• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Watch Renewal Pre-Proposal April 15 2018

Would you support this proposal?

• Yes for the amount we believe is sufficient

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Yes for a slightly lower amount and slightly reduced scope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes for a significantly lower amount and significantly lower scope

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No not for any amount

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear Dashwatchteam,

Can you point somes proposals than Dashwatch point as scam/fail who are in the queue at this time, i dont find the way to just list them.

Regards,

Last edited:
Dear Dashwatchteam,

Can you point somes proposals than Dashwatch point as scam/fail who are in the queue at this time, i dont find the way to just list them.

Regards,

Hi JoL, at this point in time we do not call any proposals scams or fails, we would need very explicit evidence that there was a scam. In our current system, we have Abandoned, Obstructed, In-Progress, Delayed and Completed as proposal statuses. We will be working on a stoplight system of gauging proposals - Green = No concerns with proposal progress, Orange = Some concerns, Red = Major concerns. This can then be filtered and listed on our website for MNOs and community members to investigate.

Can you provide me some exemples of what is in green, orange and red, to help me to take decision ?

At this time i have the impression than every proposals are ok, past and present, in DW.

After 2h of discution with Paragon in private (he save you from my artistical english), i have all information i need to vote yes.

Good luck with your proposal.

Hey, I’m Matt from Dash Watch. I’ve been working on our back-end data the past few weeks and I’d like to show you some things we can now do with our data:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcscff10tmn0xnk/2018-04-25 DashWatch Graphs.pdf?dl=0

So basically we can combine our tags with other data (like funding and location) to give some insight into past treasury proposals. I’d like to know whether you MNO’s find this sort of data useful. Should I continue working on this? (Organising and presenting our collected data to show the interesting things that are in there will still take quite some work.)

*Be cautious with these results though. They’re based on our real data, but I have yet to verify my filters and code. Also some of the data still need some work.

Last edited:
I see a lot of proposals in dashwatch having the status "On Budget, Underfunded due to depreciation"

How comes and these proposals are underfunded, in case they have only 1 month proposal cycle?
I mean, if the proposal owners were afraid of depreciation, they could exchange the dash immediatly.
So, for all these 1 month cycle proposals, the depreciation is their own fault and they should not use it as an excuse, neither dashwatch should present it as excuse.

I can’t speak for Dash Watch, but the Dash Bug Bounty program is fully funded to August 2019. We have a reserve that is held in Dash, which is subject to price fluctuations. When the price is relatively low, we are less active on the PR front, but the program continues to operate.

Back