• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash World: Evolution in Marketing (budget proposal)

If you own a masternode and don't have time to read this proposal you can listen to the interview here,

This should help you understand the goals behind the Dash World Budget Proposal.

Also I'm wondering, why are none of the core guys showing feedback here? I see many other proposals getting discussion, It looks like greyghost is talking to himself here. If you don't like it speak up. If you like it speak up. If you don't wanna vote that's cool it's your choice not too. But if you are going to vote at least do your due diligence and read the proposal or listen to this interview.

no offence
but me personal I stopped posting on proposal discussions as it takes so much time to get proper involved there
I just do not have the time , and try to concentrate on work and not proposals , the votes will decide anyway

no offence
but me personal I stopped posting on proposal discussions as it takes so much time to get proper involved there
I just do not have the time , and try to concentrate on work and not proposals , the votes will decide anyway

Thats the same reasoning that will get Trump or Hillary elected! Cmon man!

I do think we need a way to condense these proposal discussions though....

I really hope this gets funded too, it is definitely needed. As a lot of you know I wrote this article the other day (link) which analysed most of the top 10 cryptocurrencies in the market and explained what niche they provide. I must say, most of the top 10 coins explain their niche really well on their website. Go have a look at Factom, Maidsafe's and Ethereum's website for instance, it is really appealing and gets straight to their selling point.
When you compare these websites with ours you will notice that they are leagues ahead of us in defining their product and pushing their selling points. In comparison our website just says - heres some information now read and see if you can find anything interesting.
Lisa Cheng from Vanbex group has worked with Factom, Ethereum, Keepkey and more and mentioned in this interview that she will get straight into a marketing audit and then revamp the information on the website to define and push our selling points. She has plenty to offer and is exactly what we need at this point.

So please everyone, look into this proposal properly. We are clearly lacking in this area and urgently need to define our product and push it before the next swarm of cryptocurrency adoption comes around. If I was a newbie, I would take one look at our site and leave onto another one which actually told me their selling points.

after watching the interview i voted yes but it does not look like it will pass this time. hopefully they will resubmit it and lower the price tag as DASH has gone up a lot since it was proposed.
we definitely need a marketing audit and clear strategy moving forward.

Many of you know that I was one of the most vocal supporters of the Transform PR initiative. I understand that there are a still a lot of hurt feelings, mine included. I have seen some people comment in Slack and other places that they are voting "no" to this proposal because "their" proposal was voted down. As one of the staunchest supporters of Transform PR, I ask everybody not to let schadenfreude stand in the way of progress.

Ethereum just landed a major article in the New York Times and their price immediately spiked by 20%. Who knows what the "long tail" effects will be; that's just the initial boost. Does anybody here really think that an NYT editor just happened to stumble upon the Ethereum project one day when surfing the web? Of course not. Ethereum has a very good PR firm on retainer, and their PR is almost certainly what caught the attention of the NYT staff.

Dash has already solved several of Bitcoin's problems (lack of privacy, slow confirmation, poor governance, centralized funding) and is working on solving even more (ease of access, preventing 51% attacks, sharding/quorums, blockchain pruning, mining decentralization). What that means, folks, is that right now we are actually technically superior to Bitcoin. What's the problem then? Why do we have the marketcap of a medium-sized family business?

Nobody knows about Dash. Nobody ever told them.

We're like a group of people shouting in the desert that they've found a free unlimited energy supply. But nobody hears them.

Please put aside your personal feelings about the last PR initiative (I have) and vote yes for this proposal.

Cheers,

David

David, I actually agree with you on this one. This proposal is well thought out. This type of marketing is what we need. Specific targeted actions for certain audiences. What good is a Dash logo ad if there is nothing giving someone a reason to click on it? We need ads that say "Masternode investments earn 12% ROI see dash.org". These are ads that create action. And combining certain activites, they are calling them the microeconomy, to better advertise and illustrate Dash advantages is great.

GreyGhost literally wrote the book on SEO, just think what he can do with dash.org and other dash websites. Dr BobLQ has been involved with Dash since it was Darkcoin. His python expertise along with the connecting the dots thinking is a big advantage. The key is that this proposal sets up marketing in a way that is targeted and provides the metrics needed to gauge what future marketing campaigns are successful.

Now that the public awareness proposal has basically been closed to work on exchanges, this is the time to vote on this proposal with a renewed focus on marketing with expert guidance.

PLEASE VOTE for Dash World V.2 at
https://www.dashwhale.org/p/DashWorld-v.2

It is the same as this Dash World: Evolution in Marketing "original" proposal. Only that we have listened to the community's concerns regarding DASH's increased price (from $4.51 to $7.00) and have incorporated them into this new proposal that now reflects a new price.

Instead of 1,175 DASH the same dollar value is in 775 DASH requested.

Thank you for your votes and sorry for the inconvenience. But we believe saving the community 400 DASH is worth another "YES" vote.

Great to see all the YES votes.
All the community efforts are great and needed but if we want to reach out further than the current crypto-world we really need professional and structured help from people who know marketing but also know our product and the space we live in.

GreyGhost, I see you have updated what you're all doing on Dashwhale, but it would be nice if you were to cross post here as it's easier to discuss things here. Plus, non-masternode owners hang out here more so than DashWhale. Anyway, the proposal to attend the ... what is it called? d10e? convention sounds interesting. I'm wondering how you're going to get the Dash and Drink machine across the country? Sounds like a big road trip, LOL.

GreyGhost, I see you have updated what you're all doing on Dashwhale, but it would be nice if you were to cross post here as it's easier to discuss things here. Plus, non-masternode owners hang out here more so than DashWhale. Anyway, the proposal to attend the ... what is it called? d10e? convention sounds interesting. I'm wondering how you're going to get the Dash and Drink machine across the country? Sounds like a big road trip, LOL.

Alot of chatter is happening in Slack pertaining to this event.

I hope to be there and from what I've heard @eduffield is speaking ( he has 2 slots) and the DashNDrink machine will be there as well. I know @Buster already is planning on going and possibly a few other people. Vanbex will also be there and @lisacheng is speaking, correct Lisa?

http://www.d10e.org/

oh you are right, I guess it worked out well since the conference was a big success. Sorry it looked to me on dashwhale like there was one payment remaining.

Unicorn rainboass your proposal needs more toping, add 5 flavors of the rainbow.

I think most of the marketing should go into writing article,s since it seems that DASH is not enough on the crypto news cycle. Most of the news right now have been about Ethereum, every single sneeze and twist that ethereum makes, make a week's slot of news across different channels. DASH would need to get to a point where at least 1 post gets out by the major Crypto news outlet. I think the way to get through this is to capture more devoted audience just like Amanda did or other blog/youtube personalities.
IMO, having more articles and ideas could really have readers of crypto pay more attention to DASH.
A good venue is to promote the DASH merchants as more and more people are asking 'what can I buy with DASH right now?'. If there are no merchants on their area DASH is nothing more than a token or altcoin to speculate and then go back to Bitcoin (and eventually to FIAT). But if a business in the area has DASH then at least it becomes something real that they can get real stuff with it.

Back