• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH USP Idea

dazman

I was thinking about how we can describe DASH's Unique Selling Point/Proposition (USP) to new users and came up with the following.

DASH USP = Guaranteed, Free, Secure, Private and Simple Digital Cash Transactions in a Blink

On another note I was looking for a marketing section on the forum to put this in but couldn't find one. Do we have a marketing section and if not, can we create one?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.usp.org/

LOL - DASH USP ??.??%
What percentage of the code is DASH? and what percentage is BTC? - and/or other flavors?
USP is used to describe the purity of a substances

is "Unique Selling Point (USP)" even a real-world term?
sounds made-up......

DASH needs to create a brand and a USP will be key to that brand identity.

Famous UPS's: -

• FedEx Corporation: "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight."
  • M&Ms: "The milk chocolate melts in your mouth, not in your hand."
  • Dominos Pizza: "You get fresh, hot pizza delivered to your door in 30 minutes or less, or it's free."
  • NyQuil: "The nighttime, coughing, achy, sniffling, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest medicine"
  • Target: "Expect More. Pay Less."
  • Geico: "15 Minutes Could Save You 15 Percent or More on Car Insurance."
  • Enterprise: "Pick Enterprise. We'll Pick You Up."
  • Gillette: "the best a man can get."
  • British Airways: "the world’s favourite airline."
  • John Lewis: "never knowingly undersold"
  • Burger King: "have it your way"
  • Tesco: "every little helps"
  • Nike: "just do it"
  • BMW: "the ultimate driving machine"
  • Flake: "the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate"
  • Polo: "the mint with the hole"
  • McDonald's: "I'm loving It"
  • MasterCard: "Priceless"
  • Visa "always on"
  • Western Union; "moving money for better"
  • etc
Brands (along with excellent customer service) creates loyalty and a strong brand identity will distinguish us from our competitors (banks, credit cards, remittance companies and other crypto-currencies etc) in the public's eyes.

MangledBlue This is not about who wrote what code, it's about selling DASH to the public and quite frankly DASH could be the best product that ever existed but if our marketing does not come up to scratch then it doesn't matter how good the product is e.g. there are many pizza companies out there (all using the same code or ingredients). You don't know them all, but I bet you know the ones with the strong brand identities (even if they don't make the best pizza's).

Unfortunately a weak product can do much better than a strong product if the weak product has strong marketing and a strong brand.

For DASH to be remembered by the public we need a strong brand identity and a strong USP to help them to identify what DASH is used for. To achieve this our marketing has to be at least as strong as our development and innovation i.e. best in class.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, You're right... Now I'm wondering why that didn't instantly jump to my mind when I was thinking of DASH.

OK, you got me :)

OMG, You're right... Now I'm wondering why that didn't instantly jump to my mind when I was thinking of DASH.

OK, you got me :)

These quotes you provided aren't USPs, they're marketing slogans. You might mention USPs, for example, when giving an elevator pitch.

"DASH is Digital Cash" is a good, sweet and to-the-point slogan. It's also a somewhat necessary slogan because at this point, the slogan needs to convey to new users what on earth a cryptocurrency is without scaring them away. As with all these things, the slogan will change with time.

Back