• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android [testnet]

HashEngineering

This topic is closed. Future discussion of the TestNet version of the app will be here:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-wallet-for-android-v5-testnet.14775/

The testnet version of the Dash Wallet for Android has been updated for the v12.1 testnet.

This version is for testing only. This app is not for regular users. Such testing includes:
  1. Test with other apps under development. Does Dash Wallet communicate well?
  2. Test with other programs under development, including Dash Core [testnet] v0.12.1.x.
As of today, November 7, more changes were made to this app to get it to work with the testnet:
1. Address Version changed from 139 to 140 ('y')
2. Difficulty adjustment changes for testnet only. The app will sync with the blockchain.
3. Other updates for verifying masternodes.

Includes other fixes (same as MainNet version):
  1. Retore wallet on fresh install without crashing
  2. Updated to fix bugs with sending transactions (fees to low, dust).
  3. Removed buggy Lite Mode.
  4. Decreased required peers to 3 in light connectivity issues.

Let us know if there are any problems.

Download:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v4.65.12.1R

Source:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dashj/tree/dash-12.1 (dashj)
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/tree/dash-12.1 (dash-wallet)

Known Issues:
1. Periodic Network connectivity problems.

Last edited:
When sending InstantSend transactions I cant send them. It says not enough coins while it is not true. Probably a bug.

At first wallet was pretty slow but after some minutes the wallet was instantly receiving payments.

EDIT:
I really love progress made on wallet. Thanks

When sending InstantSend transactions I cant send them. It says not enough coins while it is not true. Probably a bug.

At first wallet was pretty slow but after some minutes the wallet was instantly receiving payments.

EDIT:
I really love progress made on wallet. Thanks
You probably have to wait 6 confirmations after you received some coins.

That is correct. Before sending with InstantSend, there must be 6 confirmations on the coins being sent. This is the same behavior as the Dash Core v0.12.1 as I noticed in testnet mode.

After receiving IS payment I should still wait whole six confirmations?

yes
InstantSend is about making instant payments , not about receiving / sending onwards right away (saver that way)

After receiving IS payment I should still wait whole six confirmations?
In previous version I`ve noticed that whatever tx you receive OR even if send you need to wait 6 conf before you can move the coins forward, IX and normal tx always 6 conf is needed..

The TestNet app has been worked on for the Dash v12.1. We haven't released it yet, but will soon.

Code for dashj has been updated, but not yet tested as part of the app. After I do my testing I will post it on GitHub.

We have put the testnet version on hold while we fix issues with the current app. Additionally some changes to 12.1 have been made and we will have to update the app before releasing it for testnet.

will the 'old' 11 version work in 12.1 ?
or is there any 'advice' i should post somewhere ?

We will find out tomorrow.

The Dash Wallet app currently is 12.0. The best case is that everything will work fine. If not, then InstantSend will not work (for sending or receiving). Worst case is that the app is completely dead because it cannot connect to the Dash Network. It will be fixed within one/two days.

I should have made the Dash Wallet app compatible with 12.0 and 12.1, but didn't. The 12.1 version that was tested on the TestNet will be changed to MainNet.

have a test.

Test result : receving
1. receving IS tx works
2. IS tx received can't be spend till 6 conf, but wallet show can spend right away

Test result : sending
1. sending IS works
2. need to change fee from 0.01 to (0.001 * number of input tx)
3. max number of input tx is limited to 100.

Thanks for testing. In the new APK (link in OP) we fixed the issue of InstantSend Fee's.

The code already checks for 100 inputs, though there is no error message set up for it.

Back