• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Text Quality Assurance

1) Regarding the charity, very very few children in Venezuela have phones, how do they make purchases?

2) Based on the following figures, it seems there is very little use of Dash Text outside of the charity program:
The charity website says you have received $3725
The total count of DashText transactions in Venezuela is 5405
The total count of DashText wallets is 3401
Do you have a plan to grow Dash Texts organic usage outside of charity that you can share with the DAO?

3) In Venezuela, an Empanada costs $0.2, you are giving each child $1 per day. For context, a low cost employee in Venezuela earns just $10-$20 a month! Please could you explain how the children typically spend the money they receive?

4) Your website cost $3150, when queried you said it was made by a professional company in the USA. However the text is all written in Spanish style English and looking at charity.dashtext.io we can see this is an amateur at best. We have talented developers in Venezuela that you could have hired at a lower cost for a better result - and paid in Dash! Please could you justify this cost (evidence to Dash Watch would also be appreciated)?
5) As one of the strongest supporters of Dash Text I am constantly let down by how unreliable it is and the lack of reception to the feedback I have been providing. For example, I tried to use Dash Text yesterday (over 24 hours ago) and it didn't work. I reported this issue to both Dash Help and Dash Text but there has been no progress in over a day other than a different error message leaving me unable to move my funds. During the past several months whilst I have been actively using this service I have received the following errors (and this includes testing with multiple phone service providers and many different phones as I was onboarding lots of varied merchants and users during that time):

- The service number 2030 was down for several weeks until it was eventually replaced by 9910 and 3457. This measn no one was able to use DashText for several weeks. Further to this, it took a few weeks for this new number to be updated on DashText.io which was still promoting 2030.

- The service number starting 0424 for Movilnet phones has been down several times, each time leaving users without service for a few days.

- The service numbers 9910 and 3457 were down for a day.

- The service returned a strange error message 'could not fetch content' for half a day.

- The exchange rate of VES to DASH was not updated for 1 or 2 weeks which meant users would overspend a lot on every transaction.

Please explain these constant issues and the lack of communication around them as well as your plans to getting this service to a stage where it is fully usable without constant issues.

Just to clarify where I have the numbers from:

On https://dashtext.io/en/home-2/ it says 3401 wallets.

On http://stats.dashtext.io it says there have been 5405 transactions since 01.05.19 until now. (The stats page does not allow any date earlier)

On https://dashtext.io/charityprogram/ it says that each kid gets distributed $1

On http://charity.dashtext.io/ it says how many donations have been received in total: $3725

On the report of DashWatch https://dashwatch.org/files/1559643534791.pdf it mentions the website cost.

I also have text message histories and screenshots to prove all the outages as I reported them directly to Lorenzo via text message, it was the first time that I was reporting an outage via Dash Help yesterday. Dash Help was really helpful and they did a great customer support, very polite and very professional.

I would like to make a transparent report here about all the issues I discovered with the DASHTEXT service. Lorenzo is ignoring many of these issues and he even insulted me for reporting so many issues to him. I wish that the DAO can realise that we should take care not to release any untested software to the public using the DASH brand like DashText is doing it which in the end hurts the brand of DASH. We are dealing with the money of others and have a huge responsibility. Quality assurance is a hard job as many people like to shoot the messenger, ask Julian Assange. Therefore I have been insulted by Lorenzo as he wanted to downplay these real issues. He seems to be unaware of what is really happening. Anyway I will keep testing and providing feedback wherever I see issues others are not aware of. Thanks for your attention.

I have reported every single failure to Lorenzo via Signal right after they appeared. Always with a screenshot and providing clear information on the issue. He never thanked me for helping him to fix these bugs. In the end he turned against me as he could not admit any failure and wanted to lower my credibility... I have used that service as nobody else ever did... I have educated 140+ users and 40+ merchants on that service... I have seen all the issues people truly had when using it with various mobile phones over various mobile providers ...

For these unaware, dashtext had a complete outage for another 24h just a few days ago. I wonder how users would react if the DASH network would be failing for 24h and as frequently as DASHTEXT has been failing. How would that influence the price of DASH had been failing six full days within three months??? Anyone would like to put his money into such a project???

Dashtext is a custodial service, it should be even more reliable than DASH...

PLEASE WATCH THE ATTACHED SCREENSHOTS TO PROVE MY EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT DASH SERVICES WORK RELIABLY

Attachments

• InShot_20191124_144805432.jpg
    InShot_20191124_144805432.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 165
  • InShot_20191124_145253462.jpg
    InShot_20191124_145253462.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 161
  • InShot_20191124_145551338.jpg
    InShot_20191124_145551338.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 159
  • InShot_20191124_145753084.jpg
    InShot_20191124_145753084.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 165
  • InShot_20191124_145928684.jpg
    InShot_20191124_145928684.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 171
  • InShot_20191124_150046989.jpg
    InShot_20191124_150046989.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 164
  • InShot_20191124_150423610.jpg
    InShot_20191124_150423610.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 162
  • InShot_20191124_150645090.jpg
    InShot_20191124_150645090.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 175
  • InShot_20191124_150844221.jpg
    InShot_20191124_150844221.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 154
  • InShot_20191124_151038585.jpg
    InShot_20191124_151038585.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 165
Apparently Lorenzo is ignoring the feedback in the hopes that this would lower my credibility. Instead he had started to insult me privately on Signal, which I also released on Discord #dash-talk

I have been very patient and friendly with Lorenzo during the past three months, I wanted to believe that he might wake up and overcome his ego, but apparently he has a very hard time to admit any failure nor be grateful for all the hard work I have put in to test his service and assure that the quality of DASH is being kept high.

Lorenzo has been abusing his status inside the community to attack me personally as he can not live by the ever growing standards. The DAO is a public entity and surely every time we are growing and attracting more competent community members.

If the DAO wants to grow in the best possible way we must have members that can admit when others are coming up that find failures about their product otherwise we will simply have some proposal owners to be sitting there manipulating the community members by calling them "friends" and mixing personal with professional relationships.

Attachments

• InShot_20191124_151247633.jpg
    InShot_20191124_151247633.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 160
  • InShot_20191124_151538871.jpg
    InShot_20191124_151538871.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 160
  • InShot_20191124_151718345.jpg
    InShot_20191124_151718345.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 163
  • InShot_20191124_151822734.jpg
    InShot_20191124_151822734.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 161
  • InShot_20191124_152029141.jpg
    InShot_20191124_152029141.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 160
  • InShot_20191124_152225453.jpg
    InShot_20191124_152225453.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 161
  • InShot_20191124_152504743.jpg
    InShot_20191124_152504743.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 165
I would like to add that the two following features were grown out of a private meeting that I had with Lorenzo, even as he is not crediting me nor the DAO at all for this, which would have been very easy with a simple tag on Twitter or Instagram outlining our successful collaboration:

I am very happy to support the DAO voluntarely while I also think that we should credit the structure of the DAO for its existence!

1. FastSend saving 50% SMS cost (avoiding the confirmation msg): https://twitter.com/dash_text/status/1179560020318588929

2. One-Letter-Commands: https://twitter.com/dash_text/status/1199039667481518081

I can simply prove that these two features were born out of the meeting with Lorenzo, because I had a similar meeting with the team of Cointigo where I told them the same things!

I worry a lot about the User Experience (UX) and therefore I provided this feedback to both of them as both of them are using DASH wallets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In return for me providing this valueable feedback to Cointigo they also provided some valueable feedback to me:

Dash Text in its current state could be hacked easily! Cointigo did actually spend 500 dollars to pay a white hat hacker from germany who would prove that their system was hackable.

Therefore Cointigo introduced two factor authentification. I wonder what a scandal it would be if Dash Text would be hacked and users would be loosing their funds, blaming DASH in the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the following Instagram posts to realize some more of the efforts I did to drive Dash Text adoption:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1tR2kygq6U/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EQwfTA900/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zDHyTg2mz/

I am a true believer in the service of Dash Text but I am also a true believer of truth and if I see shit hitting the fan I will say so any time! Lorenzo has been mismanaging the project, as you can see in all the bugs, but especially as he started insulting his best promoter for providing feedback about all the bugs he had discovered. Calling him crazy for sending him so many messages and saying that he has no time to read through them (while everyone on Discord can see him playing 8 hours sessions of online role playing games)... Valueable feedback, the same screenshots I provided here above, was totally ignored, which forces me to go this way and make this public here... I wish Lorenzo would have simply taken the time to handle the issues he had created, every bug that appears in a software becomes bigger and bigger over time and must be fixed immediately. Lorenzo apparently does not have much experience in building reliable software and therefore I was offering him exactly that knowledge for free, voluntarily, in love of the DASH DAO, while he is paying the developers who created these bugs...

I have also programmed a simple Dash Text Android App for free, voluntarely, because I like text message payments so much:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cash.bitcoinmap.dashtext

I have been politely promoting Dash Text even as I knew about the bugs, in the hopes that he would fix them ASAP:

https://twitter.com/BarrioBitcoin/status/1190689454840778752

I would like to add that Dash Text has been using my images on their Instagram channel without crediting me at all for that:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2zkYeNJEKM/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Z0ZdGj-Yj/

I have the originals right here which do not have the DashText logo.

The guy (Carlos) on the first photo can also be seen in a video here where Dash Text also completely missed to credit me at all: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2C-oAYgjdE/

The same video was released on my own instagram channel http://instagram.com/bitcoinmap.cash

The reason why Lorenzo is simply ignoring all this is because he would not be able to deny any of the facts nor give any appropiate answer to the questions!

In the dash forums, you'll often see comments that effectively say, "put up or shut up". And I appreciate it does sound like a cop-out, but I think in this instance I would be very happy to see someone build a Dash Text competitor. One of the problems with the dash DAO is lack of competition, and here you are demonstrating just how badly it is needed.

@LorenzoReyC I have visited 20-40 Ex Dash Merchant acquired merchants in Caracas during the past six months that i have been here, I believe that in total we might have 100-500 real merchants left here from the 2650 highscore listed on discoverdash months ago, many of them had their stickers ripped off partially and were not taking DASH anymore, some of them were totally untraceable and some of them were submitted with wrong names and wrong gps position on discoverdash,

I could convince a few of them to take my DASH after explaining them that there is no other way I would be able to pay.

In addition to that their POS is still active but the merchant data from all of these merchants was never transfered to the DAO. You must be in posession of their logins which have an email contact related to them, each of these merchants has a login and many have forgotten their login.

Dash Merchant did not only submit fake data to Dash Watch, it did a very poor customer support.

You have been one of the leading figures in Dash Merchant, as we could see you promoting it on the videos as one of the two frontman. Why did you never release the POS logins and the related email contacts to the DAO? The logins with email contact would be a clear prove of how many merchants you actually acquired. Do you still want to blame all responsibility for submitting the fake numbers to Dash Watch on your partner?

Last edited:
@LorenzoReyC Regarding DashText, I would like to know, who is actually working in your team? Why are you the only person that has ever been seen publicly representing DashText? I tried to meet your team several times, you always rejected my offer.

We have projects now in Venezuela that do a much better job in presentation, customer support and acquisition while working with a budget that is much lower than Dash Merchant was. I find the budget of Dash Text extremely exaggerated.

You have been pointing out that you had 8-10 employees working on Dash Text in one of the past proposals. Each for a salary that is way out of line for Venezuela.

I wonder what these employees are working on, as Dash Text is a very simple service that requires just one software developer.

Would you be able to exactly point out what each of your employees is or was working on? Would you be able to present your team to the DASH community in a video? Would you be able to justify why they earn a salary that is several times higher than it would be if they were working for any other company in Venezuela?

@LorenzoReyC Would you be willing to transfer the phone numbers related to Dash Text to the DAO before asking for the next funding?

We must find a way how the DAO can make sure that the DASH community can care for these users and merchants. It is an extremely high risk the DAO has been ignoring for too long.

We have seen what happened with Goerge Donnelly and what he did with the customer data he took with himself.

Would you be willing to sign a written agreement that the customer data belongs to the DAO and that you have no right to reuse it in any other project?

Would you be able to transfer the data to the DAO in a programmable automated fashion as soon as it is acquired? It would be very easy to add an additional REST HTTP call to your SMS gateway which automatically delivers a new user phone number to the DAO. Why has that not been done yet?

Last edited:
DASH TEXT HAS SUPPOSEDLY BEEN HACKED, as you can see on one of these screenshots, the wallet gets depleted without sending any message. Simply receiving the confirmation message from the network. I just demanded another hack of my personal number to prove it being a legit hack. Lets wait for the results!

Thanks to the team of CoinTigo for doing this voluntary work! They are really concerned about the overall reputation of our industry! If Dash Text would be hacked it would make a bad impression also on their product.

I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT IF LORENZO WOULD HAVE SIMPLY TAKEN MY FEEDBACK SERIOUSLY WHICH I PROVIDED TO HIM OVER THE PAST THREE MONTHS, THEN WE COULD HAVE SOLVED THIS ISSUE WITHOUT ANY OF THIS PUBLICITY, I AM CERTAINLY VERY ANNOYED ABOUT HAVING TO GO THIS WAY BUT LORENZO SEEMS TO BE TOTALLY INSIDE HIS OWN WORLD DENYING THE FACTS OF REALITY

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-27-15-16-18 (1).png
    Screenshot_2019-11-27-15-16-18 (1).png
    285.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Screenshot_2019-11-27-14-56-45 (1).png
    Screenshot_2019-11-27-14-56-45 (1).png
    278.3 KB · Views: 186
If anyone can make a Dash Text account in Spain and would provide his number & consent of being hacked, then we could prove how easy it is to hack Dash Text once again.

This is the response I got when I requested to get my Venezuelan number hacked: "hello Feliz we don't have ss7 local access in Venezuela but we can do it in a Spanish account if you need to. just make an account in Spain for example and write me a concent letter here and we can make the test . the problem is sms from outside Venezuela are routed by short codes so we can reach with the ss7 service we already pay. it could be done but requires local access in Venezuela wich we didn't have atm."

I would like to backup the claims that Lorenzo Rey who was one of the two leaders appearing on the videos of Dash Merchant claimed to have 2500 merchants in Venezuela, most of them in Caracas, at the end of 2018 until the scam was uncovered after that I reported the issue on the Dash-Talk Discord Channel on mid 2019 after I had arrived in Venezuela and checked on these merchants visiting many merchants that did not exist.

On this video you can listen to Lorenzo Rey as he is outright lying to the camera, saying that there was a consistent approach of Quality Assurace and Follow-Ups with the merchants (from my personal conversations with these merchants I can tell you that many had been left alone after Dash Merchant had installed them the POS and had put the sticker):

If that had been the case, the whole Dash Merchant scam would not have been possible(starting at 1:00):

Today after the clean-up we have 851 merchants listed for Venezuela on discoverdash (see attached screenshot), from which maybe 500 remain of the Dash Merchant campaign, as we had other teams working on adoption in the mean time.

Lorenzo Rey was involved in that scam, reporting fake numbers to Dash Watch and reporting fake data to discoverdash.com which hurt the image of DASH as a whole.

I am afraid many community members might not be totally aware of that fact, when I met Lorenzo personally he blamed the responsibility all on his partner, which I can not believe as he was leading the team in the same way and must have realized that the numbers were exaggerated and he had the responsibility to check that reported merchants would really exist.

Why am I reporting this here related to Dash Text? Well, Dash Text was used as a cover up operation right after Dash Merchant failed, bringing up some positive news so that the bad news would be forgotten.

Here you can see that the Instagram channel of Dash Merchant was used to promote Dash Text in the beginning before the scam was uncovered: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtCXCkRnjVO/

The reality of the scam that 75% of the reported merchants were fake was never adressed, even DiscoverDash & Dash Help were unable to uncover the full scam until a person from Europe came to Venezuela to actually visit these merchants.

Here is a report of DashNews of that time when discoverdash was above 2500 merchants: https://dashnews.org/dash-accepting...2500-as-country-claims-1-in-wallet-downloads/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 14.26.51.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 14.26.51.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
In the same way that Lorenzo Rey tried to cover the Dash Merchant scandal by coming up with some good news of Dash Text right afterwards, he recently published some highly speculative goals of the Dash Text team, totally ignoring all the reported bugs, calling them minor issues, totally ignoring the full outages where the last one was just 3 days ago!! https://twitter.com/dash_text/status/1199143591500754947

I WISH THAT LORENZO REY SOLVES ALL THE BUGS WITH DASH TEXT AND DELIVERS THE CUSTOMER DATA AND CODE BASE TO THE DAO BEFORE HE PUTS UP ANY NEW PROPOSAL OR COMES UP WITH ANY MORE FEATURES.

Then the MNOs shall decide if they want to give him another chance or say finally good bye to make space for others which might be more reliable in delivering real results for DASH.

DASH TEXT HAS BEEN HACKED

DASH TEXT HAS BEEN DOWN SEVERAL DAYS & EVEN WEEKS DURING THE PAST SIX MONTHS

LORENZO REY HAS BEEN CAUGHT LYING ON THE CAMERA,

LORENZO REY HAS BEEN REPORTING FAKE MERCHANTS TO DISCOVERDASH AND TO DASH WATCH.

LORENZO REY HAS BLAMED EVERYTHING ON HIS EX-PARTNER IN A PERSONAL MEETING WITH ME

I attached some more screenshots of my conversation with the Dash Help Team where I reported the latest FULL OUTAGE of Dash Text on 21th November to 22th November 2019

With these screenshots I want to show you that even that I had tried to get to Lorenzo with private reports and private meetings, he was ignoring my reports and did not get a reliable service running within six months that I have been here in Venezuela. INSTEAD HE CHOSED TO INSULT ME AS A TROLL TRYING TO LOWER MY CREDIBILITY TRYING TO ABUSE HIS PERCEIVED SUPERIOR STATUS WITHIN THE DASH COMMUNITY... I FIND THAT BEHAVIOUR VERY STRANGE!!!

The screenhots are in Spanish, Dash Help is doing a very professional customer support, they answered quickly and reported the issue to Dash Text and later came back to me to inform me when it was solved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191128-150531.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150531.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot_20191128-150520.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150520.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20191128-150513.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150513.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20191128-150452.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150452.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20191128-150434.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150434.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20191128-150411.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150411.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_20191128-150355.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150355.png
    195.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20191128-150346.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150346.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_20191128-150332.png
    Screenshot_20191128-150332.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 164
I am happy to see that the MNOs want to give DASH Text another chance.

I wish Lorenzo would finally open source the code base so that he could get support from some professionals of our rich community to fix basic bugs.

Yesterday night I wanted to onboard a user to @dash_text which failed once again. The wallet was created, user did not receive any response. Last time they received an empty msg as response. This is horrible @Dashpay experience. Why is DASH Text abusing the brand??

https://twitter.com/BarrioBitcoin/status/1210926604467220485

The transactions of Dash Text in Venezuela have reached an all-time low, the tx count has declined from 1000 to 100 per month within the past 6 months, see attached screenshots for details and verify the information yourself at http://stats.dashtext.io

Why is the DAO still funding this project??

Its a waste of money and even worse the quality of that service is harming the DASH reputation.

I WONDER IF ANY MNO HAS EVER CHECKED THE STATS BEFORE SUPPORTING THAT PROPOSAL

The proposal system must be improved in a way that would support MNOs to make a fact based decision instead of falling for any propaganda by the POs.

Attachments

• statsdashtextaug.png
    statsdashtextaug.png
    36 KB · Views: 174
  • statsdashtextsep.png
    statsdashtextsep.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 162
  • statsdashtextoct.png
    statsdashtextoct.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 165
  • statsdashtextnov.png
    statsdashtextnov.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 170
  • statsdashtextdec.png
    statsdashtextdec.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 161
  • statsdashtextjan.png
    statsdashtextjan.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 160
The transactions of Dash Text in Venezuela have reached an all-time low, the tx count has declined from 1000 to 100 per month within the past 6 months, see attached screenshots for details and verify the information yourself at http://stats.dashtext.io

Why is the DAO still funding this project??

Its a waste of money and even worse the quality of that service is harming the DASH reputation.

I WONDER IF ANY MNO HAS EVER CHECKED THE STATS BEFORE SUPPORTING THAT PROPOSAL

The proposal system must be improved in a way that would support MNOs to make a fact based decision instead of falling for any propaganda by the POs.

Well, it appears for January 2020 it was USA 13 and Venezuela 137.

I guess someone is using the service and finding it useful. And I guess in times when there is no power and Internet, it might be a useful backup to someone. Initially I was not a big supporter of this service but I concede there are edge cases to this, such as getting older people using this that may not have or want a smart phone. Also, I think they also run this over telegram? - I don't know how many of those transactions are over SMS or telegram. Anyone here have experience with Dash Text over telegram?

Well, it appears for January 2020 it was USA 13 and Venezuela 137.

I guess someone is using the service and finding it useful. And I guess in times when there is no power and Internet, it might be a useful backup to someone. Initially I was not a big supporter of this service but I concede there are edge cases to this, such as getting older people using this that may not have or want a smart phone. Also, I think they also run this over telegram? - I don't know how many of those transactions are over SMS or telegram. Anyone here have experience with Dash Text over telegram?

Cognitive dissonance, the mental conflict that occurs when beliefs or assumptions are contradicted by new information. The unease or tension that the conflict arouses in people is relieved by one of several defensive maneuvers: they reject, explain away, or avoid the new information; persuade themselves that no conflict really exists;

Back