• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dashd died multiple times today, VSP claims not their end

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
Today dashd died multiple times, starting around 00:30 UTC. Didn't see any unusual load, disk / memory usage. Been stable the past 5 hours, fingers crossed.

My guess was something at the VSP but they deny everything, of course. Hoping v18 is more stable.

Btw, a different VSP with half the specs, dashd didn't die at all. Ideas?

Today dashd died multiple times, starting around 00:30 UTC. Didn't see any unusual load, disk / memory usage. Been stable the past 5 hours, fingers crossed.

My guess was something at the VSP but they deny everything, of course. Hoping v18 is more stable.

Btw, a different VSP with half the specs, dashd didn't die at all. Ideas?

There was an outage on Chainlocks yesterday, DCG had to use a spork to get the network to start locking again.
Service disruptions are probably the result of that.

I noticed a problem with Dash Central yesterday (it could not fetch data from any of my masternodes) and on dashninja.pl there were also a few closed ports on my masternodes. So i ended up doing some Linus updates and rebooting my VPS server. That fixed the Dash Central not being able to fetch data problem, but even today i am still seeing some closed port issues on dashninja.pl eventhough my masternodes are working fine.

So i have a feeling that dashninja is currently providing some false positives on the closed port status of certain masternodes and i also feel a server reboot could possibly be enough, now that the spork was used to trigger the network to lock again ?

I did not noticed any 'IO error ... Too many open files' error in my debug logs yesterday or any other problems in my debug logs, so this could be totally unrelated.
Just keep in mind that dashninja.pl is not always accurately showing the port status of the masternodes.

I do wonder if a server reboot would be enough to clear the 'IO error ... Too many open files' error that is being referenced.
See also this post on Reddit :

Last edited:
I noticed a problem with Dash Central yesterday (it could not fetch data from any of my masternodes) and on dashninja.pl there were also a few closed ports on my masternodes. So i ended up doing some Linus updates and rebooting my VPS server. That fixed the Dash Central not being able to fetch data problem, but even today i am still seeing some closed port issues on dashninja.pl eventhough my masternodes are working fine.

So i have a feeling that dashninja is currently providing some false positives on the closed port status of certain masternodes and i also feel a server reboot could possibly be enough, now that the spork was used to trigger the network to lock again ?

I did not noticed any 'IO error ... Too many open files' error in my debug logs yesterday or any other problems in my debug logs, so this could be totally unrelated.
Just keep in mind that dashninja.pl is not always accurately showing the port status of the masternodes.

I do wonder if a server reboot would be enough to clear the 'IO error ... Too many open files' error that is being referenced.
See also this post on Reddit :

And what about mnowatch.org/dash-stats ? Does it works correctly for your masternodes?

mnowatch.org/dash-stats shows enabled (E) for all my masternodes, i just checked.
dashninja.pl on the other hand sometimes finds closed ports with enabled masternodes, even after a next port check.
Currently dashninja.pl shows all open ports for my masternodes, so that self cleared at some point.

Last edited:
Back