRL at it again. :-(
Therefore still the same 3 days of dev in budget. Should cover the next 2 months.
Next budget will therefore probably be for the rest of the year in August.

So, I don't know who all is aware of the freenode IRC drama (I'm certainly not up to speed on both sides of the situation myself). Bottom line is though, the DashNinja bot didn't manage to arrive when the network switched over. Given I have extensive experience with eggdrop, I'm offering to help keep this part of DashNinja alive. I realize most use Discord these days, but I really would like to keep our IRC presence.

Freenode switched ircd's, so different services, and no automatic migration for channels/users. I managed to get them to make an exception for #dashpay given Evan (the # founder) hasn't been on IRC in forever and I was one of the only remaining active operators. As a side note, I would like to give some other trusted community members power there, so we don't risk another situation similar to this in the future.

Hey GNULinuxGuy, I would be happy to help.
I am not on IRC anymore unfortunately. But we can think of something about the eggdrop.
I try to keep it running when I get info it is down.
What would help you? Getting elevated access to it? Don't hesitate in contacting me in private to coordinate this.

En of year 2021 update:
Hope you all had a very good 2021 despite the pandemic.
For me it was much more busy than I anticipated. My tourism agency required much more attention than I anticipated.
Regarding Dash Ninja : all in all the budget I foresaw for 3 months was able to cope with the server, maintenance and the dev I did for the full year.

What I plan to do for next year :
Ask for the server budget for 1 year + some days of maintenance for the year (I am thinking 6).
Server is 100 USD/month, the full year would be 1200 USD.
1 day of maintenance is 400 USD, so for 6 days = 2400 USD.
3600 USD, that's a little more than 23 DASH with current prices.

Hi,

I've noticed a few issues with dashninja:

1. masternode payments are not shown for superblocks. For example, block 1644984 is a superblock which paid the masternode with proTxHash 09e008fc2cd4c879f1e0da862e99965b001089e3f9aae1d499832348a33c6c27 (payee address Xq3WSbmQRFnnEVQpgszBmjvtjMcsn9NcZ5). But https://www.dashninja.pl/protx.html...0da862e99965b001089e3f9aae1d499832348a33c6c27 doesn't show any payment to this masternode for block 1644984:

1649236111804.png

Similarly, the /api/blocks endpoint isn't returning payments for superblocks:

Code:
$ curl  -s 'https://www.dashninja.pl/api/blocks?testnet=0&pubkeys=\["Xq3WSbmQRFnnEVQpgszBmjvtjMcsn9NcZ5"\]&interval=P1M' | jq '.data.blocks[]|{BlockId,IsSuperBlock}'
{ "BlockId": 1649237, "IsSuperBlock": false }
{ "BlockId": 1640687, "IsSuperBlock": false }
{ "BlockId": 1636402, "IsSuperBlock": false }

2. The https://www.dashninja.pl/protx.html will show payments for other masternodes with the same payee address. For example, there are two nodes with payee XqR7TdXp2GNcNuSi6PEEhvf9Q48Me9J5wD:
dashninja is showing the same masternode payments for both and the total paid value is the combined amount. I think this is a bug and when you load https://www.dashninja.pl/protx.html...75a20bde28d9807c134586a887d45a7d07622b461af9d it should only show the payments for the masternode with that specific proTxHash.

It would also be great if the /api/blocks endpoint could be modified to either:
  1. include the protxhash or collateraladdress in the response body so callers could distinguish which payment went to which masternode when there are multiple nodes with the same payee address
  2. accept a parameter for protxhash or collateraladdress so callers could request only payments for a specific masternode
I hope this is the right place to report this. Please let me know if not.

Back