• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashCam.Life - Dash profitable use case

AgnewPickens

Staff member
Chief Sock Advisor
DashCam.Life

Pre-proposal

Introduction

DashCam will be a website dedicated to deliver an adult entertainment platform that pays cam performers directly in Dash. We are still aggregating costs for launch and numbers on the revenue side, but this is a platform that could produce a profit in a short timeframe. I am able to raise the 5 Dash for a proposal fee as I work on the final numbers but am accepting donations or loans toward the proposal fee at this address dedicated to DashCam.

XehdE54VrHH2Peb6jv4oqdnuPRBZ4J8EK1

I have ongoing costs associated with the launch of this project, so help would be appreciated.

Plan Outline

Domain names have already been paid for a full year across 5 extensions, but sites will redirect to dashcam.life once I have secured hosting for adult content. My webmaster, Jason Eagletree of Richland PC, a Discover Dash merchant, will be the webmaster and will accept payment in Dash, estimated cost for design, delivery, and maintenance for the website is $1500 in Dash.

Estimated starting packages for adult content hosting are from $240/yr and must be paid in fiat.

Performers will receive a signup bonus of 1 Dash that is unlocked once they have completed 5 webcam sessions. Performers will be paid exclusively in Dash, currently, we are recruiting webcam performers in Venezuela, which puts Dash working in a region where we are looking for more adoption. @paolita Paola X, is working with us to generate numbers for the revenue side.

We WILL accept fiat payments from customers but will give a bonus system for Dash payments. Perfomers are not paid by users directly but get tipped in stars. So for instance, a user signs up, buys a package of stars either in fiat or Dash and gets access to the performers feeds. Users who pay in Dash will receive a 20% bonus in stars to fiat users, encouraging use of Dash as the preferred payment provider.

I have reached out to PumaPay for information on setup costs and fees and am waiting to hear back from them, if their setup costs are too high, we will seek another payment rail. 30% of our starting budget will be directed toward web and Instagram advertising and user perks for signing up. We plan to offer up to 4 live performers per time slot from our website. The typical earnings for a webcam performer vary from $15-50 per session and website revenue will come from user payments for stars.

Our Team

Michael Veloff, owner/manager, @AgnewPickens
Jason Eagleston, webmaster
Paola X, consulting/recruiting/execution, @paolita on Dash Talk
Jhoan Brito Gomez, graphic design @O-Z-A-R-K on Dash Talk

Conclusion

Dash has the potential to be a great payment solution for this industry, and with many webcam performers working in countries with marginal economies, creates a employment base that will support merchant adoption efforts in regions of the world like Venezuela. Please respond with your questions and concerns regarding this pre-proposal as the details of a final plan are being hammered out by our team.

Thank you,

AgnewPickens.

Last edited:
I see how this could spur adoption in the regions listed. One more nudge towards adoption in the places where needed.

Good plan.

I see how this could spur adoption in the regions listed. One more nudge towards adoption in the places where needed.

Good plan.

Thanks Blake,

Still ironing out the details and this won't go to full proposal until after this cycle But I'd like to thank the two donors that contributed to the proposal fee fund, that is less
that I have to dip into my crypto savings.

Would be interesting to know what your competitors are. I would think that this is a pretty crowded space.

It is a crowded space, but the cam performers tend to use more than one platform and the more popular ones have regulars that will follow them. No other
webcam service is being built specifically around crypto as a payment option for its performers, targeting VE to recruit where we have sufficient merchant density that
performers can use their Dash payments directly for goods and services helps close a loop in that region, I have already supported Paola for the work she
has done for this project so far in crypto out of my pocket, which she is happy to accept, in addition to which, Dash, with its privacy features is a perfect coin
for this industry.

There are a lot of small successful niche webcam sites, the chief challenge will be to find reliable adult content hosting and a fiat rail.

GoCoin does not prohibit adult entertainment payments and will likely be the plug in we use for crypto, as the setup costs are low. I checked their ToS.

Even offering fiat ramps for users, the performers get paid in Dash, so we will be net buyers of Dash to pay our performers once we reach sufficient size.

Last edited:
There is a clear path to profitability if we succeed in recruiting enough performers in VE, the overhead costs can quickly be covered, and I will be asking for minimal
salary for myself to manage this project as a startup, bulk of the startup costs will be getting the website and hosting and promoting the new website, I don't antcipate
a large ask for this proposal, and if the model is successful, we should be in the black and self-sufficient within a few months.

Shopping for an adult hosting package tonight, DashCam will move forward with or without Treasury funding, mostly just looking to jump start it with funds I need
to recruit webcam performers in VE and pay to advertise the website. Covid-19 has really spiked numbers for adult content websites.

If you want to check on our progress so far, our #dashcam channel is now open to public view on Dash Talk Discord.

I am still paying for all of this out of my own pocket and accepting donations as I move forward with DashCam.

Static funding address.

Hosting has been secured and hooked up to the domain

dashcam.life

I will be moving toward proposal now that I am ready for funding, I have spent a lot out of my own pocket and am still accepting donations for the proposal fee.

DashCam static funding address.

Back