• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back HashEngineering. I am curious about this smartwatch: it would be very cool to have a DASH wallet in one of these.

How hard do you believe it would be for a very lightweight wallet to be developed for it (Tizen OS)? Or, maybe the solution would be still having the wallet in a (bluetooth?) connected smartphone... but if the user could have access and control over it from the watch it would be amazing.

Cheers

P.S. please, also have a look here; I have ordered a big banner with a QR encoded link to the Android Dash Wallet on Google Play. It will be exposed during the months of August and September on a Tennis Tournament here in my town ( I guess there will be many new users around here trying DASH with their Android devices soon :smile:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I have a quick question. I have a wallet on a tablet with busted screen but the tablet still works. I want to extract the wallet from it and transfer it to my mobile phone. Is that possible? If yes, what is the path to the wallet? I can't find .dat file

Hey, I have a quick question. I have a wallet on a tablet with busted screen but the tablet still works. I want to extract the wallet from it and transfer it to my mobile phone. Is that possible? If yes, what is the path to the wallet? I can't find .dat file

There's a backup option in your android wallet. In order to use the same addresses (wallet) in another device, simply make the backup, and copy the backup file (found inside the "download" folder of your original device) to your new device (also into its "download" folder). Now you've simply got to "restore" your wallet in the new device using its backup tool menu.

Also, see here:
* first of all, for "your safety", make a (spare back-up) copy of the back-up file, just in case.

Ok, to restore your former backed-up wallet, you simply have to save a copy of the back-up file into the "download" folder of your android device.

Now, in the Wallet App go to the "back up" menu option, and then, "Restore private keys": it will read your back-up file saved in the "downloads" folder, and will resync with the network.

*After recovering your coins, I advise you to send all of them to a newly created address, in a fresh new wallet (so my advice is that you stop using the old lost wallet addresses - in Android you can ditch the old addresses, and have the App to create completely new ones, in "applications > Manage applications > select the DASH wallet icon > Force stop > Clear data > clear cache" ... At least that's how I'd do it) just in case someone finds it and gains control over it.*

I hope my "tutorial" was not too messed, I am terrible in giving clear directions :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a backup option in your android wallet. In order to use the same addresses (wallet) in her device, simply make the backup, and copy the backup file (found inside the "download" folder of your original device) to your new device (also into its "download" folder). Now you've simply got to "restore" your wallet in the new device using its backup tool menu.

Also, see here:
Yeah I kind of knew that but the problem is that I don't have the back up file therefore I want to extract the original wallet.dat file and copy it into my phone's wallet overriding the wallet on my phone. The thing is, I can't locate wallet.dat file on my tablet with broken screen.

Yeah I kind of knew that but the problem is that I don't have the back up file therefore I want to extract the original wallet.dat file and copy it into my phone's wallet overriding the wallet on my phone. The thing is, I can't locate wallet.dat file on my tablet with broken screen.

Ah, ok, now I understand better your situation: your device's screen is so busted that you cannot use it (to make a new backup, for example). * My device's screen is also busted, but as I can still use the touch screen I continue using it normally while my new phone arrives (probably this weekend :smile:).

I hope you get a solution soon.

Is your phone MHL-enabled? try to connect it to a tv

I am not sure how to get the wallet file out of a device with a busted screen. the file is under the /data/data/hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet folder, which can only be accessed by the app itself or on a rooted device.

I am not sure how to get the wallet file out of a device with a busted screen. the file is under the /data/data/hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet folder, which can only be accessed by the app itself or on a rooted device.
ok thanks, It looks like I will have to replace the screen to get back my DASH :(

Good News, in my testing I have upgraded to Bitcoin Wallet 4.33, which included the change to the gradle build tools, which solved many of my building problems with 4.28.

There are changes to the interface, however, in the main screen.

Good News, in my testing I have upgraded to Bitcoin Wallet 4.33, which included the change to the gradle build tools, which solved many of my building problems with 4.28.

There are changes to the interface, however, in the main screen.
Great, onward and upward :cool:
I am looking forward to trying it as soon as on github ..

Thanks for these files, it is what I need to get the icons set up correctly for the app. The Bitcoin Wallet developers have them automatically generated from SVG for the different sizes as part of the code, instead of manually making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back